It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human-animal hybrids in life vs. death struggle: Science-fiction fantasy becomes reality in labs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

In what may seem more like a Hollywood science-fiction plot, as in the forthcoming movie "Splice," lawmakers are trying to prevent scientists from combining human and animal embryos to make "human-animal hybrids."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/328fdf29e384.jpg[/atsimg]
At what price?

While the idea of such an experiment may seem far-fetched, scientists around the world have been dabbling in creation of human-animal hybrids for years.

Today, Ohio's Senate Health, Human Services and Aging Committee passed S.B. 243 – a ban on human-animal hybrids. The bill prohibits "human cloning, the creation, transportation, or receipt of a human-animal hybrid, the transfer of a nonhuman embryo into a human womb, and the transfer of a human embryo into a nonhuman womb."

Mark Harrington, executive director of the Center for Bio-Ethical Reform Midwest and president of the Pro-life Institute, presented expert testimony. "We all want to see treatments for sickness," he said. "We all want to see cures for disease. But the question is at what price?" He added, "I am becoming more and more convinced when it comes to emerging bio technologies like human-animal hybrids that many of these researchers do not believe in any limits on research as long as it has the possibility to produce an economic end that suits their agenda."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2a99ebf55df.jpg[/atsimg]Sarah Polley and Delphine Chaneac in "Splice
Human-animal hybrid experimentation

Scientists have had some success with human-animal hybrid experiments. In 2003, Chinese scientists at the Shanghai Second Medical University fused human cells with rabbit embryos, according to National Geographic News. The embryos were given several days to develop before the scientists destroyed them to harvest stem cells.

According to the report, researchers at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota were able to create pigs with human blood flowing through their bodies in 2004.

"Scientists feel that, the more humanlike the animal, the better research model it makes for testing drugs or possibly growing 'spare parts,' such as livers, to transplant into humans," National Geographic reported. "Watching how human cells mature and interact in a living creature may also lead to the discoveries of new medical treatments."

In 2005, New York scientist Stuart Newman sought a patent on a on a process to combine human embryo cells with cells from the embryo of a monkey, ape or other animal. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rejected his request, according to the Washington Post, because the hybrid "would be too closely related to a human to be patentable." However, the decision was a victory for Newman, who reportedly had no intention of creating the hybrids. He simply sought a legal precedent to stop others from obtaining patents on living things.

A researcher at the University of Nevada at Reno, Esmail Zanjani, successfully grew mostly human livers in sheep. His goal was to make the humanized livers available for transplant in people.

In 2008, British scientists produced human-animal hybrid embryos by inserting human DNA from a skin cell into a hollowed-out cow embryo. "An electric shock then induced the hybrid embryo to grow," London's Guardian reported. "The embryo, 99.9 percent human and 0.1 percent other animal, grew for three days, until it had 32 cells."

Legal or illegal?

The Arizona state Senate passed a bill just last month making it illegal for a person to "intentionally or knowingly creating a human-animal hybrid." Louisiana passed a similar law in 2009. Currently, there is no U.S. law banning human-animal hybrid research.

In 2006, then-President George W. Bush used his State of the Union address to urge Congress to pass legislation prohibiting "egregious abuses of medical research," including "creating human-animal hybrids."

Sens. Sam Brownback, R-Kan., and Mary Landrieu, D-La., introduced S. 1435, the Human-Animal Hybrid Prohibition Act of 2009 in the U.S. Senate last year.

Source: www.wnd.com...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I didn't know all these experiment were going on already. I wonder what is taking place that we don't and won't hear about-until it is too late.

I saw ban it and anyone caught doing it-the death penalty. Simple as that. Human/Life is the one thing we can't and shouldn't compromise our principles on.

Those scientist may think they are doing something great for the Human Race when in fact they may well be creating the things that will wipe it out.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b6bfb14dbf6.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/28/2010 by anon72]

[edit on 5/28/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
So instead of working with pigs that can carry human blood - because that is cruel - we will just keep killing regular pigs and letting people die for lack of blood?

NEWSFLASH - There are other places to get info from aside from WND. Just thought you might want to know that since every single thread you start is sourced there. Try WWN, I am sure you have a bat-boy thread in you yet.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
As our capabilities in these areas grow...one can't help but connect the dots to the otherwise outlandish idea/evidence that (much more advanced) Aliens have manipulated modern man's (and earlier versions of same) DNA for their own purposes, or entertainment.

So, for a moment accepting this has happened, what changes have been made...when...and for what reason(s)?

Closer to home (that is, regarding our own currently relatively primitive efforts) how can we possibly avoid creating hazardous as well as beneficial species? Whether bacterial, viral or "enhanced" human-like variants?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I say do it.

Make hybrids, I wanna see what they look like.

If we can create living healthy creatures from it. why not?
Make lots of different subspecies, of humans and animals.

Breed the ones with the strongests traits, to make super humans.

