It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VIDEO* Enormous Oil Blowout!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow, folks! All I can say is this cam capture is intense! I'm pretty much speechless.

Some of you may have heard (from blogs, and threads here) about an enormous "blowout" that was apparently being covered up by BP quickly turning off the "live feed," before switching over to a loop for several hours. I had only read about this in several places until I ran across this video, taken moments before the live feed was *interrupted* before being replaced with a 15 minute loop while they tried to figure out what on earth had happened! This is the first time I've seen footage of this blowout, and they most definitely weren't fibbing when they said it was HUGE.

I tried a search, but there's so many threads on this topic I wasn't able to find anything regarding this specific footage. Therefore, I apologize if I missed it and this has already been posted.

Now that's just plain scary to watch!
Thoughts?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I haven't read this on other threads or heard about it. When did this happen? Unbelieveable!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I first read about it yesterday morning, so I'm assuming it happened within the past 2 or 3 days tops. I'm in the process of digging for more information, and I'll be updating the OP as I find it.

I still can't believe what I'm seeing in that video. 5,000 barrels a day, huh? Get REAL, BP! Stop insulting our intelligence already!

Cheers,
Strype

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Huge isn't it and someone here has a thread about how this spill is the same as the Exxon/Valdez in 79. Sure it is, only about 10 times as bad.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

The video was posted on youtube on 5/20.

Looks like the same old footage to me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Ahh, yes, I just noticed the date on Youtube as well. Thank you. So obviously this footage was taken over a week ago. Regardless, I have been watching the "live" feed fairly regularly for over a week, and haven't seen any leaks that are remotely close to the size of the "blowout" in that video. It's not just the "same 'ol." For someone who had seen many hours of footage, it was quite frightening when I first saw it.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

I might be being dumb here but without scale reference points that could be anything from the size of a small bonfire to a volcano......

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Isn't this the mud?

They are trying to clog the hole by pumping a ton of mud into the hole with the hope that the slurry will be heavy enough to sit on top of the leak so they can put concrete on top.

It will be like this throughout the weekend as they try.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by breakingdradles]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Uhh, hello, haven't you guys been watching the news/reading ATS?

They are trying to clog the hole by pumping a ton of mud into the hole with the hope that the slurry will be heavy enough to sit on top of the leak so they can put concrete on top.

It will be like this throughout the weekend as they try.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by breakingdradles]

Did you not read the thread? This footage was taken over a week ago, well before they started pumping any mud. That, my friend, is oil, methane and dispersant coming out in an enormous quantity.

Cheers,
Strype

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Strype]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

They're never gonna tell us the truth anyway

It's hard to believe any of the footage, is it live is it taped, which angles aren't being shown, etc...

God help us. I'm from Louisiana, it's hard to watch us get crapped on twice in 5 years.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This tragedy is far devastating enough that we really don't need to fear-monger on top of it, do we? Clearly you aren't trying to hoax, but I think we all should step up the 'quality' of our 'work' here at ATS on this topic.

In a way, we all feel so helpless to do anything, that making drastic/ outlandish claims (in addition to other tactics like minimizing, denying, etc.) almost feels like doing something, thus, giving one a bit of faux feeling of control, if that makes sense. Nevertheless, we should be conscious about our actions and thoughts, so that we can best learn and respond to this horrible situation, and not deter others away from this topic by hyperbole (or minimization/denial).

Best,
SN

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Huge isn't it and someone here has a thread about how this spill is the same as the Exxon/Valdez in 79. Sure it is, only about 10 times as bad.

1979 Ixtoc
1989 Exxon Valdez

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

Originally posted by damwel

1979 Ixtoc
1989 Exxon Valdez

Speaking of Ixtoc:

Damn oil company liars re: safety of deep sea drilling and their ability to respond to a worse case scenario.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Excellent. I was waiting for video to surface.

See this post...

http://(nolink)/2010/05/24/breaking-news-reports-huge-explosions-seafloor-collapse-beneath-gulf-oil-spill/

Others who are looking for that video include seminal.firedoglake.com as well as a few others.

Do you have any more?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

I apologize for the delayed response, alex. I've been out of town. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any more videos of this specific event, yet. However, I'm going to begin doing some more research now. I will let you (and everybody else) know if I find anything of importance!

Cheers,
Strype

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
you know the longer this BP thing goes on - the more I keep thinking about Apollo 13. it has us all on pins and needles with twist and turns and suspense. it's made for TV drama. Eco Terrorism 101.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So instead of nice quick kill from a meteor strike or Nibiru. What we are looking at as most probable is a long slow agoniser, that will put brother against brother. Father against son. The stench will rise up and fill the air with death and men's hearts will fail them from what is coming upon the earth. It appears hell on earth is coming.

top topics

join