It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constitution is not freedom...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The constitution is not freedom.

Source:
Law Library

CONSTITUTION
The fundamental law of the state, containing the principles upon which the government is founded and regulating the divisions of the sovereign powers, directing to what persons each of these powers is to be confided and the manner it is to be exercised. E.g., the Constitution of the United States.

The words constitution and government are sometimes employed to express the same idea; the manner in which sovereignty is exercised in each state. Constitution is also the name of the instrument containing the fundamental laws of the state.

By constitution, the common law writers mean some particular law; such as the constitutions of the emperors contained in the Code.

Contracts. The constitution of a contract is the making of the contract. E.g., the written constitution of a debt.

The constitution is the fundamental law of the state. ANY law represents a limit of freedom, any governing body represents a loss of freedom no matter how small or subtle or for what reason. So if we need a constitution to limit the government, then we are never free, there is still a government or group of people who want to control. The idea behind the constitution itself no matter the definition or source of definition is a loss of freedom. When we as a society progress past the need for governing, law and definition of law, then we will be free.

The constitution is a tool of division! Only when we care enough about each other will we be able to remain whole as a society on this planet and function within it peacefully and with love.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You know, this is actually true!
and your whole premise about us caring about each other as a people is the true way to freedom is also correct!
Good job seeing the light

Now all we need is 5 billion more people to be in agreement and we can just laugh at evil and walk away happy

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Thank you for the support.

Now all we need is 5 billion more people to be in agreement and we can just laugh at evil and walk away happy

It is my belief that the time will come when there will be a reckoning within our species and this type of thought process will become the norm and accepted and practiced. I don't think 5 billion people will be there to experience this though.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

You are right of course...
The path to heaven is very very narrow

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I think I get what you are saying. Anarchy rocks! No rules set by anyone and people are allowed to do as they please and we all hope that all will be well for all of us?

eh, I see it working in my little community, because we are all of the same mindset. Help each other and ignore those that do what they want, as long as they don't harm me.

No actual "laws", for us, but some peer pressure, and you hope for honesty and acceptance for some ideas that others don't agree with, but don't really don't concern anyone else or harms them.

I like it.
But as more people become involved, eventually, some people want some sort of control.

Whether it is that no one should shoot someone for disagreeing with them, eventually, it can become a situation where everyone says you must keep your lawn free of dandelions.

Speaking about that, no dandelions this year. WTF? My neighbors got their wish. lol

Am I going off on a rant? lol

I have lived in neighborhoods where there was no law concerning dandelions growing in somebody's yard. Yet, people hire gardeners to poison dandelions. But some clown, lol, doesn't give a crap about dandelions, and so his yard goes unpoisened. Oh, the uproar from the other neighbors! lol. Like anyone can stop dandelions from propogating.
Suddenly, this one neighbor is horrible. lol. And is ignored, and, yes, has terrible gossip spread about him.

Is that not like a "constitution"? Yes it is. Eventually, due to the hatred over silly crap, the guy moves. Maybe the next homeowner will follow the constitution.

top topics

join