Surprising Friends

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
We have technologies that blow the mind, yet judging by these pictures, these animals look more advanced than we do.

Friendship with a totally different species? That is amazing. Great thread.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
[edit on 29-5-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Wow! I`m glad so many people enjoyed the photos. Again, if you want to see more, I have them on my media profile sandri_90

We all get amazed on stories and pictures with animals like this, even if we know a lot about them and their nature, especially if you`re an animal lover.

But I think we sometimes get even more amazed when humans do this! We are capable of love just like that one, a primal and a pure love, because we are all animals, but choosing not to show it that much and that often it is kind of sad thing. We are missing out a lot!

[edit on 29/5/10 by sandri_90]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheScientist

Thanks for that slideshow!!

Now I can show it to my friends more easily.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Found it: izismile.com...

They ate the baby at the end.
And there is the other story about the lioness that adopted a baby oryx. She took him with her and left the pride. Then he was eaten by a male lion but she kept adopting oryx babies.

When a lioness in Kenya adopted an Oryx calf for 16 days, every body thought it was a bad joke that was not to last long. That was before Namunyak, the lioness went ahead and adopted a record six oryx calves in a span of 1 year. Unshaken by her failures in each attempt, Namunyak overcame loss of all her adoptees.

Lioness adoption history

Three years have passed and astonishingly Kamunyak, (the lioness’ Samburu name), had in total adopted six Oryx calves. The sequence of her adoptions are as follows:
• Dec - Jan 2002 1st Adoption: 16 days – calf eaten by male lion;
• Feb 2002 2nd Adoption: 2-3 days – calf rescued by Kenya Wildlife Service(KWS);
• Apr 2002 3rd Adoption: 2 days – calf rescued by mother, lioness injured;
• May 2002 4th Adoption: 24 hrs – calf abandoned, rescued by mother;
• Sept 2002 5th Adoption: 2 days – calf starves to death, and when dead is eaten by the lioness (lions sometimes eat their own cubs when they die).
• Jan 2003 6th Adoption: 24 hours – calf escapes back to its mother, shortly after there were reports of a battle between Kamunyak and other females.

www.buzzle.com...

And here is the story about the female leopard who adopted a baby baboon: www.dailymail.co.uk...

"She had killed the mother primate, but then found this live new-born on the ground. The little baboon called out, and we thought we were going to hear a major crunch and the leopard smacking its lips, but instead the baby baboon put its paws out and walked towards the young leopard.

"Legadema paused for a moment, apparently not knowing what to do. Then she gently picked it up in her mouth, holding it by the scruff of its neck and carrying the infant up a tree to keep it safe."
The film crew kept watch through the night. "Several times, the baby baboon fell out of the tree," says Joubert. "Each time, Legadema raced down to pick her up before the hyenas descended, and carried her back up to safety.
"The baboon clearly thought of Legadema as a surrogate mother. For several hours, they nestled in the tree."

He died because of the cold and because he was too young without his mother.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing, I never even knew such bonds could be formed between animals that are so different, or even traditionally in competition. Life isn't so hostile after all. Thanks for posting sandri, love your avatar too.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread576234/pg4#pid8902049]post by sandri_

Humans are supposed to be intelligent.

Why do humans wage war against their own kind?

When animals can love other animals?

Humans waging war will be the end AMEN!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
Surely Heaven will be this way!

How wonderful to see a preview amongst our beloved creatures.

Truly the Creation declares His glory...plain for all to see.

Thank you for showing us this beautiful collection.

Heaven will not be like this, but the 1000 year Millennium here on earth will be just like this, as the Bible clearly teaches. But of course, these kind of pictures are the exception to the rule, which also proves the Bible correct.

These kind of pictures can never be the norm though, until The Lord Jesus Christ returns, destroys most of the nations (read my signature) and sits down on his throne in Jerusalem as King of kings.

It will be an amazing time in history to witness such events! Will you be ready to meet God when he returns?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I wait patiently for the new day where every living being gets along, no barriers, pure spiritual bondage. We are ONE!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
With all the doom and gloom on here this is refreshing. I found the alligator, turtle very interesting because there reptiles. I didn't think they had the capacity to hold any type of relationship. Alligators simply act on carnal instincts.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There are a lot of neat friendships in nature. I was watching a cool show on Discovery that showed a fish that lived in a hole that it shares with a shrimp and they take care of each other.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I`ve seen that too.

It`s a Gobius (Goby fish). The shrimp alerts him when a predator comes and he offers the shrimp a safe home to stay in.

Edit: found it!

