It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick to death of all these so-called ... it's bad for your health ... scares !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

And not eaten that pesticide concentrated fruit

ha,,

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
So is there anything that is actually good for your health that doesn't have any negative side effects? I can't think of any. At fist I thought of exercising but there are all kinds of health risks and injuries involved with that, then I thought about fruit, but unless its organic, and there is still the risk of high sugar fruits and diabetes. Reading can give you eye strain, gee, I give up.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It's all part of their agenda as many of you know.
Fear makes people more controllable.
Fear makes people dependable on others (doctors, politicians, religious icons etc)
Fear makes people focus on the negative.

Solution? Boycott newspapers/magazines and then, throw out your television sets.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

But I need my ATS!!!

Please let me keep my comp regardless of eyestrain, backaches and the chance of siezures...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Of course you can
just make sure you say hello to the Feds once in a while as they're spying on you, that's all

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I stopped using fluoridated toothpaste about a year ago. I brushed with tiny bit of baking soda for about 6 months, my teeth whitened a bit. I have heard that the abrasiveness of baking soda can trip away the enamel of teeth, so I wouldn't recommend it as a long term solution.

I then found a non-fluoridated toothpaste and have been using that, seems to work pretty well.

I've also used baking soda to wash my hair, it works great.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Typically, the media's reports on health science and medical research tend to be misconstrued. This happens because journalists don't understand study design. They simply read the conclusions of study abstracts, twist them to make a catchy headliner and then, sometimes, interview a so-called expert to explain the results.

The research is clear. There is a relatively strong association; however, correlation does not equal causation.

It's important to take these observational, epidemiological studies with a grain of salt. They don't prove cause but are generally used to determine hypotheses. In fact, this article is quite clear in describing the association vs. causation as it pertains to this study:

Researchers examined self-reported oral hygiene habits and coronary disease in 11,869 adults aged 35 and older (with a mean age of 50) from the Scottish Health Survey...

..... the researchers found that those who reported brushing their teeth less than twice a day were more likely to be male, older, smokers and to have other health issues (such as diabetes, hypertension and obesity)...

...the study isn't proof of causation.....

So....we're relying on self-reported surveys and follow ups for raw data.

What do I take from this study? Those who couldn't care less about their health(obese, diabetic hypertensive individuals) probably couldn't care less about brushing their teeth twice a day.

-Dev

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Human bodies are designed to live allot longer than they do but we spent most of our lives poisoning ourselves.

I bet the fluoride conspirasists will go mad for this one.

Remain Vigilant

[edit on 21/05/2010 by bonsaisert]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Your mouth is the gateway to your body! Sorry to say, but a person who does not brush their teeth at least twice a day, is asking for some health problems.

I know a person who was sick, over, and over, and over again, with upper respiratory problems, and who went to her Dr., because she was starting to think that she had allergies. Turns out, her gums were so infected (odd, as she had no pain) that she had to be on antibiotics for many months, and after that, all of her teeth were pulled, so she could get dentures. She finally admitted that she would only brush her teeth once a day.

Believe what you will, I have seen what not brushing does to a person. So, be scared............A LOT!!!!!!

Oh, and make sure you floss a couple of times a day, too!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Its all in the genes I think my wife died may 11 this year of cancer and she didn't drink or smoke worked out ...she was 9 years younger than me...I drink and smoke (lot more now :lol
and look and act younger than most my age.

I really think its whats in the cards your dealt.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
When does the mass media advise that fluoride and Chemtrails, pasteurised milks and cheeses, aluminium-rich pre-packaged foods and wrappings and deodorants, heat-pressed oils and spreads, sugar substitutes, heat-cured tobaccos, etc. etc. .... are 'bad for your health' ?

We know all the above and more -- courtesy of mass production and the past couple of hundred years of 'progress' --- are killing people and making them sick

Yet the media grabs massive revenue for advertising all the above -- and doesn't give a damn that those products are sickening and killing us. And the big corporations would sell us recycled excreta if they could get away with it

Repeat to yourself as you're falling asleep: ' My body is continually repairing and healing itself '. And believe it.

Best wishes to all for a long and healthy life (if that's what you'd like)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Living is bad for your health.

At best, we can hope to be alive for 80 years, +/- 10 years, barring a violent or traumatic end. Thats a very short time in terms of the span of human history, and literally no time at all in terms of the earth's history.

Why limit what you allow yourself to do in life because it may or may not be harmful to your fleeting health?

More people need to accept the fact that we're all just the walking dead already.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
There are approximately two million known species on Earth.

