It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick to death of all these so-called ... it's bad for your health ... scares !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Failure to brush your teeth twice a day increases risk of heart disease

Neglecting to brush twice a day could lead to a 70 percent increased risk of cardiovascular disease, according to a new large population-based study.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I normally don't bother posting regarding this sort of topic but I've got to the stage now that enough, surely has to be enough !

Over the years, we've been inundated, almost on a regular basis, with so many of these so-called scientifically "researched and proven" threats to our health and well-being.

Truthfully, I've lost count of the number of things that we take for granted each day that have the potential to damage our health or even kill us ... one that particularly pee'd me off was the "scientifically researched" results that even bbq's were hazardous to our health

And here is yet another "scientifically researched and proven" scare to inflict on us all.

Seems if you don't brush your teeth twice a day, then that's a sure fire way to increase your risk of developing heart disease by up to 70% !!

Give me a break !!

[edit on 28/5/10 by tauristercus] Seem to be having a prob displaying the source, so here it is:
www.scientificamerican.com...]

[edit on 28/5/10 by tauristercus]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Failure to brush your teeth twice a day increases risk of heart disease

Neglecting to brush twice a day could lead to a 70 percent increased risk of cardiovascular disease, according to a new large population-based study.
(visit the link for the full news article)

They just want to make sure you're getting your daily supply of vitamin F. It's all for your own good. They'd never advise you to do anything that might be harmful. Stop asking so many questions.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Argh! Fear, it be a powerful tool, powerful indeed. It be the tool o' choice these days to be for controlling the "unwashed masses." Fear be creating more fear, it be feeding itself till it be all ye be seeing.

Ye swabs must be choosing fer yerselves to be not giving in to it. I, me self, be choosing to be not giving fear the attention it be craving.

I be happy. Argh!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm sick of these scare campaigns as well.I wont even watch the news or read the paper because there is always a story about how your going to die.I seriously hate it.Its enough to make you sick.I hate hearing about how everything is bad for you.It seems the only way to be safe is not do anything or leave the house ,but staying home is probably bad for you to.Now i'm screwed because i don't brush my teeth everyday ,next week we will be told that toothpaste increases your risk of going insane.F--k this i'm going to live in a cave!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Not to upset you anymore than you all ready are, but you should know that being sick to death is really bad for your health.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I tend to agree with ya.
It seems almost everything
in the world is bad for us.

They even said that masturbation
causes blindness.

Now I know why I need those glasses.

Why didn't they tell me that when I was
a teenager.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
i'm going to live in a cave!

living in a cave is bad for your health too.
It causes slipped discs,
pneumonia, cold feet, poor
circulation and can also
turn you into food for the local
wild inhabitants.

I wonder if the bears get the same
FDA warnings we get about humans
being bad for your health ????

hahahaha

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It's the flip flopping what does my head in...all the things that are bad for you are good for you the next week....it's because the media and these think tanks have nothing better to waste our money on

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hey thanks a lot ,now i feel much better .I think i need a smoke ,They're still ok are'nt they? Please say yes.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Why would you be born with something you have to wash? I think its called human superstition. Sure, being clean is nice, but being sparkly clean will kill you. Seriously.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You should take care, stress is bad for your health

I love the one where scientists proclaimed that burnt toast causes cancer, jesus look like everything apart from thinking gives you cancers these days

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I would think that perhaps it says something about people who neglect oral hygiene overall health, not that brushing prevents it, maybe?

Like people who don't brush are more likely to chow down at Mcdonalds 5 times a week or something?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Just makes me think of what the heck must have been happening a 100, or 200 or even 500 years ago before people even gave a crap about brushing teeth or dental hygiene ... what, did we have massive numbers of the population back then dropping dead from heart attacks ??? Somehow I don't think so !

Big
for this latest research, in my opinion. Total waste of time and more importantly ... money.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Hey thanks a lot ,now i feel much better .I think i need a smoke ,
They're still ok are'nt they? Please say yes.

I think they are in CA.
but only if u have less than 1 once
and you have to roll them urself

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

For once I agree with them.
You must brush twice a day to remove all the chemicals they have added to our food supply.
BTW, I brush twice but only use a mild toothpaste maybe twice a week.
Have you seen the chemicals they add to toothpaste??????

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is pure bull, like what op says.

I wonder where they get these useless stories.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
[more

Yeah your right, glasses are so thick now it burns my eyes out when I look at the sun.

Heard masturbation was good for the heart but may cause carpel tunnel syndrome......No win situation.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Loken68]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
There are approximately two million known species on Earth.

Why are humans the only one that need to brush their teeth?
Why are humans the only one that need to bathe with soap?
Why are humans the only one that need to cook their food?
Why are humans the only one that need to sterilize their water?
Why are humans the only one that need to wear clothes?

It's almost as if we don't belong here. According to all the experts, we should all be dead already.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

Well I guess I could say that apart from some Turtles and Trees,
we are the only species that lives beyond 50 years and increasing....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Great point.

Fruit flies live for 14 days. I guess they should have brushed their teeth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join