I know this isn't really the goal of these scientists, but it's gonna happen one day, whether you like it or not. why not start now.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Make me a dinosaur first, I want to see a T-rex or a large sauropod walking around before I die. In other words use animal DNA to make variant animal hybrids. I saw on the discovery channel once that they may be able to use chicken DNA to create a dinosaur.

Just splice gorilla with goat lets see what we get. This way our fragile consciences wont be harmed when F##*ing with peeps. I think this is interesting and would like to see it progress but alas,, we sensitive humans with our double standards.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Notice how, in the Ohio proposed law that you mention, they are conflating human cloning with these hybridization experiments, which I think clearly belong in a different conceptual/legal category.

I think everybody should have the right to clone themselves...why the hell not? You're allowed to make a puppy with whatever random stupid human you run into (opposite sex permitting)...how is leaving the other random human out and making a puppy with yourself intrinsically or obviously likely to be worse (once they unkink the techniques a little better)? It's just reproductive freedom, baby...or reproductive freedom babies...Bound to happen, I do think so.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Excellent point. If they have volunteers then why not or is the federal gov gonna dictate what happens with your DNA? Oh wait they allready do.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

In what may seem more like a Hollywood science-fiction plot, as in the forthcoming movie "Splice," lawmakers are trying to prevent scientists from combining human and animal embryos to make "human-animal hybrids."

I think it sounds gross, and selfish, but it's probably not new. When Ingo Swann claimed an underground facility was closed down due to his remote viewing of the atrocities he saw there I got an image of what the OP of this thread is about. Same with the Varginha creature. I'm sure this splicing has gone on for ages, maybe far longer than we can imagine too.

While I'm here, anyone know what happened with the attempt to splice goat with spiders to make ultra sticky goats milk glue? That was years ago in all the news, but I don't recall any more. Poor damned goats, that's all I can say.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
While I'm here, anyone know what happened with the attempt to splice goat with spiders to make ultra sticky goats milk glue? That was years ago in all the news, but I don't recall any more. Poor damned goats, that's all I can say.

There was some degree of sucess.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So, I was thinking, most people on some level or another are prejudice when it comes to human ethnicity. People still threaten beat and kill other humans for being a different color and or having a different value system.
What more when you throw a manimal into the mix? Are there gonna be lynching parties for folks with tails, or lupine body types?

We can’t even get our head out of our rectums long enough to deal with each other lets not consider placing another creature on the planet to deal with. Chances are the bastards will outsmart us and take us over somehow which considering how effed up we have allowed things to become may not be such a bad idea.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by snowen20]

[edit on 28-5-2010 by snowen20]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Great point: that we can't deal with each other now, let alone trying to deal with new forms etc.

We would end up-most likely, holding them down and poking them with a stick anyway.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I can't believe this is even happening.
There are prophecies that include the words "Hybrids walking among men".
I would look them up and post them, but I'm on my phone.

There is absolutely NO reason to make hybrid animals.
We should learn to make these organs without the use of animal hybrids.

I don't understand why anyone would condone this.

Does anyone here realize there are much more important things to try and engineer then hybrid animals?
Good grief.

Organ transplants or not...this is a bad idea.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I thought they been doing this for the past 15 to 20 years down in the dulce level -9 labs
. Very sad in deed that this is happining now with humanity being the new genetic enhancers, smh. These types of knowledges go against the grain and call forth reason for humanity to non exist in the flesh and to get judged for such actions..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is just sick! However, know what I know about the power that be, I would not in good conscious put anything at all past them. I have actually read about experiments that make this one pale by comparison.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
One obvious problem with making a man-goose (for example) is that you are making it easier for all the goose diseases to make the inter-species jump...you are breaking down the difference between species (which is protective to humans, and in some sense belongs to all humans, one could argue) and making it into a "baby-step" that many more pathogens will easily be able to jump...oh yes...It's easier to catch bird flu if you are half-bird, and then your half-human body is a place where said flu can learn how to to work with human-flavored containers...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"I'll go for the eagle vision, cat balance and jaguar speed option."

"That'll be $4,000,000,000 please sir...."

"Erm....I'll come back another time..."

It's a nice idea to think about but moralists out there are sure to make this a pipe dream or at least very difficult to achieve.

Remain Vigilant.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Why should the betterment of society be hindered by the morals of a few, who believe said acts are "Wrong".

Wrong by what standards?

I dream of a world where nothing stands to impede of scientific headway.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisBenoit

I dream of a world where nothing stands to impede of scientific headway.

Nothing?

Like experimenting on Jews?

Think about it..........

[edit on 28-5-2010 by dusty1]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm not at all convinced that there are not already people out there with animal DNA in them. The government has so many projects that they would never talk openly about, anything is possible. The only complication I can see is cross-contamination. Sure, they might tell private transgenic to keep it in his pants when he's on leave, but who knows if he will, or if there will be birth control involved? Before you know it, all sorts of partial-hybrids are running around, spreading their mildly non-human genes haphazardly. In a couple of hundred years, the Human species might be so different that their ancestors (us) wouldn't recognize them.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Nothing within reason of humanity.

Clearly you knew my meaning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join