It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking About Giving Up Cigarettes? Doc Velocity Just Had a Stroke...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Doc, thank you personally for this post. I am a 2 pack a day smoker, and have been for several years. I started smoking when I was 13, I am now 29. I have thought about quitting several times. Health issues scare me the most. I probably would have done this eventually anyway, but your story was the deciding factor for it to be now. I think all the details is what really did it. Thank you, sincerely. To all you other smokers out there; you realize how much you are paying them to kill you slowly? Don't we pay them enough?? I have 4 cigarettes left in my pack, and I hereby vow, they will be my last. Thanks for the inspiration, Doc. I wish you good health, and good luck with the smoking bit... I know this is gonna suck! Agh... Now, who's with me????

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
-----
For anyone who did quit smoking after reading the OP, please don't use any excuses to start smoking again.

Good luck

-----
Mission accomplished ATS'ers!

When it's time to quit, it's time to quit

Well sort of.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Doc,

I would like to thank you for your post. I think it's going to set me in motion to quit smoking and drinking, finally.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Doc Velocity.....

Upon thinking about this & other things written by you.....

Did you really have a stroke?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I am still off the cigarettes. I really wonder now if Doc ever quit.

I was looking at the comments on his profile, he addresses the church issue, but nothing about the Secret Govt Agent/LEO status!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Doc Velocity.....

Upon thinking about this & other things written by you.....

Did you really have a stroke?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Take my word as someone who knows......I think it was just a TIA. A true NDE tends to instill gratitude. All I see the the same old hostility, not like someone thankful for a 2nd chance. I know I am.

Just my .02¢

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Cigarettes are a powerful addiction, more insidious than drinking I think, it'll never let you go if you allow it to happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

S&F DOC

Thanks for sharing this Doc , i stopped smoking ciggs around june 14 i think and started smoking an ecig , btw i too had a similar experience such as slurred speech and fell to both knee's and was kind of amazed when that happened it was if i had no control , but being me as usual i did nothing , sat in recliner and closed my eyes a bit , now i know what it possibly was !
Thanks again for sharing your experience my friend and hope all will continue to be well with you .

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
[edit on 3-8-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I invested in some e-cigarettes and haven't had a real cigarette in two weeks. It's cleaner, better tasting and just as satisfying.

If you don't think you can quit, just try the e-cigs (vapour cigarettes).

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Doc,

I'll be honest, I didn't read past the first page. I've been trying to quit for some time now, but always found an excuse not to. I'm sorry you had to endure this, but thank you for posting. This thread may well have saved my life.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing your experience Doc. I came into this forum section looking for a post about quitting smoking, maybe a suggestion that I could utilize to help quit like switching a bad habit for some good habit to satisfy that oral fixation...your story was all I needed. Thank you and I hope your health has improved.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The signing of the new Tobacco Safety Act of 2009 by the IMF- CEO Barry Soetoro gives most Tobacco Corporations and their affiliated "parent" companys complete immunity from any resulting public sickness or illness as a result of any "modifications" to their product. Also, they are not required by law to notify the public of any related illness nor is any research required by the "government" pertaining to any illness claims by the public ( under Sec. 909 Records and Reports, articles (A) 3-6) and Sec 911 "Modified Risk Tobacco Products") More than 27,000 smokers worldwide have signed a petition since the implementation of world-wide FSC or "Fire Safety Compliance" laws claiming a strong metallic taste, headaches, sores in their mouth, nausea and diarrhea. It has of course, fallen on deaf ears and has been completely ignored by our World Bank and IMF "government" and of course, corporations within the Tobacco Industry. But this...is just the tip of the iceburg.

In 2000, Phillip Morris began using what they called "fire safe technology" in their Merit brand of cigarettes. Once again, this was done without any public notice whatsoever, just like the current FSC laws. They were sued by The Department of Justice in 2004 which forced them to change to the newer "government" standard of FSC cigarettes soon to be implemented for the first time in New York in 2005. Phillip Morris' version obviously did not contain all of the unnecessary toxic metallic nanoparticulates. It's interesting to note that the state with the highest amount of population within the US at the time, was the first to implement these newly formed FSC standards. Ironically, FSC cigarettes are called Reduced Ignition Propensity (or RIP) cigarettes by the Tobacco Industry.
In US Patent 7,640,936 filed September of 2005, Phillip Morris scientists explain in depth, the introduction of metal oxide nano-particulates to their products. The same type US patent was recently granted to RJ Reynolds in 2010 (#20100122708). Note that these patents were granted AFTER US-CEO Barry Soetoro signed the Tobacco Safety Act of 2009, supposedly giving the FDA and the US "government" control over tobacco additives.
The nanoparticles are incorporated into tobacco filler material cigarette paper and/or filter material, according to Muslim inventors Sharyar Rabiei, Firooz Rasouli and Mohammed Hajaligol. The metal oxide particulates consist of a combination of copper oxide, cerium oxide, titanium oxide, iron oxide and Yttrium, a radioactive rare-earth element... less than one micron in diameter, meaning they easily pass through the filter and are inhaled. This combination can then be applied to the cigarette paper or filler using an adhesive such as VINYL ACETATE, forming bands along the length of the cigarette. This toxic metallic mix, supposedly cuts down on carbon monoxide emissions from cigarette smoke, but in my opinion, there's a far more sinister agenda. Smokers are now inhaling a mixture of toxic metallic nano-particulates which explains the metallic taste and sicknesses expressed by so many smokers to date. Nanoparticulates are more deeply ingested on a cellular level, meaning once they're in the cell, they cannot be removed by conventional detoxifying methods and the above mentioned are known to break cells DNA strands and cause mutations. The result will be a myriad of new, aggressive forms of cancer which do not respond at all to conventional chemotherapy "treatment". This, in combination with IMF/Soetoro proposed budget cuts to water treatment facilities and newly relaxed EPA standards on agricultural toxic waste disposal and the numerous "profit poisons" in our food will lead to a rapid decline in human population and health. The "official" FSC website conveniently refuses to mention these toxic metallic nanoparticulates. The question is...why are these now being added under the disguise of FDA tobacco regulation via "The Tobacco Safety Act of 2009? Please research the above patent numbers for yourself.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Doc, I'm glad your back and My prayers are with you.
May you have a speedy recovery.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join