It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama the Broken Record??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Obama made a statement the other day during his annual press conference that sounded rather familiar to me. He mentioned that the Gulf oil leak is the first thing He thinks about in the morning & the last thing he thinks about at night before going to bed.

Sounds sincere enough right....

Flashback to Shaker Heights, Ohio, the town I call home, July 23, 2009. Obama was in town stumping for HCR.

I know that for the millions of Americans who are looking for work, and all those who are struggling in this economy, full recovery can't come soon enough. I hear from you at town hall meetings like this. I read your letters. These stories are the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about at night - and the focus of my attention every day.

Full speech text.
hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com...

and the official source for those who insist on more
www.whitehouse.gov...

Oh... One more!! 3 repeats is good enough for me. This is from a 9/11/2009 speech on the 9/11 anniversary.

As President, my greatest responsibility is the security of the American people. It is the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning. It's the last thing I think about when I go to sleep at night.

That responsibility is the heart of the policies my administration has put in place.

www.nydailynews.com...

Ok Ok. One more speech. August 17 2009 at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Convention.

As President, my greatest responsibility is the security and safety of the American people. As I've said before, that is the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning, it's the last thing that I think about when I go to sleep at night. And I will not hesitate to use force to protect the American people or our vital interests.

www.whitehouse.gov...

I've had enough for now. I guess 2009 was a busy year for this statement and he probably thought enough time has passed to use it again.

If the Gulf crisis was forever on his mind then why didn't he make contact with this gentleman. Just a quick phone call could have been made en route to Cali or from his golf cart. Just a courtesy a simple courtesy in a time of great disaster.

Chief Deputy Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) relayed a story Thursday morning at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast bolstering House Minority Leader John Boehner's (R-Ohio) charge of negligence on the part of the White House in the Gulf oil spill cleanup.

Asked if this was the president's Hurricane Katrina, McCarthy responded, "It very well could be."

He explained that Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), who represents the district in which the BP explosion occurred, said he tried reaching the president last Thursday to discuss possible solutions.

“He was called back by a staffer on Friday who said that the president was too busy to talk to him. He understood that until I turned on the TV and saw that he was golfing and went out to California to do a fundraiser. He said — six days now and he’s never even spoken to him," McCarthy said.

thehill.com...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Great work on this.

You are one for details.

You should send this, or the info, off to Drudge or some other outlet that will get the word out to the masses-to show even more what an idiot we have in the White House.

It is almost like we are living in one big nightmare.

Anyway, good work. Be ready for the... well you know.
)

Have a great weekend.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I guess when you have a great line that effectively appeals to the masses, you might as well stick with what works.

This guy is a tool.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Just for you jibeho,

This post is the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning. It's the last thing I think about when I go to sleep at night.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Obama made a statement the other day during his annual press conference

"annual press conference"
That is a gem!

Regarding his early morning and late night thinking.....

He is a multi-thinker!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am glad he still sleeps with all that on his mind.
I sure can't.

new topics

top topics

join