It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's new 'best friend'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

In the years since, as Israel has found itself increasingly isolated on the world stage, successive Canadian governments have moved against the trend and deepened ties with Israel - something that Netanyahu is keen to protect.

While key Canadian diplomatic support for Israel dates back to the creation of the state, relations have never been stronger.

In early 2006, immediately following the election of Hamas, Canada was the first country in the world to boycott the new government, ahead even of Israel.

As Stephen Harper, the Canadian prime minister, was en route to the G8 summit in St Petersburg, Russia - during the first week of a war that saw some 1,400 Lebanese killed, the majority of them civilians - he made an impromptu three minute speech to the reporters on his plane, expressing unequivocal support for Israel's bombing of Lebanon.

As the death toll mounted in the days and weeks that followed, Harper did not budge from his position. In fact, he used the G8 summit and the subsequent gathering of the Francophonie to actively block ceasefire resolutions that were increasingly supported, even by the US.

That summer, Harper made headlines in the Middle East when he called Hezbollah and Hamas "genocidal" and MacKay characterised Hezbollah as a "cancer”.

I actually perceived Canada in a whole different light, this article again proved that everyone can be fouled.

I have been fouled, I admit that.

I'm not ashamed, I'm proud that I'm one step closer to the light.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yeah and at the same time there's pro-Hezbollah protests in parts of Canada.

The only ones supporting Israel in Canada are the federal government. No one else loves them. Only Harper and his ilk.

Canadians don't support war crimes, that's why they don't support Israel.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

OTTAWA, Jan. 3 (Xinhua) -- Thousands of Palestinian supporters took to the streets of Canadian cities Saturday to protest Israel's attack on Gaza and to urge the Canadian government to speak up against the increasing violence in the region.

In Toronto, about 2,000 people gathered in the city's downtown center and marched on the Israeli and the U.S. consulates.

Thanks for the info.

news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
'Friend' to Israel translates into goyim we can fleece and leech off! They are never friends for friends sake. That's completely non profitable!

IRM

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Good they can have each other, the sooner the US cuts ties with them crooks the better.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
Good they can have each other, the sooner the US cuts ties with them crooks the better.

I guess there is a correlation between this and the 1 billion dollar security package for g8 summit in Canada.

They know if they are allies with aggressors, they need to spend people's money to protect themselves.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
They're politicians, they lie through their teeth all the time. Our current conservative government 's main platform in the last election was "Transperancy and Accountability." I haven't seen either of those from them one bit.
Not all Canadians are friends of the former Nation of Palestine. I for one think the world would be a much more stable and better place if "Isreal" were whiped off the face of the planet. and no I'm not anti-semetic; I'm anti-arrogant *snip"!

please don't circumvent the automatic censors

Thanks

[edit on 28-5-2010 by gallopinghordes]

top topics

join