Gobies sometimes form symbiotic relationships with other species.[3] Some goby species live in symbiosis with burrowing shrimps. The shrimp maintains a burrow in the sand in which both the shrimp and the goby fish live. The shrimp has poor eyesight compared to the goby, but if it sees or feels the goby suddenly swim into the burrow, it will follow.

The goby and shrimp keep in contact with each other, the shrimp using its antennae, and the goby flicking the shrimp with its tail when alarmed. These gobies are thus sometimes known as watchmen or prawn gobies. Each party gains from this relationship: the shrimp gets a warning of approaching danger, and the goby gets a safe home and a place to lay its eggs in.

[edit on 29/5/10 by sandri_90]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sandri_90

Awesome collection. Each photo says so much more than a thousand words.

Showing how living creatures behave towards each other, when they have not "learned" whom to accept, love, avoid, reject, or hate based on religion, faith, sexual preferences, language, skin color, definition of freedom, govt control, "seductive" hypocritical, preaching, self promoted and egocentric political charlatans, status and hierarchy

But I think that knowledge and ignorance can lead to both good and bad "references". Sometimes knowledge lead to self-protection, as in wildlife. There, however, by pure instinct.

On the other hand ... If not the human race, or some other "out there", had created the technology, hence computers and internet, it would not be possible to see these wonderful photos of animals that have linked such a life-affirming friendship with each other

The OP deserves a "morning star" and thank you for all the efforts put into this

[edit on 29-5-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I bought a labrador retriever when I was 19 for sixty dollars, about the price of a few college texts. By the time I graduated from college in 1979 I felt the dog had taught me about as much as all the classes combined. The main thing he taught was to drop the male dominated master slave attitude I brought into the relationship.

His name was Argus Orion Ladon and he lived up to his name.

He was an escape artist from the beginning. After I spent way too many hours looking for my lost dog, and about the time he was 9 months old, I vowed to never look for him again in my life. I kept that vow and he lived as a free dog the rest of his life. All the tickets combined amounted to about 140 dollars. (I don't think that could happen in today's America.)

Anyway, he taught me that Equality is Golden
plus:
He broke every bad habit he ever had. (Problems with the mail man, chasing semis, chasing blue pickups, killing, chasing me).
Another lesson: When he was at the height of his intelligence I thought he was at his dumbest. I was pretty dense in the head and later, at the height of my intelligence, I realized how dumb I was/am. He taught such hard lessons to me and others.

I could go on and on...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thank you for your kind words!! Really appreciated!

And the rest of it here animal love
I don`t want to annoy the mods with so many pictures

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
shouldnt this be on BTS?

No conspiracy that i can see here.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Why do people insist upon quoting the christian bible as if it were somehow accepted truth? We can't even rely upon texts written two hundred years ago. Even historians, who you would expect to be impartial, are still humans and rarely without an agenda. The only reason people in the US put any faith in the bible at all is that they've been conditioned from birth by their elders to believe it. This is also known as brainwashing. Funny how there are so many 'racist' whitie christians here, all worshiping ancient brown people. The sooner folks sever their religious cult ties the sooner we can all realize this type of vision, where humans might not be feared and loathed by all other species on Earth.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by toltecnightmare
shouldnt this be on BTS?

No conspiracy that i can see here.

Yes very true... however, common sense should prevail... are these rules made to serve ATS or to serve themselves?

This thread is doing far more good than harm and is a little break in the often bleak world of ATS...

I have nothing against BTS (i'm a frequent visitor) but i know that this thread will touch far more people on ATS.

I say, leave it be!!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Nice collection, are they all real, and not photoshopped.

Animals you will find, are in many ways better than humans. Humans are around 90% murderers and wannabees of there own species, and i doubt any species of animal wants to kill there own species as much.

Nice pics.

Oh, please, I wonder how we got to 6 billion people if 90% of us are murderers.

Most humans are just as loving as these animals are, and some are violent just like animals can be.

Everytime someone posts pics of animals being nice to each other, someone has to whine about how bad we humans are compared to animals, and how we should learn from them.

It's sentimental drivel.

Animals can be vicious and violent, and they can be nice, just like humans.

I can post thousands of pics with a human cuddling a dog, and noone will think anything of it, post a pic of a chihuahua with a porcupine and all of a sudden it's a lesson for mankind.

Nice pics though.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This warms my shriveled tiny Heart.

news.bbc.co.uk...
As this study suggests its more about how the Bee ACTS to keep predators away.. It strikes me that their attitude is their defense from others coming close.. Much like Antisocial humans.

Humanity needs a massive paradigm shift.. Fast.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Gestas]

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join