It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My sister just IM'ed me and told me she thinks she saw a flame in the sky. I just read an ATS thread about raining oil around Orland and she lives in Kissimmee, FL. Could lightning have caused a flame in the sky when mixing with the oil?

And if so is there any sources that can confirm this? I believe my sister is telling the truth but she said she thinks she saw a flame in the sky and I don't want to panick for no reason.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Raining oil, now lightning igniting oil in the atmosphere? This disaster just keeps getting worse by a whole greater order of magnitude every day. Please, keep us updated, Misoir.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Today, what looked like a jet fighter airplane, flew over a cornfield next to my house and let something go while it was over the corn-field. I know it wasn't the smoke from the engine because it was just one little strip and I could see it sinking afterwards. I live in Madison,Wisconsin. This is the first time I've ever seen a jet fly over my house. It freaked me out. Anybody know what it could have been? It also might be the same thing your sister saw except I saw it in broad daylight and it had a greenish color.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by tokyodynamite]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I wonder if what your sister saw was an after effect of this mornings CME. It may be Aurura Borealis, If one hasn't seen one in person, I could see how it would look like a flame in the sky. My two cents.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Could use more of a description on what your sister saw, such as direction, approximate size, color. IMO Aurora Borealis does not look like a flame. Thanks

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thought I would attach a photo of an Aurora from National Geographic. Could look like a flame...perhaps

[edit on 27-5-2010 by MrRoboto]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It was not Aurora Borealis, we don't get those in Florida.

I contacted her again via IM and she said that it was a bright orange, not necessarily a red. She said when the lightning went across the sky, it looked like a flame went with it about 10 times the width of the lightning bolt.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Heat Lightning? We get quite a lot of that in Florida.

Just a notion.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

We know all about heat lightning living here our whole lives. She would know the difference.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

She would know the difference.

Well I don't know her from Adam so I don't know what she is or isn't able to determine. I have lived here all my life too. From the description in the OP it sounded like it had prominent heat lightning attributes and it was just a notion in the form of a question no less. If you like, I can retract the post from the thread, there is still plenty of time.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Yeah I am pretty sure I saw the same thing. I almost pulled over to take a picture of it, then I realized what it was. It was a huge, orange, harvest moon raising through thunderstorm clouds over eastern Florida. Quite startling at first, and my instant reaction was that NASA had another accident. I wish I had stopped and taken that picture now that I see this on ATS.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I live in Florida Too.

Tampa Bay area.

Ive been pretty worried about oil in the air.

flaming hurricane of death.

new topics

top topics

join