It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: BP dismantling the Gulf oil spill BOP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I remember them saying a couple weeks ago that the Top Kill had the potential to make the situation worse if it failed. To my understanding, if it has indeed failed, then the relief wells are the last reasonable option and are months away, one source mentioned August. Wow.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Watch now... Far away view shows mud coming from side of BOP.. Will post to my blog when I am done recording...

There is a loos hose flying all over the places and The top of the BOP is in horrible condition!!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
looking at the video's they are just "playing" with a chain hoist
in all 3 video's

yes the plume in the last picture looks indeed bigger

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Where is the media?? Where??? Where?? It is like a war zone down their my goodness.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It does look like the ruptures have worsened and multiplied.

I'm watching it live right now and it does not look well.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Gulf oil spill BOP has blown a huge hole. Top kill is failing miserable. The bottom of the gulf of Mexico looks like a war zone!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
CNN IS REPORTING IT NOW!!!! Saying JUNK Shot may have blown the hole..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have made several posts about the high probability of the low density strata blowing out around the well. We are talking about enormous pressures and a possible supercritical solution of LPG and oil to erode past the well pipe.
Perhaps it is time to discus a true WCS.
The well blows completely out and an ever expanding hole gushes many hundred X the present amount of oil/gas.
The lack of refilling the reservoir collapses the sea bed causing a massive sudden release of methane while triggering a tsunami in the gulf.
The gulf and its coastline are decimated low oxygen death zones for many decades and the Atlantic is unfishable for decades also.
I've had it with MSM low balling just how bad this all could get. Make no mistake if the seafloor is eroded it is a game over situation and the best we can do is run from our folly.
N.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

I think the junk came right up and ripped some new ones in it. Looks like it was hit with a cannister or beehive round, imagine a tank sized shotgun shell.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Its absolutely great. There is a BP representative on CNN Robert Dudley and apparently no one has called him to inform him what is going on. He just reported that TOP KILL is going along as planned.

You figure some one would have given him an update.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sorry, trying to keep the live blog updated, this thread and my twitter account.

NY times is now saying BP has reported top kill has been suspended again after two failed junk shots.
www.nytimes.com...

However, CNN is saying that BP is still reporting that BP this operation is still going as planned!?!?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexhiggins732
Its absolutely great. There is a BP representative on CNN Robert Dudley and apparently no one has called him to inform him what is going on. He just reported that TOP KILL is going along as planned.

I know it great isn't it?

I also love how BP thinks that barrels of "mud" gushing out of the hole is of no concern either. I can't see anything being released into the ecosystem in large numbers being beneficial.

Just heard now on CNN that we won't know till Sunday if it's worked or not...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

I dont know what the odds of your scenario coming to pass are, but I give you
for doom and gloom.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

How can this be going on right now and they just say everything is going as planned?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The angle of the live feed has been changed so you can barely see everything that is going on the peripheral but you can still see it sneak on to the screen every now and then.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Don't know, really don't...

But the way BP's been acting since starting this "Top Kill" thing reminds me off this...

Link

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Even the new angle isn't hiding this puppy... It is totally overwhelming the camera screen now.

Live blog here:
http://(nolink)/2010/05/28/breaking-news-bp-dismantling-gulf-oil-spill-bop/

View the live streams your self here:
http://(nolink)/2010/05/20/live-video-feed-webcam-gulf-oil-spill/

Funny... the live stream is right there on the CNN TV screen and Wolf Blitzer is pretending like nothing is going on.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
AP just asked BP Execute Doug Suttles about this issue and Suttles says he has not been watching the video for the last 45 minutes so he can not comment.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by alexhiggins732]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Suttles asked why we should believe BP, especially after saying he couldn't comment on the plume.

Suttles responds that you can make whatever observations you want about the plume but those observations aren't indicative of the success of the TOP KILL.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

oh, alexhiggins, my dear friend...
They are telling us it is going exactly as expected. Things are proceeding as they planned. They are being honest and truthful!

It is because they never expected this to work in the first place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join