It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Article Regarding Car Safety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Interesting Article Regarding Car Safety

jalopnik.com

Thirty-five years ago, the U.S. government built a fleet of cars that were safer than anything on the road. Twenty-five years ago, the government shredded them in secret. Two escaped the crusher. This is their story.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Long time lurker, first thread posted. Thought some of you might have insight into this, I've never heard of this car or the administration set up to create it - though I am surprised at its demise. We've got got members with great experience and expertise - maybe someone can shed light on another side of this issue - why would such a safe car and forward thinking program be abolished? Mods - please move this if it's in the wrong section.

jalopnik.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wow that car is crazy! I want 2 of them please!!

Did you read why they hid it from everyone? It would crash the Auto Industry lol. It would prove that they could do so much better with safety in the products and cause them to go bankrupt overnight pretty much.

Why?

Because we want the safest car.

No seriously. It's way better than my Stratus I bet.

Maybe that would be a great business opportunity. To get mechanics to rebuild these cars from off the shelf parts, according to the blue prints. And also make any improvements where possible.

The cars might end up costing 50-60+ grand though.

I don't see a problem with that. If the business caught on, and they expand operations, they could drive that price down significantly. Demand has to be there to create those conditions though.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Great points Muzzle, and the suppression of this vehicle - though outdated technologically by today's standards - represents ample opportunity for conspiracy theorists to go nuts. Considering the time in which it was suppressed, who benefited most by quashing the program? Why were the cars destroyed?

top topics

join