It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Arizona law against illegals : no automatic citizenship for children born of illegals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
reply to post by black cat

I don't see where there can be a loophole in that.

Anchor babies are born in the state, giving them citizenship of the state as well as the union, and placing them under the jurisdiction thereof.

But what does that mean - "subject to the jurisdiction thereof"? Does that mean they are placed under the jurisdiction thereof or does it mean that those born or naturalized are citizens so long as the jurisdiction in which they are born agrees or is complicit?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by black cat

to be subject to jurisdiction is to be bound by the rule of law under the area to which the law is applied..

for example, I am subject to Federal Code of the United States, as I am a citizen of this nation by birth. Under that, I am subject, or bound by the rule of law to obey the laws of the state in which I reside, or in which I travel.. as I am afforded equal protection of the law only when I am bound equally by the same. So in my case, I am a citizen of the state of Georgia, I am legally required as a citizen protected by it's laws to be bound equally by them. On down through county and municipality, the same.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its about time.

Take away the incentives to come here & let them throw off the chains of their oppressors in their own F'n countries. Its not just Mexicans its Guatemalans & another dozen countries.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That is by no means for Arizona to decide. And they would be doing what MANY MANY people complain of; Abusing legislation powers to deny something granted by the constitution.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Its about time.

Take away the incentives to come here & let them throw off the chains of their oppressors in their own F'n countries. Its not just Mexicans its Guatemalans & another dozen countries.

Yeah, # the 14th amendment!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
all you mexican bashers should boycott tacos and mexican food, might as well boycott 9 out of 10 businesses and boycott fruits and vegetables too! lol there is not one part of your lives unaffected by illegals! what would happen if you deported all the illegals tommorow? lol you people would starve! that or the teens of america would be forced to give up their call of duty games and take up a call of duty in the fields lol i wonder how longthat would last?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
How is keeping the foriegn hoarde at bay bigotry?

can I just hate this?

Am I allowed to be outraged by how racist this wording is?

also I'm so tired of people playing the reverse race card (telling someone that they're using the race card in an attempt to make their whole argument seem racially charged/non-credible). it's dumb tactic and I see it so much, even before people say anything about something being racist!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Its about time.

That has to be the most ignorant statement that I have ever read on ATS.

Really? So you agree with slavery.. or you just don't care about State and Federal failure to recognize your rights that are above their privilege?

Good for you. I think I will use that quote as my an argument for depopulating the planet..

EDIT: is to as..

[edit on 28-5-2010 by broahes]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Arizona is losing my respect more and more as the days go on. This is what you get when you put bigots in power.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Its about time.

That has to be the most ignorant statement that I have ever read on ATS.

Really? So you agree with slavery.. or you just don't care about State and Federal failure to recognize your rights that are above their privilege?

Good for you. I think I will use that quote as my an argument for depopulating the planet..

EDIT: is to as..

[edit on 28-5-2010 by broahes]

Sarcasm, dude. Sarcasm.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No AZ is doing this to show the holes in the system. Notice how since that first bill passed and the drama unfolded the American people are really discussing immigration. This new bill is going to put anchor babies in the spotlight and force the federal gov't to say something. Betcha that other states start some similar bills.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Forgive me, I haven't slept in a while.

After re-reading it, I realized that had to be what you were doing.

You never can tell what kind of comments will come out of the immigration debate though.

I apologize..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Very wise law.
I dont know if it is unconstitutional or not, but it is certainly a step in the right direction. To grant citizenship only because someone was born in your country is weird, and people will misuse it.

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
all you mexican bashers should boycott tacos and mexican food, might as well boycott 9 out of 10 businesses and boycott fruits and vegetables too! lol there is not one part of your lives unaffected by illegals! what would happen if you deported all the illegals tommorow? lol you people would starve! that or the teens of america would be forced to give up their call of duty games and take up a call of duty in the fields lol i wonder how longthat would last?

Yeah, because with 10 % unemployment, America really needs those illegals.
Legal americans are struggling to pay the bills and retain their work in current economic times, and illegals are only making the situation even worse.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Talk about an excellent move! Considering how many states have already backed Arizona's previous legislation, I believe this may go a long way. Even if it is just political babbling. The fact that it has been proposed may raise questions and put ideas in the rest of the States. Way to go Arizona!

reply to post by piddles

Seriously? You are going to call him racist because of the "foreign Hoarde" remark? Look at the country, that is exactly what it is. They have overwhelmed our local governments. They have run our neighborhoods down. And taken the jobs that LEGAL citizens should have. A hoarde is exactly what they are. They have destroyed us.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Quit talking about the constitutionality of this!

