It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8th state says guns beyond feds' control! (the List Grows!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Alaska governor signs Firearms Freedom Act into law

May 28, 2010 12:45 am Eastern

Alaska has become the eighth state to declare that firearms made, sold and owned in the state are beyond the reach of the federal bureaucrats along the Potomac, with Gov. Sean Parnell's signature on the plan today.

"The Alaska Firearms Freedom Act frees Alaskans from overly bureaucratic and restrictive federal firearm regulation, and allows our state to assume the responsibility for regulation," said Rep. Mike Kelly, the lead sponsor on the plan endorsed by lawmakers in the recently closed session of the Alaska Legislature.

"The Interstate Commerce Clause is used by the federal government to regulate firearms that cross state borders. The Alaska Firearms Freedom Act makes it clear that Alaskans will be responsible for firearms that are made in Alaska, for use in Alaska, and have 'Made in Alaska' stamped on them.
The federal government has called the move reason in and of itself for federal courts to strike down the state laws that now have been adopted in Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Idaho, Utah, Tennessee and Arizona.
Source: www.wnd.com...

One has to become worried when the Federal Gov't files lawsuits against your state laws that give you gun rights etc. Meaning they are actively working to deny your right to own a gun for Self-Protection.

The problem is that they, or any gov't, can absolutely ensure they can protect me 24 hours a day- the best one and only one that can do it is the individual, with a weapon, at the time the incident occures.

Hopefully more states will follow suit and the the Feds to back-off!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99769d876dce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Second civil war on the horizon.

States rights vs Federal rights.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Sadly, I agree with you. Regardless if Obama and his Leftist cronies are doing this on purpose to cause additonal unrest and hopefully give them a reason to enforce marital law or whatever, this has to be stop.

Just a few more months before we can strike back effectively and show results. November 2010.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It about time things start making sense. Hopefully this is the tipping point for the states to start re-asserting their sovereign rights and weaken the federal governments control.

After all....

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is great news! I don't know about anyone else, but it really seems to me that this new "state's rights" movement is really starting to gain steam. The Feds are not happy about this. Many states have been watching fearfully as the Feds have reached further and further into their business.. but now, the first baby steps have been taken, causing other states to rally behind one another. IMO, this is the way it's going to have to happen. Individual states showing their muscle and deciding what they feel is best for them as a sovereign entity. Exciting times we live in folks!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
42 more to go... I just hope Ohio is next on this list.

If the feds go after the states that have already passed this measure there will certainly be repercussions.

Good Find!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thank you Jibeho. I wish you could have put: 42 passed, Only 8 to go!!.

What I don't understand, now that states see what the W.H. response is-aren't putting through their own bill. Maybe they are and are in the process but some smart thinking State Party leader would be all over this topic-making it part of the Party's platform ASAP.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire
Second civil war on the horizon.

States rights vs Federal rights.

Yep, I can see it too. With what Arizona did on the illegals, and the States asserting sovereignty, it looks like eventually the States will have enough of Washington's ultimate control policies and will tell Washington to bugger off. Will the Obama administration order troops to quell the rebellion? I highly doubt it. If the States are all together, nothing Washington can do will stop them. And further, this really needs to happen! Fire them all and take our government back from these evil bankers who rip us off at every opportunity! The Central Bank and the Banking Cartel owns us all! I say no more. Recall our Home Guard and quit the Cartel for once and for all. The Three Stooges could do a better job of managing the economy.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Just a few more months before we can strike back effectively and show results. November 2010.

Actually, we don't really have to wait that long. After all, it takes only a small percentage of voters to demand a Special Election & make certain that Recall votes show up on the ballot! This can take effect in as little as a week-&-a- half, approximately. But it does take a few dedicated people to dig up documented evidence of a governemnt officer's wrong-doing in violation of the Constitution & then publicizing it so that people would be willing to push for the Special Election.
Check out the Restore America Plan, Real or Not? (5-part video) & Restore America Plan - Alternatives (7-part video). These videos can explain the concept better than I can here.

