It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human-animal hybrids in life vs. death struggle: Science-fiction fantasy becomes reality in labs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
At least once a year a thread pops up either in this section or in the breaking news section about hybrid creation or cloning of some type. This is absolutely no surprise. I normally link about five threads from over the years of such topics (because face it the search function just is not either being used or it just does not bring up threads properly).

Regardless I can think of many things that have been in the news and on this site since as early as 2004. Let us also not forget the movie the Island of Dr. Moreau which came out in 1977 and again in 1996. I would say they have been doing it since at least the time of the first movies and had it perfected for the most part in 1996. The book though that inspired the movies was written in 1896, I doubt they had the technology at that time. But it goes to show that someone has been thinking about it for at least that long. I would say from the time the book was written someone was trying to make such science work.

Do I think it is right? No. There are so many things that would have to be taken into account that it would just not be viable. They could not be used as lab animals are because they would be partially human. Being partially human they should receive certain rights. How can we just “grow” them for the use of science and not allow humans to be used in such a manner as well. If that is allowed what humans should be used for the experiments and who decides who those people are? Not to mention the health risks involved.

No this type of thing should never be allowed to happen. But it most assuredly is taking place in the darkened labs hidden around the world and being financed by secret government funds as well as the ultra rich. After all those entities for the most part care nothing for those they see as nothing more than cattle.

Raist

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sydney - "Are you talking about hybrid cars?"

Peter - "Yes, yes."

Sydney - "I thought you were talking about hybrid animals!"

Peter - "Hybrid animals?"

Sydney - "Yeah."

Peter - "What the f*ck is a hybrid animal?"

<< 1   >>

join