It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% Favor Auditing the Federal Reserve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

80% Favor Auditing the Federal Reserve

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Eighty percent (80%) of Americans now agree with Congress that auditing the Federal Reserve Board is a good idea, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

Just nine percent (9%) oppose an audit of the Fed, and 12% more are not sure.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2010 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Heh-Whoever the remaining 20% are, I would like to try and understand their reasoning behind NOT wanting to audit these crooks and henchmen.

Dr. Ron Paul has been literally a lone ranger in going after these racketeers and counterfeiters of worthless I.O.U.'s, which are keeping this nation in perpetual debt slavery and subservience to a very few clever scam artists in high places.

The sooner we expose these criminals and their crooked activities for the frauds they are, the sooner we may be able to switch to something different than this system which has been gutting us all financially and keeping us in debt for ages now.

The entire monetary system is a sham. These people have nothing of any actual value to back their paper notes up with, other than people's BELIEF they do. heh

www.rasmussenreports.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2010 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Auditing the Fed is a double-edged sword.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, and I would be in the 80% that agree with it, but to overlook the ramifications of what will come once it is audited is rather short-sighted in my opinion.

However, I believe the truth is ultimately what's most important and that the government needs to go through the pain of rebuilding the trust in the system that Americans have lost over the years.

I just think it's going to be a very volatile and painful journey....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Waste of time but a brilliant diversion to channel all the anger of the public while achieving nothing imo. The government and bankers have already looted the American public for trillions and nothing is done, an audit where you find the Federal reserve doing exactly what it was created to do, along with maybe a few shocks for the public will also achieve nothing. Far too many people have bought in to the 'audit the fed' frenzy thinking they are doing good when they are in fact working in favor of the Fed by not addressing the real solution to such a corrupt entity.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Audited by whom? A government department or an 'independent' one.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
100% agree and think we should have audited the fed all along.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't have any doubt that doing so will expose decades of scams.

However, I don't think most people think ahead, and wonder what happens when the dollar becomes useless after completing the audit.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
do you really believe these people will leave a trail? when you actually audit them you'll get a blank page along with some uneasy (because not very innocent) smiles from the gatekeepers.

they are burning the records already, probably have been doing it since 2008 or even 2001, 1933 or, who knows, maybe they never even filed any.

edit: if you can get the real scoop today, though, we'll have a nuke attack and martial law by tomorrow. i'm nevertheless in favor of investigating the PTB to the fullest, sooner or later they'll attack anyway.

[edit on 2010.5.28 by Long Lance]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

True enough.
But I think this is at least one situation where blank pages are going to be viewed as worse than what could have possibly been there to begin.

If only for the fact that many critics that have been gathering steam in the past year, whether deserved or not, will certainly have a field day filling in those blank pages once released.

Plus, this is not really an Obama thing as much as it is "proof" that the corruption of decades past crosses both political parties and I believe no party, nor any President, will be found to be on the "right side" of this debacle.

Again, the ramifications of this measure surely should not be overlooked. And should it actually come to fruition, which personally I doubt will happen in my lifetime, it will be when I start stocking up on supplies.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A real audit by the GAO would uncover chicanery by the FED.
Looking back a few years, the comptroller of the GAO [David Walker] was the one who warned us the U.S. was insolvent (bankrupt). The GAO comptroller is appointed for a certain number of years and cant be fired.

America The Bankrupt
GAO Head Takes Fiscal Show On The Road To Warn Of Trouble Ahead
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Rottenness at the top has that trickle down effect until your best friends are screwing you because they got screwed by others who got screwed. Please AUDIT THE Financial Execution Department.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We should ban Federal Reserve. Auditing gives them a chance of dog and pony show. And it's business as usual.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ill drink to that*Toast*the beginning of the end of the federal reserve.

Maybe we will adopt Iceland rules and start international bankers and derivative makes,and start printing our own money interest free.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Unfortunately said Audit is exceedingly limited in scope. Primarily dealing with TARP money. A salve that calms the fears of the ignorant masses. A 'Factoid ' that if true would be infinitely more palatable. " The US Congress has the option to buy back the FED at $450 millions (per Congressional Records) " I have been unable to locate this tidbit. Online Congressional Records only go back to 1994.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
Maybe we will adopt Iceland rules and start international bankers and derivative makes,and start printing our own money interest free.

do you know who is helping Iceland
in this process???

Julian Assange: from Wikileaks

top topics

join