It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there some kind of "beef" between ATS and Alex Jones?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Not a shot at anyone here, but on a personal note I like AJ just the way he is. As a population we're becoming increasingly more gelded. People need to start growing up and stop whining about superficial nonsense and how Charlie Babbitt squeezed and pulled and hurt their necks, especially when you allow it to cloud the message, which in the end is the only thing that matters.

Peace

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by djcloudy

it was on a show called conspircys in the uk.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Alex Jones is a pure sensationalist, fear-mongering fraud.

Other than that, he is a genius.

But Glenn Beck is even better at it, in fact when it comes to exploiting fear and paranoia no one on the planet is better than Beck.

At the end of the day, they just want to sell stuff and make money, the good old fashioned way, by using manipulative propaganda, fabrications, distortions, lies and topped off with a major dose of sensationalized fear-mongering.

Either should do well here at ATS, as long as they come with source links and pics and, a really good story.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

That is weird you say he is out to make money. Because he encourages people to buy 1 copy and burn it and give away, and he also encourages people to upload his videos to youtube so people can watch them for free. If he is in the business of making money he has a poor plan.

I agree he fear mongers and is a bit on the pessimistic / paranoid side. But he provides a far superior outlet of media then the alternatives, even ATS. I started on ATS and found infowars to be more up to date, and contain far less garbage.

The guy is responsible for the majority of information we have today on bilderbergs, infultrated the bohemiem grove, and just keeps fighting back instead of just talking about it like the rest.

You have to look at a person as a whole, not just focus on what you don't like or approve of.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes the beef is that most members on ats have very low self esteem.That is why they hang around a conspiracy website trying to find information they think others don't have.So when someone with a backbone like jones comes along with solid information that they wish they had found they lash out.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I like Alex.
He was the first to reveal a lot of info.
And who can forget the grove infiltration.
It's up to you to research the info as he constantly states.
So i don't care as to whether he has an agenda, i have my own.
Self preservation.
He does go off into a rant or a sermon sometimes.

But when he's lucid he is very good.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Alex Jones did make a formal apology regarding the omission of the disclaimer at the end of the Charlie Sheen interview, and so it is up to the listener to decide if he was lying about that or not. I think all in all, the Charlie Sheen bit was good, but Alex should not have hyped it that much. I hope he learns in the future that info should stand on its own and not on hype.

I think AJ was just excited to have a big celebrity like Charlie Sheen supporting the 9/11 truth movement. The interview was a so-so piece of fiction, Sheen (if he wrote it himself) thought the bare facts might not be good enough, so he imagined what a conversation with Obama would be like. Either way, no one can deny the fact that Obama turned down an interview with Charlie Sheen. So that speaks volumes by itself.

The 20 minutes with the prez video contest was a good way of getting infowars listeners to make a contribution, and it does push the issue into even more areas, and I for one believe that the whole Charlie Sheen domestic phone call from his wife was somehow set up by TPTB, what really bothers me is that Alex Jones has not mentioned once about any follow up to the Charlie Sheen domestic phone call. I was thinking he'd just play it cool until Sheen talked to him in person, but it's been quite a while now. I think it is good that celebrities endorse 9/11 and more need to do it, not just one alone. Imagine if Charlie Sheen and ten other big celebrities endorsed it as well, that would be great. Sheen can't do it all by himself. However, to his credit, he did go public with his thoughts before any other big celebrities. Rosie O'Donnel did as well, kudos to her, and Janeane Garofalo, and Hal Sparks. Since America seems to hate on celebrities for being stupid, anyone that comes forward on 9/11 at least goes against the stereo type.

That last thing I have to say about Alex Jones is Daryl Bradford Smith, AKA the french connection, AKA www.iamthewitness.com. This hasn't been raised by any other posters and it is the real issue of Alex Jones. Alex Jones will attack anyone that attacks him, but meanwhile DBS attacks Alex on a routine basis and never once does Alex Jones make a reference to him. In fact, DBS also attacks Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Jessie Ventura, Luke Rudkowski, We Are Change, Charlie Sheen, and just about any other 9/11 Truther. Yet, not a single word out of Alex Jones. Strange, isn't it? That's my main concern when it comes to Alex Jones. Now, I think DBS may be a psy-op agent as well, since he says some pretty stupid things about Alex Jones that are exaggerations or lies, such as his belief that Arabs control Hollywood. I've never heard Jones say that and even if he did five years ago he doesn't say it now. Alex Jones does criticize Israel he just avoids racially profiling Jews because he wants to avoid racial division. Which I agree with. So either DBS is a government agent or just more leaning towards the race issue then Jones, either way, I'm a bit surprised that Alex Jones does not mention Daryl Bradford Smith. To be honest, I check both infowars and iamthewitness equally, and so it worries me when the two factions do not get along. I was happy to see an interview where Alex Jones criticized David Icke but now they are friends. In addition I was sad to see divisions between the Ron Paul presidential campaign and the 9/11 truth movement, both seemed to reject each other, which is tragic, but there are a lot of people that embrace both groups myself included, I'm just wondering if DBS so hates Alex Jones that AJ has for a long time now given up on trying to make friends with the "french connection." It makes me sad, because in history there was the American revolution and the French revolution, so there seems to be some connection there.

