It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP gets more from small donors than Dems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well the odds are reversing in favor of the GOP for the senate, it seems that the same small donors that gave the victory to the Democrats and Obama are now reversing to favor GOP candidates now, for the Senate and like with the last elections it was followed by a Democrat in the White house.

So when people find themselves with options we know how the winners will shape up.

I expect a switch of the senate this coming mid term elections to Republicans with perhaps no necessarily a switch on the president if the GOP can not come out with a more charismatic candidate beside the old dinosaurs they have right now and Sarah Palin.

For the first time in a decade, Republican candidates for Congress are raising more than Democrats from small donors.

GOP candidates for the House and Senate this year have raised $70 million from small donors, compared with $44 million brought in by Democratic candidates, according to a Washington Post analysis of campaign finance data.

The trend is another sign that Republicans have turned their political momentum into money.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Then they sure have a short memory, last time I remember Republicans being in charge we had a 700 billion dollar bank bailout.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I know, I was one of those that voted "democrat", but in our nation when faced with choices what else is there, you either vote Democrap or Repulicrat.

and people think they are making a difference.

join