Founding Fathers made the Constitution an evolving document for a reason!

When your goal is to create a nation from sea to shining sea, you need people to immigrate here to get it done!

We have completed that task long ago, we need to evolve the procsess...

Instead of an outright ban on Anchor Baby's. We need to disincentives parasitic immigration. Welfare queens that plop their baby's out here for the sole purpose of collecting entitlements is the real issue here.

I propose first passing a 7 year moratorium on collecting entitlements rather than an outright ban on instant citizenship!

You couldn't just come here with no plan and get by. You might first have to learn English, secure employment, find a place to live...

Who knows...Once these New Americans get out and experience the fruits of their own hard work they will realize that it is a better way to go than a lifetime on the welfare rolls!

If all you pro immigration types cared at all for these people you so vehemently defend you would agree with me!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles

reply to post by piddles

Seriously? You are going to call him racist because of the "foreign Hoarde" remark? Look at the country, that is exactly what it is. They have overwhelmed our local governments. They have run our neighborhoods down. And taken the jobs that LEGAL citizens should have. A hoarde is exactly what they are. They have destroyed us.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Mr. Toodles]

I am apart this "hoarde" and maybe I don't like hearing people, friends, family, being implied as monsters. Maybe i'm tired of white people being afraid of not being the majority, who knows.

glad to know I've "run your neighborhoods down". what else have I done because I'm mexican and the son of an illegal?

tell me, whose fault is it that illegals take american jobs, the employee or the employer?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Arizona cannot tell the federal goverment to change its laws. What a stupid idea. Nobody comes to the US to have Arizona babies, they come to have US babies.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I can solve this whole issue, using the precedent established by the US and Arizona historically.

I will find someone in Texas, New Mexico, or old Mexico, doesn't really matter, and purchase Arizona from them for a six-pack, some cash and a new dress. Then, as the new owner of Arizona, I'll kick out everybody who doesn't agree to the new management.

Worked for the US.

Seriously, don't any of you realize that once you allow some folks to redefine who gets to be a citizen and enjoy the protection of the state, that list will inevitably grow shorter and shorter? It is a device to concentrate power and provide unprotected victims.

Never mind, you aren't listening.

HEY, YOU!

I got a great deal for you: free beer, money, and clothes...just sign here.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

send the illegals home, and there will be plenty of work in the fields!!! give all you unemployed their jobs i bet you 90% of you wouldnt last a day! its a silly arguement on my half really, but its true. you say you dont want those jobs, you would have the better paying jobs, the construction and trade jobs, maybe you should go after the corporations and reagan and his trickle down economics. the idea being tax cuts to big business and corporations will in turn create new jobs for americans blah blah blah looks like some of these corporations are taking the tax cuts and hiring illegals trickle down economy my ### if you want to change the illegal immigration issue, lets start from the top and trickle our way down lol!!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
How long have these babies been known as Americans?

How long has Arizona been a state?

For all you who support this measure, the least you could do is show evidence that an overwhelming majority of these babies grow up being disloyal to the US and don't respect this country.

You talk about how much money they cost us while completely ignoring the fact that these babies are Americans. I have yet to see evidence that these babies are damaging our country except for the money aspect.

Here is an anchor baby as you like to call them.

New York Times reports that Henry Cejudo, the son of unauthorized migrants, has just won the gold for the U.S. For most nativists, however, Henry Cejudo is not a U.S. citizen. He is an "anchor baby".

The term "anchor baby" riddles the site of supposedly "pro-legal, anti-illegal migrant" websites. An "anchor baby" is the child of unauthorized migrants who has been given U.S. citizenship by birth.

"This is the American dream," said a joyful Cejudo, still wrapped in the U.S. flag. "The United States is the greatest country in the world."

www.citizenorange.com...

I can't help but wonder how many more of these babies have grown up to serve this country and make this country a better place to live.

Furthermore, this is a federal issue. We pledge our allegiance to the United States of America, not the United States of Arizona.

If you want the law changed lobby Congress.

“I served in the Iraq War with many so-called ‘anchor babies.’ They are among Americans who died for the United States,” said Ruben Gallego, a Hispanic military veteran who is running as a Democrat candidate for the state legislature. “Stupid laws like these make Arizona look like another backward state.”

blogs.reuters.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join