Sorry for the rambling, but I do follow Alex Jones but I need a break every now and then. The religious issue worries me about Alex Jones (even though ironically DBS is also a believer in Christian values) but from what I know about the global conspiracy, Christianity is targeted in the Protocols of Zion so there is good reason to believe the globalists hate a religion based on morality, tolerance, respect, and worship of a True God. I've pondered for a while whether or not the globalists have hijacked Christianity to make the followers believe outrageous things like taking the bible 100 percent literally, a la Kent Hovind, to make Christians look like wackos

[edit on 28-5-2010 by filosophia]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

There in lies the problem. Most AJ fans do NOT research what he says. You all simply hear him say "Dont take my word for it, look it up" and you all assume that lends him credibility he does not deserve and you simply refuse to look it up.

Here on ATS, many of you that attempt to prove things he says, can only ever reference HIS websites as proof.

HE LIES alllllllllllllll the time. Every day on the radio he says many many things that when you do look them up, ARE NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT TRUE.

How about this. All you AJ fans that claim he "woke you up" how about you tell us what you have done differently since you have been awake. Now that he woke you up, what is different aside from the amount of time you spend posting his crap on the web? I am really interested in knowing the answer to this.

"AJ WAKES PEOPLE UP TO THE TRUTH!"

LMAO.

He woke me up to the "truth" that George Bush was implementing a dictatorship.

He woke me up to the "truth" that Bill Clinton was implementing a dictatorship.

He woke me up to the "truth" that George Bush Junior was implementing a dictatorship.

Now...sigh he is waking me up...to the "truth"....that Obama....snorrrrre

I have had enough of him "waking me up" for no good damn reason.

Hey, you let me know what you all do now that you are awake 20+ years running. Maybe I am just being awake the wrong way.

edit to fix spelling

[edit on 28-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

There in lies the problem. Most AJ fans do NOT research what he says. You all simply hear him say "Dont take my word for it, look it up" and you all assume that lends him credibility he does not deserve and you simply refuse to look it up.

Here on ATS, many of you that attempt to prove things he says, can only ever reference HIS websites as proof.

HE LIES alllllllllllllll the time. Every day on the radio he says many many things that when you do look them up, ARE NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT TRUE.

How about this. All you AJ fans that claim he "woke you up" how about you tell us what you have done differently since you have been awake. Now that he woke you up, what is different aside from the amount of time you spend posting his crap on the web? I am really interested in knowing the answer to this.

LMAO.

He woke me up to the "truth" that George Bush Junior was implementing a dictatorship.

Hey, you let me know what you all do now that you are awake 20+ years running. Maybe I am just being awake the wrong way.

edit to fix spelling

Well actually I have looked up as much as possible of what jones says and im yet to find anything he has got wrong or lied about.
I guess your just not very good at the interweb.Thats fine if its not within your generation or maybe you just have a low iq and a delusional reality.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThenThanCorrectionMan
Well actually I have looked up as much as possible of what jones says and im yet to find anything he has got wrong or lied about.

I think you are full of buttons, sir.

I listened to him EVERY DAY for more than 5 years. I watched all of his videos up until "The Obama Deception" I know exactly what hardware and software he used to put most of his movies together. I have paid attention. I still listen, albeit far less frequently.

He often begins with a small truth or a hint of a real story and then adds and adds and adds and adds and then declares that there is proof of his claim out there somewhere. Where? He does not know. You will not find it.

Just listening to him makes my ears hurt because he just sounds like a bad liar. You can hear him make up crap as he goes along. He tells a story from beginning to end. Then as people call in and add things, he retells the story, each time evolving it to fit the paranoid delusion introduced by his caller, unless it is Bob Chapman, then they just tell you buy more gold no matter what was being talked about.

He is hardly convincing and just a little fact checking is all it takes to see he is making up most of what he says.

I can tell you without a doubt that every time he said "This is admitted, folks - This has been proven, people - This is documented - This has been declassified - etc..." I wrote down EXACTLY what he claimed was being admitted, etc. I did this for the better part of those 5 + years.

Guess what happened almost every time?

If it was admitted, there was no admission. Alex would not reveal who admitted it or where and I could not find it on my own.

If it was documented, the document was well hidden and again, Alex would not reveal where.

If it had been declassified, it had not been published anywhere and Alex certainly never offered up a copy on any of his websites.

