It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Border Patrol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
That you could look for work in California and be AUTOMATICALLY DENIED THE JOB SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the day when I am denied access to a building or group because of my langauge. America is so blind.

I blame this problem on the people that push hard for Affirmative Action laws...What other country in this world literally bends over backwards so far to accomodate foreigners who don't even care to *learn our language*? There's a high of a *demand* for translators; Entire TV *networks* cater to non-English speaking people; Social services have translators that need to be able to cover *dozens* of languages. In courses that are offered to immagrants, American *history* is the most-pushed subject, but far less emphasis is put on learning the *language*. IMO, there should be a higher demand for language *teachers* than for translators...

jus to make a small point england is now recieving at least 150,000 aslum aplicaions ayear numbers who enter with out aplications/documents are unknown to me but recently in the britsih presstheir has been a preecher of terror living on �500 ofbeifits and cameseeking aslum many years ago and now preeching to young ethnicminorities to fight for the obl etc and he's still living here utterly screwed up is our system

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
it's not much better here in Germany either!

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Most of the posts in this thread have been related to the influx of illegal immigrants, mostly mexicans, which indeed is a huge problem in itself. Nobody has really mentioned the fact that this could very well be a way that terrorists are illegally entering the country undetected and setting up terror cells all over. I had mentioned in my first post the story on the site entitled "Border terror". On this site is also a translation of a seized Jihad manual, which is very disturbing. I wish these issues would be addressed, they are very serious. Here is alink to just the "Border Terror" part of the before mentioned link:

www.usborderpatrol.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
hey thanks PA!! great link. I've been to Mexico plenty of times. Getting into Mexico was more of a hassle than getting into the US. We must have spent about 2 hours getting proper passports and visas and what not just to get in. Coming back was honestly a joke. We were traveling as a family in a big Ford van, the man looked in the van, asked my dad some questions, that was it. Total time getting back in, around a half hour, including traffic. Dont take this as 'ohh, but you were a white American family' that's the point exactly!!! they should look at everyone no matter what they look like!!

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
Say have you ever heard of the Movement of Azlatan or something along those lines. Azlatan, or Altzlan, one or the other, is the term for the land that Mexico lost to us in the war back in the day in some war no one remembers. This movement wants that land back. They are most likely the same types that you are speaking of. You see, they are jealous and want revenge.

I think that's the Mexican-American war. The great southern land grab!!

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
was a prime contributor to 9/11....

I was hoping that the Homeland Security idea would address the idea, but looks like that was niave....

It's past time to shore up our borders. At least most of the ranchers who are tired of losing money seem to be doing something about the problem...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join