It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: BP dismantling the Gulf oil spill BOP

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I found this www.shearpowerservices.com... I think would do the trick.

Can we fire BP and get these guys on the seen. That shear they have shown on their video looks impressive. It wouldn't have to make a complete cut through the end of the riser pipe. Could be stopped 2 inches from compete cut and be left in place. Also the blades could be changed to ones that would do the best job for crimping and sealing the leak.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogwomp
I found this www.shearpowerservices.com... I think would do the trick.

Can we fire BP and get these guys on the seen. That shear they have shown on their video looks impressive. It wouldn't have to make a complete cut through the end of the riser pipe. Could be stopped 2 inches from compete cut and be left in place. Also the blades could be changed to ones that would do the best job for crimping and sealing the leak.

I agree 100%. The finished cut looks as though it could be crimped shut.. All it would need is a more blunt edged blade and crimp it in maybe 3 spots. But again we need to ask ourselves; is solving this problem really what they want to do? I mean, there were other sound ideas that would have also worked IMHO.

Another of this ideas was the oil eating microbes that looked very effective in past problems. Why then didn't they use these microbes in this situation. Instead they let it leak; and to add insult to injury they pump in toxic dispersants.

All this leads one to think something is underhandedly going on. At least those with common sense. They are banking on the fact that we are ignorant.
But WE here Deny Ignorance!! Wake up, everyone who isn't on the same page as we!

~ Noah

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
From my own opinion, it appears they ran into some sort of issue with the mud clogging the machinery. The ROV with the cutting device has been sitting in the same spot with oil/mud spewing on it from the partial cut for 3 hours now. You can see the stuff caking up on the tracks.

Hopefully they'll get something down there to clean it off and resume cutting.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join