Why are humans the only one that need to brush their teeth?
Why are humans the only one that need to bathe with soap?
Why are humans the only one that need to cook their food?
Why are humans the only one that need to sterilize their water?
Why are humans the only one that need to wear clothes?

It's almost as if we don't belong here. According to all the experts, we should all be dead already.

A combination of greed, social acceptance and comfort have driven us to become these needy beings, in my opinion.

We brush our teeth because we want them white so people can see our beautiful smiles. We consider white to be healthy and beautiful because greed forces the people selling the toothpaste to convince you of this. You must have comfort in knowing people view and accept you as someone who has clean white teeth. Depending on our diet, our teeth would probably rot without proper care anyways. Processed foods help keep the dental industry going. Don't get natural simple carbs, go get processed sugar!

We don't want dirt on our skin, let alone pimples that may form as a result of not washing, etc. Same general idea with soap.

Some jerk human decided to try putting an animal into this crazy thing called fire and found out it tasted good. We've been 'cooking' ever since.

With GMO and processed foods and sugar, our poisoned waters, judgmental peers and our being somewhat hypnotized from birth by our surroundings to be a certain way...this is exactly why we are the only ones who need to do these things you've listed.

We are moving too fast for evolution to keep up. Come on, science; speed up evolution already!!

There are so many things to be taken into consideration including the person's in-depth anatomy all the way to location/environment, mental and physical health, etc. I'd say don't be scared or take these studies too seriously, but most studies could be somewhat true... after all, humans are living longer than ever. Will it last?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I started this thread a few months ago because of a growing trend that I had noticed within the medical research profession indicating that you can't really rely on the results of many of these so-called "research conclusions" that they keep coming up with.
First we're told that somethings bad for us due to research findings; then later on another group of researchers tells us the exact opposite, that it's now good for us !

Now I can add another one to the list !

PEOPLE who sleep more or fewer than seven hours a day, including naps, are increasing their risk for cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death in the US, a study published today shows.

Source: daily telegraph

For years we've been told that a solid 8 hours of sleep is good for us.
Now, according to yet another research project, the latest conclusion is that consistently getting 8 hours of sleep is in fact BAD for us as it could lead to an increase risk of cardiovascular disease. In fact, seems that consistently sleeping less than 7 hours a night also increases the risk of cardiovascular disease.
So. instead of 8 hours sleep a night, which is now declared to be unhealthy for us, seems the magic number is now 7 hours of sleep ... no more ... no less.

There you have it ... until, that is, the next bunch of researchers telling us 7 hours is bad for us and we should go to some other 'magic number' of hours.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Everything gives you cancer

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This thread/thread title can be summed up in a few sentences.

The research is sound; it's the journalists that scare/mislead you. The only way to get YOU to read something is to make it catchy. So, the researchers conclude, "High Cholesterol May Be Linked to Heart Disease.".....and we, the consumers, get this, "Devil Eggs: Why You Should Avoid Them!"

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
[edit on 3-8-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think there is something that we are told will cause us to go blind, but god it feels so good! LOL

A healthy life consists of moderation as well as practical common sense. I know my butt is big, but do I have to read an article on how it can reduce my life expectancy? LOL Besides, I might need a flotation device one day, this ole butt might come in handy, not to mention the cave is so much softer this way.

Ever since I quit all forms of fluoride I have noticed a decrease in body odor and I have zero bad breath. I use baking soda for brushing and I do not use deodorants at all.

Smelling good but I am still going blind

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The integrity of your teeth are definitely tied into general health, especially cardiovascular. The worse off your teeth are, the more bacteria and gunk gets into your bloodstream. Pretty much common sense.

That being said, I brush once a day in the morning unless my teeth feel the need for a second cleaning after dinner. I've had one single cavity as a teenager, and that's it. My dentist has asked if I had braces as a child ( I did not), and remarks that I've got exceptionally straight teeth. So, whatever. I think it's because I don't eat processed foods, drink any HFCS products, and use a single drop of oregano oil as a mouthwash every day after brushing. Oh also, I lick at my teeth after every meal until they are somewhat cleaned of at least all the noticeable chunks. People think I'm weird for this, I think they've got the instincts of a rock.

There's a lot to be concerned about out there. Lot's of things are all messed up in today's world, but there is also definitely something to be said about excessive worrying. Concern is good. Worry, & dread is bad.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I love the one where scientists proclaimed that burnt toast causes cancer, jesus look like everything apart from thinking gives you cancers these days

Well, ingesting raw carbon does tend to give people cancer.

And burnt toast is raw carbon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join