It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS<<<<

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hey!
I am working this Memorial Day weekend and I have a lot of time I need to kill so I decided to formerly introduce myself.

My name is ________ and I was born and raised in the state of New Jersey. I am 27 now, mother to one child, and I have associates in Criminal Justice. That was a waste of time, because currently I am in the application process to become a firefighter. Wish me Luck!

I stand up for my rights and sometimes I am known to be a maverick. One thing about me is that if there is an injustice in my line of sight, I will stick my nose in the situation and try to solve it. I will not conform to any religion, although I do believe in a creator. I am a Liberal and I wish politicians would all go jump off a bridge. I believe that astrology, the bible, and science have major roles to play in this world.

Originally, my plan in life was to enlist in the Air Force when I turned 18. I graduated High School and met up with a recruiter that spring. I was signed up and ready to ship out in August of 2001. I was super excited to finally have a chance at a new and exciting life. Until that moment, from an 18 year-olds perspective, my life had sucked big time and I wanted out! The military was offering what I had always dreamed of; Adventure!

Sometime in June, I wasn’t feeling myself so I decided to go to the doctor. I was diagnosed with PREGNANCY. My life completely changed after that. Instead of going to the military, I enrolled into college. Everything that could have went wrong, did go wrong after that. 9/11 happened and I was almost glad that I didn’t go into the military. I may not have made it back alive. Funny how things happen like that.

From 2001 up until now, I must have experienced every bad scenario that can happen to a person. I lost a parent, obtained some debts, went through a period of depression, got arrested (wrong place wrong time kind of thing), almost died, picked up some bad habits, relationship issues etc…

The positive side is that I made it out Alive and Sane. I have no regrets and no shame about who I am. All of these events have humbled me and now I can live in peace knowing that my spirit is unbreakable.

So now, at 27, my goals have changed. I have a passion to learn. My interests are very diverse. The internet gives me everything I need to satisfy my hunger for knowledge. I’m also addicted to reading and I am in and out of the library on regular basis.

I accidently, or maybe not so accidently, stumbled across ATS one day, while I was researching global warming. I immediately signed up and I’ve been a member ever since. It’s hard to find like-minded people to talk to in real life. The internet is a wonderful place and I love that I can connect with people worldwide! Truly amazing.

Lately, my mind has been calm. I am observing the issues that are going on in the world today. Part of my daily routine is to check the news and keep up with current events. The world is changing. There is no telling what will happen next; it’s all a mystery. But one can still prepare.

In a nutshell, here is my view point of what is going on. Money is “God” for most people. Oil is ruining whatever peace we have between nations. WWIII is inevitable. People seemed to be possessed and are committing heinous crimes against each other. The governments of the world are losing control of its people. The truths behind all the lies are being revealed, one by one. The earth is going through a depression. People are waking up and are refusing to remain brainwashed. The evil-doers are becoming more evil. The good people are being corrupted. The war between science and religion is getting deeper. It’s all going downhill from here.

cont.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by myeyeshavseen]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Since we are basically living in Hell, I’ve decided that there isn’t much we can do about it but try and live a happy life and cross whatever bridge when we get to it. It’s useless to live with paranoia or to get furious over the injustice in the world. It’ll make you go crazy. It is what it is.

I am still getting used to the website so please excuse my naivety. My style of writing is simplistic and I like to get straight to the point. I write how I speak. I hope to start some threads soon as there are many topics I would like to discuss and get feedback from. I enjoy reading the threads on this website and am happy to read that there are so many people out there who perceive life the same way I do. It’s very refreshing to say the least.

Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by myeyeshavseen

Hi myeyeshavseen, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hello there and Welcome To ATS!

I noticed your title..."Newbie" is frowned upon here.

You are much more than that. You are part of the Awakening!

Soak in as much info here as you take, with your appropriate filters in place, and enjoy!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

=) Changed the title.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hello and welcome,nice introduction,i like how life has its twists and turns,keeps me on my toes

nice to meet you,see you around the boards.

Regards to all

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

You sound like a no nonsense, get the job done person. I like that.

As a mother, grandmother and great grandmother I have seen a lot also.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney failure and without a kidney transplant I will die quicker than I had planned.

Even with the thought of my grandsons going into military service and seeing the condition our world is in I am happier today that I have ever been.

Each day is a gift and our planet is a beautiful place. Enjoy it.

You may think you have seen and experienced a lot. You're just hitting the tip of the iceberg. You have a whole lot of experiences yet to survive.

May all your fondest wishes come true and you gain the knowledge to accept life as it comes and enjoy it as much as I do.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Welcome!

In case you are a truthseeker you might want to check out my signature link(self-cultivation book link which is out of the ordinary)....

Good luck to you, sounds like you can bring alot of energy into this place!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS

I look forward to reading your posts and opinions.

Remain Vigilant

-bonsaisert

new topics

top topics

join