Surprising Friends

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+64 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I thought I`d make this thread to show the friendship, love, bond between animals.
I apologize if it has been posted before.

Best Friends at Busch Gardens: Bea the giraffe & Wilma the ostrich

I feel sorry for the monkey, with that chain on her neck

Rescued eight years ago during a police drugs raid in Atlanta, Georgia, the three friends were only cubs at the time and barely two months old.
They had been kept as status symbol pets by the drug barons.
Delivered to the Noah's Ark animal rescue centre in Locust Grove, Georgia, the decision was made to keep the youngsters together.

This 9-year-old alligator’s name is Georgia. The name of a 15-year-old turtle is Myrtle. They live in South Carolina and have been good friends for four years now.

The cat, named Muschi, and the bear, named Maeuscchen, in these photos are lifelong friends. While it may be an unlikely friendship, it began eight years ago when the 40-year-old Asian bear and the cat first met and now the cat can’t stand to be apart from her friend. The pair was recently split up temporarily and the distraught cat was soon spotted sitting outside the bear’s cage pining for her friend. Once reunited, they were very happy as they cuddled after greeting each other.

[edit on 28/5/10 by sandri_90]

link   
And some other pictures I found:

link   

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Thank you for this sandri_90!

The lion/tiger/bear menage-a-trois is particularly heartwarming!

I wonder how cross species communication works? How do they sufficiently connect for the relationship to develop? Amazing and beyond the scope of my knowledge and understanding!

[edit on 28/5/2010 by teapot]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Nice collection, are they all real, and not photoshopped.

Animals you will find, are in many ways better than humans. Humans are around 90% murderers and wannabees of there own species, and i doubt any species of animal wants to kill there own species as much.

Nice pics.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I don`t think they`re photoshopped, because I`ve seen lots of animals like in those pictures having surprising friends.
I spent my childhood vacations in rural areas and for example, my great-grandparents had lots of chickens and usually two pigs and the hens were always jumping into the pigs` yard. They used to nap together at noon
or just laying on their backs.
Also the cat was sleeping in the dog house with him, and one goose with the goats.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sandri_90

Of course these things happen, but today you cannot be sure about any photo.

But alot of them are nice, and i do believe animals are far better like i said than any human, which i regard as 90% murderers.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Thank you for this thread OP! It's truly heartwarming and I love it! S & F from me for taking the time to put it together!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

Glad you love it!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Thanks for this sandri_90 I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it really inspirational to see some of the friendships seen there, especially the Cat and the Bear and the Alligator and the Turtle.

These creatures set a shining example of living together in harmony

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Excellent thread Sandri! I particularly liked the turtle with the alligator pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post these for us.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing some amazing pictures.
I really needed a boost this morning!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by itsallmaya]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I'm sorry... I can’t help it... but I love posts like this...

I'm a big softy at heart

Kind of reminds me of a story from my childhood... My great great uncle (Who was in his 80's at the time) lived in a bungalow by the sea. He would often sit in his garden with a newspaper, a cup of tea, and his cat on his lap. Anyway, one day he found an injured, very young, blackbird... he nursed it back to health and would often sit in the garden feeding and nurturing the bird until it was well enough to fly off. His cat would often sit close by and watch (for me that would probably set off alarm bells
)

However, the following summer my uncle was sitting in his garden and noticed a blackbird land on his garden fence... the Bird then flew off the fence and onto my uncle lap where it just calmly stood for a while before flying off again.

This continued for the next few days with the cat just watching. Eventually the cat got fed up of being relegated to the floor and decided to hop up onto my uncle lap next to the bird. The Bird stood its ground and they both just sat there looking at my uncle.

This went on until it got to the point where my uncle would walk into the garden to find the cat and the blackbird both waiting for him together... The blackbird would even groom the cat by running its beak through the cats fur. That cat would respond by purring and rolling over.

For the next few years the blackbird would return in the summer and re-establish his friendship with my uncle and the cat.

Telling this story has brought back wonderful memories... My mother used to have photos of the cat and the Blackbird together and even one of them drinking water out of the same bowl.

If i can find these very old photos i will scan them and post them here

Great thread S+F

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Such a wonderful story!!
I`m looking forward to seeing the photos.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This thread is too cute, I love it.

I would love to see the pictures of the cat and black bird also.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Lovely ... you can't beat a 'feelgood' thread now and again to lift you out of so much gloom that normally seems to distract us.

Thank-you

Woody

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

You`re welcome!

I especially love the one with the chimp and the white tiger! He looks like a father who`s smiling and holding his baby.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
AHHH I didn't want it to stop!

I could look at 10 pages full of pictures like this!! I find it so heart warming that you can see the look of love in so many of the animals eyes!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by kyle43]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

Well, I have many more but those depict the love between the same species!

I have my animal pics folders by categories.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Great collection, I can only add a kitten and a parakeet, since you already put all the rest I knew of

Kitten and parakeet (I don't have the patience to embed them all)

My dog and my cats are GREAT friends. They never showed any sign of aggression towards eachother and they enjoy and actually seek eachother's company!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join