It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Major Hurricanes Predicted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Seven Major Hurricanes Predicted

news.sky.com

Up to 14 hurricanes are being predicted for the Western Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico by the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) - and up to seven of these could be major storms.

"The numbers are going to go up quite high," said hurricane forecaster William Gray.

This year's season, which runs from next week to the end of November, "looks like a hell of a year," he added.

The current hurricane record was set in 2005, which saw 15 of them, including Hurricane Katrina that killed around 1,500 and caused $80bn (£55bn) in damage.

Up to seven hurricanes are pre
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed all caps from thread title.

[edit on 7/22/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
my god that's awful news, I hope they aren't as predicted whatsoever, just put up to give you all a quick warn just in case,
there is no info though as to why they think that there are this many predicted esp by the gulf, seems like weird timing for me.

this year seems to be getting worse and worse esp with the oil crisis, its not good at all

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I live on the Treasure Coast of Florida and believe me NOAA is damn good at what they do.

It absolutely pisses me off though when people start spouting off idiocies like hey Florida has not gotten a hurricane in four years so NOAA is always wrong.

Like just because Florida has not gotten a hurricane then no one else did either.

Well explain that to Cuba, Haiti and other island nations of the Caribbean these past four years. Not to mention the two CAT 5's we had in one year, two years ago that hit Texas and Mexico in unpopulated areas...thank God.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What makes this worse is the amount of oil that is in the coast right now. Raining oil and all of the flooding with storm surges that are mostly oil coming ashore.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Oh good heavens, are these hurricanes gonna be winging out oil all over the coasts?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Apparently NOAA's record for predictions is pretty good.

www.cruisecritic.com...

First off, let's consider the qualifiers. The predictions are offered in percentages of probability and wide ranges -- a 7 in 10 chance of having 9 to 14 storms. The significant margin of error has meant that the NOAA has been generally accurate over the last several seasons. Last year NOAA predicted a strong chance (65 percent) of an "above normal" season with 12 to 16 named storms; of these, 6 to 9 were expected to become hurricanes, with 2 to 5 major hurricanes. In the end, we saw 16 named Atlantic storms, with eight hurricanes, five of them major -- all within the ranges. And in 2007, the 15 named storms fell within the original estimate of 13 to 17.

Weather prediction has gotten a lot better over the last few decades, so with the data being presented, chances are we are going to have a busy year.

Combined with the oil spill, this could be one crazy year.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Every season since Katrina has been predicted as "extreme."

If they just stick to their guns sooner or later they're bound to be right.

Keep calling heads and eventually heads will come up.

And each year we have the same threads pop up with the same "what if theyre right oh noes" posts and the same "didnt they say this last year and the year before?" posts.

I'm waiting for the oil soaked hurricane that catches fire. That'll be something to see.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I think it means precisely that to be honest, it's such a shame for all sea life

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Oh good heavens, are these hurricanes gonna be winging out oil all over the coasts?
reply to post by nixie_nox

Of course it will Darlin. What we are seeing right now, amount to preps for the main event. A karmic rain on the whitehouse. Possibly even a meteor strike in the gulf. We prolly can't imagine the possibilities now made probable. I said it in another thread Gods word will come to pass. That includes one third of the Earth being scorched. Soon this leak will make that far more than feaseble. I hate to sound like the scary doom and gloomer but those are the facts.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I've been told to post in here as my thread was closed (even though it was in the news forum).

Anyhow i said this:

I don't know if this is scaremongering but it seems over the next few months you guys living in the areas which are affected by Hurricanes are going to have one hell of a hurricane season... add to that the oil which will get whipped up and spat out over the areas then you have some very sick people about...

Good Luck!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'm waiting for the oil soaked hurricane that catches fire. That'll be something to see.

Yes. I totally agree. I've thought about seeing it. After seeing pictures of the lightning coming out of the Iceland Volcano I knew this was meant to be. The perfect storm.

It will be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Natures awesome power.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
They are going to have to place some form of cooling agent within the Gulf. As crazy as it sounds something like a large ice berg or bergs or some cold ice water deposits or even crazier some snow producing chemtrails I dont know, but they have got to forcfully cool the Gulf before it starts to spin the hurricanes. SMH

[edit on 5/28/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I watch all hurricane season on NOAA

if you go to the national hurricane center and view the gulf sat loop its 2 days ond and looping in the dark
that has always been current and hot
many gulf bouys are not live any more
and from what I saw, all the live vid feeds have been removed

can't see anything (oil???)

hhhmmmmmm

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

dr

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The Hurricanes and the Oil Spill will probably have no effect on eachother...in 1979 the Gulf of Mexico had one of the biggest oil spills in history and it was during Hurricane Season

there were 4 storms that happened in the oil filled waters and they did not make "oil rain" or any of the sort and the hurriances were not very strong

This has happened before so it's likely from past experience that nothing too catastrophic will happen because of the oil spills and the hurricance s interacting

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

That is because they were waiting on el nino. El nino calls for an extreme hurricane season, but I think el nino got delayed, which is why the one year they didn't get anything. But el nino causes havok this winter,and is supposed to cause a bad hurricane season.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hurricane parties just don't have the same appeal as they used too.

I hope they're wrong this year.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
this is all we need right now! the oil leak still isn't under control, debt is astronomically high, living in a recession, north korea ready for war. 2010 is shaping up to be a year of turmoil and hardships. they are killing us, TPTB

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutzoid
I forgot to add this, but regarding my previous post, I had been living with this fella named ken king and his daughter, who, in 1999 had a crop circle show up in his field.I am Ojibway(1/4) and he is full blooded Ojibway, and when Hopi leaders heard of this crop circle they came to him and told him that the crop circles were very important and he's been flown out to various ceremonies in nevada or wherever(can't really remember) netowne.com...
thats the crop circle page. Real interesting stuff.
...I spoke with Ken King today, he wants to know who you are, as I know for a fact no one was living with him or his daughter in 1999. He said call him, you say you lived with him, you must know his number, it has not been changed. You gave him good laugh with your lies.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I guess this will be the proof on either that oild spill being real or not when it gets slung everywhere or when it doesn't. Man do I hope it's not to bad down there for them...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
These 'predictions' are silly.. Nearly every single year, they are off by like 70%. LAST year, the originally said it would be a busy year.

Then, nothing happened, and they 'updated' their 'prediction'. You simply cannot predict what the intertropical convergence zone will spawn out perfectly. You can find signs and clues of what MAY happen, but its a guess. (i.e. prediction) all the same.

I say maybe 2 cat 4 storms, and 4 non-threats. and 3 that don't hit land.
Again, another prediction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join