It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard Tells Louisiana Residents Oil Spill is not an Environmental Disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Coast Guard Tells Louisiana Residents Oil Spill is not an Environmental Disaster

www.allgov.com

Two days before the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) announced that the Deepwater Horizon accident had easily eclipsed the Exxon Valdez disaster as the nation’s worst-ever oil spill, U.S. Coast Guard representative Edward Stanton downplayed the seriousness of the matter at a town hall meeting in Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana.

“I don’t consider this an environmental disaster,” Stanton told an audience of concerned fishermen and local residents. “But it is an economic disaster.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.courthousenews.com
www.cnn.com

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I can't believe that a Coast Guard rep would make this statement at a town hall meeting. :shk:

What would qualify as disastrous in his playbook?

Contrast his statement to BP's acknowledgement of the disaster and one doesn't get the feeling that they are on top of this situation..

It is easy to understand the local frustration.

www.allgov.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Probably a desk jockey PR officer who's only ever been offshore on a fishing trip and had his government approved statement to read to the assembled peasants.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What a freaking idiot.

He should be fired. Its because of people like him that things are out of control.

If people knew from the start how bad this was, the government would have stepped in due to the massive and overwhelming outcry from its citizens.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Wow,how odd?
BP supposedly admitted it was an environmental disaster.
www.cnn.com...

You just can't trust anything anymore.(including BP)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
people need to learn that the coast guard has a HISTORY of being the number one corrupt bandwagon go along with TPTB. I made the mistake of joining after my tour as a marine. i never worked with a bigger group of low IQ urkel like do gooders. the coast guard scrapes the bottom of the gene pool for recruits, the slackers and can't hack its flock to there. as it is "easiest" of the military branches. their boot camp is a fraking joke. if you are a female, you can sleep with an officer and get promoted left and right.. i have names, but won't give.. it is like 90210...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
people need to learn that the coast guard has a HISTORY of being the number one corrupt bandwagon go along with TPTB. I made the mistake of joining after my tour as a marine. i never worked with a bigger group of low IQ urkel like do gooders. the coast guard scrapes the bottom of the gene pool for recruits, the slackers and can't hack its flock to there. as it is "easiest" of the military branches. their boot camp is a fraking joke. if you are a female, you can sleep with an officer and get promoted left and right.. i have names, but won't give.. it is like 90210...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Coming from someone who has a degree in environmental sciences (me), I will give my expert opinion: this IS an environmental disaster. One doesn't need a degree to see that, but it seems one needs to be a government official to deny it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I wonder what would constitute as an environmental disaster then in this guys educated opinion...

new topics

top topics

join