It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Border Patrol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I came across this site www.usborderpatrol.com and spent some time reading the articles. This webpage is not an official Govt. site, but is operated by private citizens that support the U.S. Border Patrol. It will surprise and shock you to learn what is happening along the southern border. This type of information will not be deseminated by the regular news sources and people need to know that the illegal immigrant flood is a huge threat to our country. After opening the page go to the site directory and read "Border Terror"(about AL Qaeda), "The Wall", and "Immigration the "Slinky". It makes you wonder just why the govt. is not putting the National Guard troops on the border. It will give you some understanding of why the citizens are forming militia groups in AZ, NM and CA. I dont live near the border but it still is alarming.

Qoute from the site:

The monstrous catastrophe that is our southern border will only be "discovered" when al Qaeda crosses that border in strength -- with biological weapons so horrible that the survivors, a hundred years hence, will weep for our suffering -- and then it will be far, far, too late.

Anthrax and smallpox, those will be the vile poisons used upon our families, and our children, and our future. Once spewed upon our lands those poisons will wreak havoc for a thousand years.

www.usborderpatrol.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is a site of a private citizen militia -

www.ranchrescue.com...

www.americanborderpatrol.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
having lived in southern Arizona for a good portion of my life I know first hand just how badly protected the borders are. I think they need to take about 30k of our troops back from Iraq and place them on the southern borders!

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
if they need volunteers, i'm so there my car is already running. our borders need to be protected so bad i could puke. lets not forget the northern border, it also needs to be patroled seriously.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Well, I've mentioned before (In the Thread entitled "Bush Credibility Gap") about the recent Live Broadcast of an open-discussion forum held recently in the House of Reps...One of the *other* reps (I forgot which state; Colorado, I think) mentioned this problem during those talks:
He mentioned that the Mexican Government itself freely admits that they *encourage* such "invasion of illegal immigrants" because they want to gradually increase the Mexican population in the US to the point where they can *vote Mexico's best interests into US policy*!

Can you believe that? Openly admitted it to a US Rep!

Yet, it's the Mexican attitude that the US will not close her southern borders simply because it would generate "bad feelings" towards our southern neighbor...Yet they have *no compunction* whatsoever of what we may feel about their "invasion tactic".

IMO, this issue *must* be addressed...SOON if not IMMEDIATELY...in Congress to stop the "unarmed invasion" of our country. By *not* giving an official policy to correct this problem, Congress may even stand a group-arrest for Treason ("...giving aid & comfort to the enemy").

Until that time, I hope that more people who live in those border-states (I live too far north to personally be of much help) can support the Border Patrol...To keep as much control over the problem as possible until it can be handled in an "official" manner.

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
All we can do is try to prevent such catastrophic breaches from occuring, if we are going to be reasonable. If we are going to be unreasonable by trying filter the population through our borders then we as a people will be more restricted then we already are. I have enough problems trying to prove my identity. So why allow the government to let this issue drive our constitution to the ground? If we cared about our borders we would make it so those people wouldn't want to come here with intention of do harm to us in the first place. That can't be said for those seeking shelter but it can be said about our enemies. Remember you can choose your enemies, and they can choose you. The point is, if we are going to make enemies than we are going to have to face them. Now as for those seeking shelter, well I think all that are desperate should be granted admission with pride and dignity. Those who come here to profit off us and steal our taxpayers money should be outcasted. Those who should be outcasted are those who refuse to do it legal and become legal, all other people, considering they are not a danger are fine by me. I see nothing wrong with immigration. The only thing wrong with open borders and open arms is that it slowly distorts the public opinion and it can be a way for certian people who want this land to slowly take it over, by mass exodus, like the way the Jews took over Palestine in the 1930's. You See?

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm not referring to the Mexicans who cross our borders with legal visas or intent to naturalize...The "invasion" I'm talking about (& the Rep in the House was talking about) are those Mexican who just come across the border & have virtually terrorized the ranchers who live near the border. They have no intention of living or working here legally...They just want to steal & destroy the property of others while breeding to create hordes of "American born" (But not naturalized) citizens. This is what the Mexican Government openly admitted to the Rep. This is the problem that must be addressed officially & *quickly*, before it's too late to avoid uneccesary diplomatic problems (& eventually, military action & bloodshed).

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Say have you ever heard of the Movement of Azlatan or something along those lines. Azlatan, or Altzlan, one or the other, is the term for the land that Mexico lost to us in the war back in the day in some war no one remembers. This movement wants that land back. They are most likely the same types that you are speaking of. You see, they are jealous and want revenge.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
That you could look for work in California and be AUTOMATICALLY DENIED THE JOB SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the day when I am denied access to a building or group because of my langauge. America is so blind.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
America has certainly been far too laxed about maintaining strong boundaries. Why they don't just build a tall wall and patrol it with National Guardsmen, I don't know.

As to why the U.S. Border Patrol isn't doing more, I can't say. I know that they're relying on technology like land sensors, thermal imaging goggles and helicopters - but it appearently isn't enough.

Being from L.A. I've seen the way at many illegal Mexican, El Salvadorian and Colombian people hate and disrespect America. They resent Americans for having better jobs and homes. But they should really be angry with their home governments for not providing them with educations and jobs.

