It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Japan To Keep US Military Base In Okinawa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

US, Japan To Keep US Military Base In Okinawa

www.npr.org

TOKYO May 28, 2010, 02:58 am ET
Washington and Tokyo agreed Friday to keep a contentious U.S. Marine base in the southern island of Okinawa, reaffirming the importance of their security alliance amid heightened tensions on the Korean peninsula.

In a joint statement, the two allies agreed to move the Marine Corps Air Station Futenma to Henoko, in a less crowded, northern part of the island. The decision is broadly in line with a 2006 deal forged with the previous, conservative Tokyo government
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It seems the japanese people didn't like the news. There are over 50,000 US troops in Japan and most of them in Okinawa. JapanĀ“s PM's popularity is under 20%!

He had promised realocating the troops from that island during his campaign and sealing this agreement(probably because of korean tensions and the strategic location of the island), he had to break his promises.

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Wow.

I am speechless, almost.

Is this why they sank that SK corvette? Just to "be needed" in the region and keep military bases open there?

Very interesting.

It would be super sad though, if they sunk their own allies ship, blamed the North Koreans; entirely for the purpose of turning the tide against protesters of military bases in the region.

Also with the additional effect of bolstering overall "perceived need" of US military presence else where globally.

I say it is sad because well, we are being manipulated by people who consider us idiot retards not worthy of the truth.

I prefer honesty though. I would rather them not kill those innocent sailors, and instead, just say flat out "no they aren't leaving get over it and go home or we will sink a ship of innocent people to prove our point".

I find that much more satisfying. Also there isn't any dead bodies.

I just have more faith in a honest government willing to threaten me to my face, rather than a lying devious government that will kill my buddies to mislead me into agreeing with them.

Or, the MSM is telling the truth and North Korea and their outdated 50year old weaponry wants to pick a fight with US Stealth fighters and laser weapons. Yeah freaking right.

Hell North Korea even said it wasn't them. The waters are muddy as hell here.

The timing of the base protests and this war mongering is just superb though you have to admit.

Even though NK always threatens war; and Japanese always protest US military bases. Hah. Maybe it's a pattern that is connected?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

amid heightened tensions on the Korean peninsula

You know, I've been wondering if the sinking of that South Korean ship and the blaming it on North Korea isn't a false flag by the US with the intention of putting pressure on Japan to keep US troops there.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Great mind think alike!

new topics

top topics

join