It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Hussein Obama - First Ever!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+71 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Barack Hussein Obama will be known as the first ever American President in the history of the modern marvel - the television - to give a press conference without the presence of the American flag.

Just days prior to Memorial Day and he appears before the American public with no American flag. Well back atcha Mr. President.

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 31 in 2010). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service.[1] First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War (it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the Civil War), it was expanded after World War I.

All gave some, Some gave all...

They don't need or desire your honor Sir. It was an honor doing it.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by WWJFKD]

+22 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If ever there were an impeachable offense, this should be it.

This is not only a slap in the face for those that have served this country, but for Americans everywhere.

In retaliation and to make sure our President understands the importance of our flag at all times, I suggest every American adorn their homes, cars, and person with American flags all weekend long. Loads of them.

I believe Obama needs a refresher course in whom he actually is supposed to represent.

+97 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
[sarcasm]No flag , how dare he....more proof he's a islamofascismosocialcommieterrorist lover/sarcasm]

Seriously, this is just silly..... a non issue. It's just a piece of cloth...

Edit: impeachable offense ? LMAO....

[edit on 28-5-2010 by XyZeR]

+34 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
[sarcasm]No flag , how dare he....more proof he's a islamofascismosocialcommieterrorist lover/sarcasm]

Seriously, this is just silly..... a non issue. It's just a piece of cloth...

Edit: impeachable offense ? LMAO....

[edit on 28-5-2010 by XyZeR]

We have rules about "Manners and Decorum" on here and I'm gonna leave it at that.

+15 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am so glad I didn't have to call this jack___ my Commander in Chief!

Second line.

+47 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

+44 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Um, DEBUNKED

I watched the press conference, and on his left lapel is CLEARLY a US flag, so much for NO presence.

Also think this is a HUGE non issue, but nontheless, the flag is there.

Maybe the first president not to have a giant flag, but the flag is there

+10 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Seeing as how we just had a thread about how he is the first president ever to skip the memorial this weekend and in reality he is the 3rd or 4th to do it, can you PROVE this has never been done before?

edit to add:"this" meaning the very very specific charge in the headline - because that is kind of a joke. I bet he is the first president ever to stand in a certain spot at a certain time of day during a certain week under specific weather conditions too.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

+47 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
It's just a piece of cloth...

There are some things that are actually important. The symbol of our country is the American Flag. Every nation in this world has a flag of their own and flying it is the pride of every nation. As it should be.

If there is one position, one person, in this entire world that should understand the meaning of our flag, the importance of our flag, and what it represents -- it is the freaking President.

We are separated by religion. We are divided by our political ideals. We are constantly battling sterotypes and walking a fine line of racial equality. We are estranged by labels of have and have nots. We are faced with the growing challenge of accepting "outsiders", maintaining our culture, while still respecting theirs.

There is but one thing that every American in this country has in common and one symbol that every American can proudly stand behind without fear of offending another that stands beside us -- and that is the American Flag.

It is not a piece of cloth. You should be ashamed for saying so and should apologize to every person that has lost their life defending the right for our flag to fly.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

You misunderstood - I was reminding myself about the rules.

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Wow I am more appalled by the fact it was only honoring UNION soldiers.

So Confederates were not Americans eh?

I personally honor Confederates equally with Unionists. I view them all as Americans.

This is some major Bull right here.

I can't believe they act like Confederates were not Americans. It's horrific.

If that is what Memorial Day is all about, I don't think I can participate any longer.

Unless all fallen Americans are honored, I don't see the point in it.

+2 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that he pushed to replace the presidential seal with his " O " seal.

He truly is the first post American president.

+23 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Dont try and tell them anything. They cant comphrehend why this is a insult.

ATS is populated by liberals...although it seems ATS is swinging right(must burn you libs up huh?).

They wont out right defend the annointed one(they know its unwise to do so...he is becoming very unpopular)but they will try to switch it around and say "i dont know why this is bad".

Either they really DONT know(which is sad and they are really just ignorant) or they are doing this because hey....the 'right-wing nutjobs' are at it again and 'me' being a left wing person i must put them in there place.

+1 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Again, I would remind people that liberals, republicans, independents, libertarians, green partiers and tea partiers, democrats, and everyone in between all have one thing in common:

They salute and fly the same flag.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
reply to post by WWJFKD

Seeing as how we just had a thread about how he is the first president ever to skip the memorial this weekend and in reality he is the 3rd or 4th to do it, can you PROVE this has never been done before?

edit to add:"this" meaning the very very specific charge in the headline - because that is kind of a joke. I bet he is the first president ever to stand in a certain spot at a certain time of day during a certain week under specific weather conditions too.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

Kind of funny about the headline actually - I couldn't fit the whole charge in the headline so had to go shorthand. Figured the body would explain the position.

+1 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I wonder how he went about it
"Uhm...we..ah...don't need to remind the public that this is...uh...the United States...so...uh...lets just get rid of that big flag in the corner...ah..we wouldn't want to offend other countries by not having theirs up as well...ah...Since I am the president of the entire world and all."

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

I can prove he is the first president to do this, I searched for evidence, just not very hard. Therefore, it clearly proves...

I see a flaw in my logic.

+11 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
some of you people have fallen so far from what it is to be a free-thinking individual that it honestly saddens me

"ATS IS FAR LIBERAL"

"ATS IS _____"

"THE MODS FAVOR LIBERALS"

"YOU ARE A LIBERAL"

OBAMA IS A JACK _______

there are equally worthless comments from the "Liberal" spectrum as well, but so far, those aren't in this thread, so it's pointless to point them out.

I mean honestly, you can't tell me that, in 5 minutes, you won't look back at yourself and realize how juvenile and asinine your comments & attitude have been over nothing.

He had a flag. It's been proven. Why can't you say "oops, i made a mistake" and move on? What is it about you personal ego's that says you can NEVER be wrong?

+7 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Once again the right wing in this country will literally make crap up just so they can hate this the President just a little bit more.

Fools...you look like complete and utter fools.

Stop listening to right wing media they are literally rotting your brain.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join