It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the gulf spill force usa to change energy use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
As the title said , can the gulf spill actually help americans realise they need to reduce there use of oil , promote economical cars , clean power , etc, as this disaster was in there own back yard ..OR will they continue regardeless and after a month or so forget all about it?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by gambon]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
As the title said , can the gulf spill actually help americans realise they need to reduce there use of oil , promote economical cars , clean power , etc, as this disaster was in there own back yard ..OR will they continue regardeless and after a month or so forget all about it?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by gambon]

Sadly, the leak and it's immediate results are NOT in the backyard of most Americans. I know that where I live there is little to no discussion of the leak. I'm pretty certain that this will have NO effect of the thoughts of most Americans. Let's face it - unless there is oil in our own yards, we won't even take much notice. It may as well be in Antarctica for most.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What about the rest of the world?

What about Europe and Asia?

Will they quit oil too? Or will they keep binging just like we are?

See when an addict has a stash of his fix, and sees a future time when they will not be able to get that "high" anymore, they often times end up binging.

It's "this is my last day alive" syndrome.

It causes people to do things they normally wouldn't do.

Binging is typically a part of that addiction cycle.

When these people see a barrel of oil, they think "Keg stand!"

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It could. Will it? No. I don't think it's a simple coincidence that within the last week gas has dropped $0.21 a gallon in my area. "It's still the best! SEE!?! Just look how low the prices are going!"

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

In a word, NO.

Just saying.........government folks of all ilk know that there is no easy way out of this. Hence, Obama allowing more off shore drilling recently, and his press conference Thursday, basically telling us all, we cannot do without oil. Not now and in the forseeable future.

Would you like to have to go out to your barn and fire up ole Ruth, put a saddle on her, just to get to town to buy some groceries, while our government pricks continue to drive around in SUV's and fly around the world on jets, while they could actually do their business via satellite/computer connections? Hell, no.

Obama ain't this far gone, yet.

This energy situation will take decades to fix. Unfortunately, I believe that it could be fixed sooner, if instead of paying for billions of dollars in cleanup costs, that money could be put into nonfossil fuel solutions. at a much less cost, both monetarily and environmentally destructive way that would benefit mankind.

I'm not a scientist. But I recognize BS when I see it, and we are facing a whole lot of BS, in my honest, unscientific opinion.

Edited to say, yes, we must fix this leak now, no matter what the cost. The world depends on it. But we must make sure this stuff doesn't happen again, especially at this magnitude, thus the need for quick solutions to our fossil fuel dependancy.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by kyred]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well since I am brand new here, here is the real story about the last 2 hours aboard the Transocean Deepwater Horizon Oil Rig monitored by Halliburton. Halliburton was working with BP and the Rig to get it transferred to them as BP was in the finishing stages of capping the wellhead when catastrophic failures during the transfer to Halliburton.

energycommerce.house.gov...

At 10:00PM, Halliburton had monitoring equipment aboard the oil rig. This leaves questions as to why was it being monitored by Halliburton at the time. Why was this record not stated not shown to everyone. Here is an article I found where this will try to explain this oil disaster.

www.firstenercastfinancial.com...

Enjoy this record of the last 2 hour events.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Oh please.
Think about this logically.
The Gulf spill is only one oil well. Only one out of thousands. It means nothing. It is a drop in the ocean.

And we don't want to stop using oil. We will use it until it is all gone. It is a great fuel and it keeps the rest of the world busy selling it to us. We send them our dollars and they handcuff themselves to us.

If we stop using oil, our enemies will have plentiful and cheap oil. We don't want that. We want expensive oil and we want to use up everybody else's oil before we tap into our vast reserves. We'll use every last drop before we stop.

Think.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
did you even check my links to documents in the engergy commerce of the house in the US House. This is a true real minute to minute procedure of the last 2 hours from Halliburton monitoring the Oil Rig Darreck and drill pressures. The real for the last 2 hours like a Seismic monitor real in block of 10 show minute to minute progression of the Oil Blowout which sank the Deepwater Horizon Oil rig. I have spent hours in trying to find documents that BP has lied on the stand about the record stopping at 3pm that day in which they lied to congress early today. I ended up making a search bot to monitor pdf documents releated to this oil spill. Check link below for yourself. and Yes we know that USA is highly dependant on oil for transportation of all oil consuming from Airplanes to tiny motors. \

Keep in mind the link above related to Energy and Commerce committe related to this incident from the BP OCS-G 32306 001 ST00BP01 Mississippi Canyon 252 Macondo Wellhead regarding the Last 2 hours before end of transmission from which communication was lost. This picture purely shows that there was a recording of the incident and that it has not been made public as of yet but this report record was posted 5/12/2010.

I am not an expert in this field but I will go on record that my IQ is 153 with degrees in Biology, Nursing, and now majoring in Computer Science due to I am unable to perform duties as a Nurse due to a work related disability with lifting restrictions.

I was appalled but the report that I posted and the last 2 hours of transmission from Halliburton recording devices of the Wellhead MS Canyon 252.

goodnight

zerocool

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
did you even check my links to documents in the engergy commerce of the house in the US House. This is a true real minute to minute procedure of the last 2 hours from Halliburton monitoring the Oil Rig Darreck and drill pressures. The reel for the last 2 hours, like a Seismic monitor real in block of 10, show minute to minute progression of the Oil Blowout which sank the Deepwater Horizon Oil rig. I have spent hours in trying to find documents that BP has lied on the stand about the record stopping at 3pm that day in which they lied to congress early today. I ended up making a search bot to monitor pdf documents releated to this oil spill. Check link below for yourself. and Yes we know that USA is highly dependant on oil for transportation of all oil consuming from Airplanes to tiny motors. \

Keep in mind the link above related to Energy and Commerce committe related to this incident from the BP OCS-G 32306 001 ST00BP01 Mississippi Canyon 252 Macondo Wellhead regarding the Last 2 hours before end of transmission from which communication was lost. This picture purely shows that there was a recording of the incident and that it has not been made public as of yet but this report record was posted 5/12/2010.

I am not an expert in this field but I will go on record that my IQ is 153 with degrees in Biology, Nursing, and now majoring in Computer Science due to I am unable to perform duties as a Nurse due to a work related disability with lifting restrictions.

I was appalled but the report that I posted and the last 2 hours of transmission from Halliburton recording devices of the Wellhead MS Canyon 252.

goodnight

zerocool

[edit on 28-5-2010 by ZEROCOOL2010]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
As the title said , can the gulf spill actually help americans realise they need to reduce there use of oil ,

Do you really think that the overweight, unfit red neck American, with his 500+ horsepower sports utility truck, is going to pedal twenty miles to work on a bicycle, just because of a little oil leak ?

Hell no !!!!

First he will expect to see some helpless little third word nation get nuked for this outrage..

And second , he will stock up on even more cartons of hollow point high velocity ammunition.
Just in case................

And third he will slouch on his couch, drinking beer, smoking a joint, and eating pizza, watching TV to see how this all turns out.

[edit on 28/5/2010 by Silver Shadow]

new topics

top topics

join