It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Arizona law against illegals : no automatic citizenship for children born of illegals

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
you guys can talk all the smack you want, it doesent matter you can send all the illegal immigrants and anchor babies home tomorrow, people of hispanic descent will still be here and will outbreed white america. soon enough the tables will be turned and white people will be the minority. white people have had a great run at it and dominated the usa for a long time now, what will the next 100 years look like?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Wow .. dude .. you so totally don't get it. It has nothing to do with skin color or genetic heritage, it has everything to do with BEHAVIOR. Ever heard the saying "when in Rome, do as the Romans do"?

Learn the language of the country you wish to live in and follow its rules and codes of conduct, and me ( a "white") won't care if your skin is brown or purple or whether you descended from underground snake people, European royalty, or the conquistadors. Some of my ancestors were Nazis and there's people who still hold me accountable for that, so I'd be the last one to discriminate based on ancestry. Sheesh.

People who don't want to take responsibility for their own behavior and actions blame skin color, ancestry, culture, gender, and anything else they can come up with on why people don't like them or treat them differently. The truth that needs to be faced up to is that it's about how people ACT and what they DO, and not where they came from or what color they are. Now if you're too damn lazy or stubborn or arrogant to modify your behavior, that's not my problem .. it's yours.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

i do not agree that illegals are not trying to assimilate or read and write english. i do however see a huge number of fresh off the boat illegals who are just learning the ropes so to speak. give it some time, future generations will be fluent in the language and culure. in fact most of mexico is pretty western in culture already they are immersed in our movies and music and style. so you were saying when in rome? i am familiar with the saying, the thing is the majority of the world has our culure shoved down their throat already lol. we need to learn to accept eachothers similarities and differences if we want to live together peacefully and that was the point i was hoping to make with the sarcastic post you replied to.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"When in Rome" cracks me up.

I'm from Southern California - - once large Rancheros stolen by crooked land developers.

Many if not most street names are Spanish.

Its almost comical to see whites panicking as they become the minority.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My personal Opinion

The when in Rome thing cracks you up?

The land for those "Large Rancheros" were stolen from Native Americans don't forget.

Not to mention the forced convertions, forced labor, phsical coersion that was commanded by the Padre's of that period.

The Natives were forced to work at plantation like labor camps, many Natives were forced to abandon their terrirtories and live in filthy squalor in the camps.

despite being granted citzenship by Mexico in 1824 that still didn't stop the Padres from treating Natives as Slaves.

How funny is that?

Thats my personal opinion

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
why has it taken so long for one of the states to try this? this has been a real problem since the early 80's. congrats to arizona for having the mettle to get some action done on a issue that has been hurting American citizens for a long time. the majority of the country applauds your actions and is behind you 100%. keep up the good fight.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by broahes
When did we get rid of section 1 of the 14th amendment?

Thing is...the 14th amendment was never ratified by Arizona... so there ya go.

But still it probably won't fly since this is a federal matter...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

Apparently AZ saw the writing on the wall years ago.

Someone that knows should splain just how having a child in this country, if your a non citizen, effects all envolved.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spmc215

yes alot of americans are descendants of immigrants. but i do believe they entered in a different way and had to jump through many hoops and show proof of a job for a few years before being granted citizenship. most of these immigrants you speak of came through ellis island and they came in legally and busted their tails off to get citizenship.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

conspiracy nut;
you guys can talk all the smack you want, it doesent matter you can send all the illegal immigrants and anchor babies home tomorrow, people of hispanic descent will still be here and will outbreed white america. soon enough the tables will be turned and white people will be the minority. white people have had a great run at it and dominated the usa for a long time now, what will the next 100 years look like?

However, the Bear Stearns investment firm and others have concluded that the actual number of illegal aliens in the United States could be as high as 20 million. When using the higher estimate of 20 million illegal immigrants and FAIR’s 33 births per 1,000, this would roughly double FAIR’s estimate to approximately 574,000 to 726,000 anchor babies born in the U.S. each year.

But if the illegal population is 40 million as some claim it to be,there could be 1.5 million Anchor Babies born each year in the USA.

The Arizona law if passed would be meaningless. Either the constitution grants anchor babies citizenship or not. It doesnt. The constitution cannot be changed except by amendment.

Nothing is going to change.

The NWO is still in control the last time I checked.