I remember about 6 or 7 years ago when a group of 100s of illegals simply ran in mass right through the border check point at Tijuana. The news showed them running across and right up the I-5 in broad daylight. The sheer number of them was too large to stop.

Also they often just swim along the beach from one side of the border to just inside America, when wade out of the water and start towards L.A.

Many Americans have been attacked at road side rest areas along the I-5 between San Diego and Escondido.

I've seen reports of Americans living along the border who wear guns stapped on for protection.

I must admit that the first time I returned to L.A. after coming to England, I was shocked to see about 6 DEA agents (male & female) lined up with 45's in holsters & drug sniffing dogs waiting in the arrival area. That presented a very strong visual aid that America is a police state, but I am glad for it.

Also, when entering California from Arizona at the border there were lined up about 8 - 10 California Highway Patrol cars. Again, the visual impact carried a strong message.

Being that GWB is from Texas, I'd have thought he would be more concerned about this issue.

Hopefully, things will tighten up soon.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think I've posted this before, maybe it was on another board. They create the new Homeland Security Dept. that will have like 170 some thousand new federal employees, yet they won't be on the border?

You would think that with all the federal employees this country has, we could maybe cover the border. Ya think?

Like I've said before - it doesn't matter though, we're all doomed anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A friend of mine who is a retired federal agent indicated that at the end of 2001 and beginning of 2002, at least 40 separate attempts were made to cross the border between Mexico and Texas by individuals identified as suspected Al Quaida agents. (Before anyone asks, I am not at liberty to discuss how he got this information, or what happened to those that were caught). But the scary thing is, these are just the ones that we caught!!! It is estimated that the border patrol only catches about 30% or so of those that cross the border daily..... So how many did get in undetected???

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
That is very disturbing Dragonrider, I think this problem seriously needs to be addressed. I wonder why the news hungry media hasn't made much of this, or have I just missed it? And as AegisFang mentioned, I wonder if we're having similair problems with the northern border. I live in the Northeast and am very concerned about this problem, I can only imagine how the folks in the southwest feel.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I would believe that the situation is likely under a public information blackout. I am sure the official reason for supressing such information is to prevent public panic, or possibly to prevent dissemination that terrorists would find useful.

More realistically, it is the first layer of coverup to prevent the public from understanding just how f**ked up and ineffective our law enforcement really is in these situations.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Dragon, when you say a public information blackout do you mean under orders from the government? I just wonder because nowadays with so much competition with all these 24 hour news stations and different newspapers, I was surprised that the first time I really was made aware of this was from these websites. What you're saying does make sense about public panic and providing info to terrorists.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Proud American,

I am sad and disappointed to say that the US people are some of the most mis/disinformed people on the planet.

All I can say is suspect what you see in big media, because if they are publicizing it, it is only because someone WANTS you to know what they WANT you to know.

I started a thread regarding reports that a dummy NK warhead from a missle test was found in Alaska. I have since found 3 additional stories corroborating this story. All 3 are foreign.... Not a single word of this story has been reported in general media in the US..... I wonder why?

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
That you could look for work in California and be AUTOMATICALLY DENIED THE JOB SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the day when I am denied access to a building or group because of my langauge. America is so blind.

I blame this problem on the people that push hard for Affirmative Action laws...What other country in this world literally bends over backwards so far to accomodate foreigners who don't even care to *learn our language*? There's a high of a *demand* for translators; Entire TV *networks* cater to non-English speaking people; Social services have translators that need to be able to cover *dozens* of languages. In courses that are offered to immagrants, American *history* is the most-pushed subject, but far less emphasis is put on learning the *language*. IMO, there should be a higher demand for language *teachers* than for translators...

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I blame this problem on the people that push hard for Affirmative Action laws...What other country in this world literally bends over backwards so far to accomodate foreigners who don't even care to *learn our language*? There's a high of a *demand* for translators; Entire TV *networks* cater to non-English speaking people; Social services have translators that need to be able to cover *dozens* of languages. In courses that are offered to immagrants, American *history* is the most-pushed subject, but far less emphasis is put on learning the *language*. IMO, there should be a higher demand for language *teachers* than for translators... Posted by MidinightDStroyer

I certainly agree with DStroyers sentiments... In addition, I find it hard to believe that California and a few other states are considering issuing state IDs to known illegal immigrants. I think it is a total waste of US resources to allow illegal immigrants to come to this country, having never contributed one cent to the welfare system, and immediately start recieving benefits, among other troubles.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
the amount of money being spent on giving these illegals everything they could possible need or want, could easily pay for more protection at the borders. I'm wondering if because the US needs Mexico's vote for a second UN resolution the laws havnt become..say...a bit....'relaxed'. Just my two cents. Like I said though, it's an atrocity what is going on down there. While going to elementary school and junior high in Southern AZ I remember new kids coming in all the time having to go to special classes to learn to speak English, and even by the time we got into our Sophomore to Junior year in High School they still couldnt speak the language. What makes me mad, is that my step mom in Utah is a teacher for ESL (English as a Second Language). this is in UTAH for hell's sake!!!! She get's so frustrated at the truency rate of the children, and when she attempts to reach the parents she has to have a translator, or the parents simply dont care. It truely is disgusting!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join