It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Military Activity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ok, so I know there's been a lot of talk recently about increased military activity on American soil. Lots of people have been talking about how they're seeing more and more military aircraft flying around in their neighborhood. Well, today while at work, I looked up bc I heard a helicopter flying.

So first let me say that anytime I hear any type of aircraft, I usually look up. I've always been amazed by flying machines and it's just a normal reflex of mine to look up anytime I hear one around. I've taken a couple of flying lessons (as much as I could afford) and I did my senior project in high school on the life of an Air Force test pilot. My mentor was an F-16 test pilot up at Edwards AFB and he took me around the base and in the hangar and showed me his plane and as much of the cockpit as I could get near without being fired at. It was awesome!
I'll get back to the point as I'm getting off track. The main thing I wanna get across though is that I love flying and all types of aircraft but I'm no enthusiast so please bear with me.

So back to today... when I looked up, I saw a military helicopter. It was a CH-46 Sea Knight (looked it up for the exact name) and was flying pretty low the ground. Maybe it wasn't that exact one but it looked just like this, except grey:
I've seen these helicopters countless times but that's because of the hundreds of times I've driven between San Diego & LA and there are military bases about halfway. Camp Pendleton being one of them and I don't know what the Navy base is called but I know there is one bc Navy is written clearly on the wall/fence around the perimeter of it. Anyway, by the time I got my phone out and waited for the dang camera to load, the copter was out of sight.

The thing is that last week on my way to school, I saw the same helicopter flying above the freeway. Again, about 3 months ago, I saw 3 military helicopters flying in formation above the freeway down in the Anaheim area heading up more towards the inner city. Not inner inner city as Anaheim is in the Orange County area but more towards LA if you guys get what I'm trying to say. That time they were different helicopters though. After searching wiki, this helicopter resembles closely, if not exactly, what I saw that day. Except the ones I saw were all black:

So I've lived in the area all 22 years of my life, and to the best of my knowledge, I don't think I've ever seen any military helicopters flying around our city. Like I said, I'm always looking up into the sky and it's weird that now, when everyone seems to be seeing the same thing above their skies, I'm seeing it above mine. I know that there probably has been some and I just haven't seen them but again, for a person like myself, who is always looking up at the sky and have been this way since I was kid, why all the increased activity? I just wanted to put out my experience as everyone has been talking about it lately.

So my question is, what have you guys seen in your city as of late? If you have seen anything at all. Second question, what do you believe could be going on? Maybe paranoia is creeping up on me but idk, it just seems like it's starting to become a regular thing when I really don't believe or have seen it to be like this in the past.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by conspiracy88]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The Blackhawk, among others, are in Indianapolis right now, at least they were last weekend.

They're here for the Indy 500, and the preliminary events.

I expect to see others, maybe today, but definitely sunday.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If it looks military and you wouldn't normally find it flying around where you are seeing it, it's more than likely nothing.

National guard units train for scenario contingencies all the time, and it is just for that purpose, those "in-the-event-this-happened-contingencies".

This are also known as "Worst Case Scenarios".

It's could mean that there is specific but not definitive intelligence that a "contingency" might happen.

Two principles that come to mind are...

"Train for certainty, educate for uncertainty."

and

"the objective of reconnaissance... to confirm what you already know and find out what you don't..."

The fact that you are aware of this "up-tempo" maneuverer is a good thing.

It means you are one step ahead of an impending "contingency".

Good one for ya!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcell

You should probably know, coming on ATS and repeating the classic "Nothing to see here, move along" line is the best way to make people think that something's up.

As for the OP's question, I live a couple of miles away from the Kansas city, Kansas national guard armory, and within the last couple of months their fenced-in parking lot has gone from three or four old trucks to being full, mostly of Humvee's and trucks, but a week ago a Bradley fighting vehicle appeared there. Also, I've been seeing and hearing (Lots of trees, can't always see) lots of black unmarked helicopters lately, really low to the ground.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Yeah, I should have known better. But I never said "Nothing to see here, move along."

I tried to give a possible answer, thats all.

Well then, I will add this.

It's hard to sift through what intel is credible and what is BS! So sometimes commanders on the ground use hunches, or just assume "it's about time something goes down.... its been a while".

You take your intel when and where you can get it, and in most cases its a crapshoot!

I'd rather carry extra ammo on a recon mission even though its just a recon mission and not need it, then to take too little and find you and your team in a very bad way.

Better safe than sorry.

So I won't go and say its nothing to worry about, you never know what intelligence the pilot of that "low flying unmarked helicopter" is conducting its mission on.

I'm not here to cause any hype, just to share my knowledge, experience, and understandings in what I know. I don't know everything. I don't fly helicopters, I've just ridden in quite of few, especially the "low flying unmarked" kind.

Just calling it like I see it. Everything else is left to personal interpretation.

-blackcell

join