But these States are correct in that the Feds have absolutely no authority to interfere with intra-state commerce, no matter what it really consists of. The Interstate Commerce Clause (Article 2, Section 8, clause 3) means precisely what it says (regardless of any such declarations made by the Feds who are not "acting in pursuance of" the Constitution), in reference to commerce that crosses state boundaries.

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

In the context of the original authors & ratifiers of the Constitution, "regulate" means to "make regular," so that trade continues to flow & the states aren't trying to rip off each other...And it specifies "among the states," but excludes "within the states."

Law, in both function & court precidence, has been enforced around a SCOTUS ruling that when the written law is examined, "that which is not specifically included must be expressley excluded." In short, the law is the opposite of those Prego spaghetti sauce commercials...For Prego, they're adverts claim "It's in there," but as far a the law is concerned, "if it's not already in there, you can't put it in there."

Originally posted by djcloudy
Exciting times we live in folks!

Whether this is a blessing or a curse remains to be seen. I look at it as a blessing, but the Chinese would call it a curse. After all, they used to say, "May you live in interesting times."

Originally posted by jibeho
If the feds go after the states that have already passed this measure there will certainly be repercussions.

It's just that, everything that's happening in American society today is going to have repercussions world-wide...we're not the only People to be waking up on a wide-spread basis. I think we can thank the internet going public without being already over-regulated for this. The concept of freedom from tyranny isn't an American monopoly, ya' know. We were merely the first to establish it officially as the Supreme Law of the Land.

Originally posted by autowrench
The Three Stooges could do a better job of managing the economy.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. It would be a lot easier to get 3 stooges to agree on anything than it is to get an agreement from the 1000's of stooges we currently have in offices.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

GREAT response. Thank you for the info and I will check it out.

thanks for your efforts on the reply. Gonna take a little digesting but on it's face-Awesome.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Good For Alaska! 8 down, 42 more to go!!!

Regarding civil war... The last thing the Federal Government wants is massive civil unrest... They cannot win... I realize some believe social unrest is exactly what TPTB want, but I would caution, be careful what you wish for, for you might just get it.

If massive civil unrest comes, regardless of how it starts, I will side with the people even if I disagree with why it started. I love my country, and if the people decide to rebel, rightly or wrongly, I will stand with them and not this government. Our government has completely lost its way. And they know we the people know this. With that, there is no way there are people in the federal government who are that stupid. Sure its fun to talk about, and even sometimes worth dreaming about on both sides... but in the end, those in government will lose their heads, literally... I had a crazy dream about that some time back... The federal government is just testing the waters, if only local outrage then they will push forward... if it becomes national outrage they will back off... it truly is that simple!!! Unless of course people in the federal government truly are that stupid… then sadly, their days in power, and possibly on this earth are numbered… there is no way the people can lose… notice I said the people and not the state… if the people become outraged, its flame on. The military will only side with the government for a short amount of time. it’s the way its always been throughout history… the military only follows the government until the government no longer has power. I could spend a great deal of time talking about this, but instead I think I’ll just stop right here.

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 31-5-2010 by littlebunny]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I must admit this one got by me when it was passed here in TN last year. Hmmm, I wonder where I was?
S&F for the find anon72. Glad to hear we are in good company though.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Agreed- same fight, same issue, different century. I wish that Nevada would get off it's rear, and pass legislation like this! Montana- THANK YOU!! YOU "got the ball rolling", as they say.
It is time, that the Staes collectively tell FEDGOV, "ENOUGH!!" The 9th & 10th Amendments, MEAN SOMETHING!
I believe that we are past the point, where our situation can be solved peacefully. Those in power, will NEVER willingly surrender it. It WILL take another REVOLUTION. Good Luck, to The American Citizen!

new topics

top topics

join