Why is the phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" ignored? www.freerepublic.com... In the US Supreme Court case Elk v. Wilkins, 112 U.S. 94 (1884), the Court stated regarding the phrase, "subject to the jurisdiction", “The evident meaning of these last words is, not merely subject in some respect or degree to the jurisdiction of the United States, but completely subject to their political jurisdiction, and owing them direct and immediate allegiance."

In the Slaughterhouse Cases, 83 U.S. 36 (1873), the Court stated, "The phrase, "subject to its jurisdiction" was intended to exclude from its operation children of ministers, consuls, and citizens or subjects of foreign States born within the United States."
Thus if the illegal population is 40 million there could be 1.5 million Anchor Babies born each year in the USA.Thus if the illegal population is 40 million there could be 1.5 million Anchor Babies born each year in the USA.

How come I dont have any stars? I use a lot of colors!

[edit on 12-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Miishgoos

the difference is the spanish bred with the native population of mexico, unlike in america where they were killed off en masse and sent to reservations. you can see native american life alive and well in mexico along with mestizos.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Certainly a step in the right direction, and hopefully more states will follow suit. Now, if we can just get states to regain sovereignty on some of the other matters which the FEDS are unjustifiably attempting to interfere with, such as second amendment rights, carbon taxes, repealing the Patriot Act or rendering it's powers annulled via state legislation, et al., as well as regaining national control over our own currency and castrating the Federal Reserve and eventually abolishing it, we'll be well on our way to reestablishing our Republic and reclaiming it for WE THE PEOPLE rather than corporate interests. (Likely wishful thinking, short of full-scale revolt. But hey, it never hurts to hope, although it's starting to run thin).

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i live in the united states my whole life and now i want to immagrate to japan. i don't plan on learning the language or working and all other americuns that are doing the same thing are demanding welfare money from japan like me. is this happening? no! and for a good reason. you people have all of south america to go play in why don't you go there?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This is against the CONSTITUTION !!!

"Constitution loving Americans." my arse

Karma is a B**** , be careful Americans.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by WXBackdoor]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Grumble

I fail to see how this makes one a bigot.....perhaps you could enlighten me. How is keeping the foriegn hoarde at bay bigotry?

You answered your own question.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by The Sword]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Grumble

I fail to see how this makes one a bigot.....perhaps you could enlighten me. How is keeping the foriegn hoarde at bay bigotry?

You answered your own question.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by The Sword]

But illegals are exactly that. They come hidden like thieves and use your countrys hard-earned resources without much contributing themselves. A foreign hoarde is a fitting description, and if that makes me a bigot, then I am one.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Mexicans celebrate Native culture? yeah right

wikipedia article en.wikipedia.org...

read the mexico portion about how racist Mexicans are to Native peoples.

I also recall the spanish were far worse than other European nations in exterminating the Natives of North and South America.

www.encyclopedia.com...

Christopher Columbus shipped Native Americans as slaves, and were forced to pay a tax to stay alive.

www.unhcr.org...

Modern day treatment of Native's in Mexico.

articles.latimes.com...

Mexicans ignore Natives and insult them.

I fear that with greater immigration from mexico there will be greater racism against Native Americans as it's the norm in Mexico.

Europeans from other places have also been brutal to Natives also but in the modern era unlike Mexico and even Canada Native tribes are viewed as Soverign.

Former president bush on the subject

www.youtube.com...

But this is all my opinion and I could be wrong!!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
But illegals are exactly that. They come hidden like thieves and use your countrys hard-earned resources without much contributing themselves. A foreign hoarde is a fitting description, and if that makes me a bigot, then I am one.

Judging people as a group instead of on a case by case basis makes you a bigot...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Apparently, based on their recent attempts to control illegal immigration, Arizona thinks that it is their responsibility to rewrite the U.S. Constitution.

If the state of Arizona wants to spend their vast surplus of state funds to litigate never ending lawsuits, then I guess it's their choice. Although, I have to say that it looks pretty weak when they start asking for public donations to help fund their legal battles.

Glad I don't live in Arizona!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
C'mon people - seriously? I'm willing to bet you that Arizona's lawyers know this is in the 14th amendment and know the legal challenge wouldn't stand up in court. This is about forcing the government's hand at either addressing the illegal immigration issue which they haven't done for decades or it may be about forcing the current administration to take a stand on illegal immigration so they are exposed and voters know whom they can and cannot trust on the issue.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join