See the trend here? I would love to see you prove me wrong. Not to be a prick but because I would be thrilled to be proven wrong on this. I just know you can not do it.

I guess your just not very good at the interweb.Thats fine if its not within your generation or maybe you just have a low iq and a delusional reality.

Really? Mocking my IQ when you write like that? Get a grammar book, sonny. What generation do you suppose I am from? I am working on the computer I built with my own two hands here. I am in my 30s for crying out loud.

Now I see why you think he is a truth teller. You have not been around long enough to notice he has been telling the same story for DECADES.

Tell me, if he is telling so much truth -

When is Bill Clinton going to declare Martial Law?

When is Bush going to put me in a FEMA camp?

Please only answer with an Alex Jones certified TRUTH, please.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWizard
ya know I'm gunna have to defend AJ on this because this guy offers nearly 100% if his videos/movies for free, and as for the fear mongering when we have people putting fluoride in our water, mercury in our vaccines, Aspartame in our food and openly tells us that they want a one world government I think there absolutely something to fear and if people aren't afraid then they wont get mad and if they don't get mad then they will do nothing. AJ can be very intense sometimes but I think it's just because he believes in what he does.

Nothing in this universe is free.

Nothing.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by TruthWizard
ya know I'm gunna have to defend AJ on this because this guy offers nearly 100% if his videos/movies for free, and as for the fear mongering when we have people putting fluoride in our water, mercury in our vaccines, Aspartame in our food and openly tells us that they want a one world government I think there absolutely something to fear and if people aren't afraid then they wont get mad and if they don't get mad then they will do nothing. AJ can be very intense sometimes but I think it's just because he believes in what he does.

Nothing in this universe is free.

Nothing.

EXACTLY!!!!

He tells people to take them for free...

...but he also sells them for a price far above the cost of materials + S & H.

Now why would he do that if he did not expect people to BUY them? He knows damn well that his fanatical followers will buy them and buy them in bulk. I know people that will buy ten of each movie to hand out. They know they can download them and legally make copies. He knows they will do this.

Another thing is that his movies cost him little more than any videotape of a birthday party I have made. He uses clips found on the internet and a cheap camera and mic. His travels are basically places he goes, not flights around the globe chasing down hot leads. My favorite is the one where he goes to national parks to show how the UN is taking them over. The Missus must have wanted to take a summer tour. He never proved anything. Anyway, the production value on his films is about ZERO. I see more money spent on local public access. Then again I live near a movie studio and he has his garage or basement or bunker and his Amiga Toaster

So he spends nothing and charges a huge markup and knows people will buy them. No giving away anything.

Aside from that, he knows that his movies are part of the whole gimmick and he has sponsors to appease in order to keep getting their gold...I mean money.

So he makes cheap ass videos and pumps them out for no distribution fees. See, copyrighting and distribution actually cost a great deal and he probably knows that if he actually paid to copyright his films and put them out on the real market, he would lose big time. So he makes free little extensions of the show, it entertains his fans, they support him and his sponsors - they all make money.

Or maybe I am way off. I hear this company called "google" is offering free web search and email and mapping functions. I hope they manage to do ok - offering stuff for free.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThenThanCorrectionMan

BTW, I am listening to the current broadcast available on his site right now. He just mentioned that there is more confirmation about the FEMA camps all over "but whatever" he said.

You say he tells the truth. Find me ONE confirmation of these FEMA camps.

CONFIRMATION means proven beyond a doubt, not some photo of a barbed wire enclosed empty factory complex.

edit to add: He also just lamented the MSM for ignoring the fact that world governments have admitted, among other things "to putting cancer viruses in the mmrs, making the public schools into prisons"

FIND ME THOSE ADMISSIONS, could you please? I am not good at this interweb stuff so I need some young whipper-snapper to help me out. Could you be a dear and find those admissions. Afterall, you did say he only tells the truth and you look this stuff up and find it to be true.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I heard him once and that was enough for me.

That is NOT how we post on ATS. Is that how Jones supporters talk? No wonder there's a gulf between the sites. 2 different audiences. One that thinks, one that attacks anything against it. I'll digress and let you figure out which is which.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I heard him once and that was enough for me.

That is NOT how we post on ATS. Is that how Jones supporters talk? No wonder there's a gulf between the sites. 2 different audiences. One that thinks, one that attacks anything against it. I'll digress and let you figure out which is which.

Are you thinking or attacking? Hard to tell really.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
Are you thinking or attacking? Hard to tell really.

I have a reactionary personality. I believe I was thinking first though.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I agree. I like Jones and he has some good stuff. I just don't elevate him to cult status like some do.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yeah, he's like that band u kinda like, they have a few good songs across a handful of albums, so you either use the seek button alot on your player, or just compile the good songs together on 1 cd.

Most of the time I listen because he'll have an interesting guest. I skip the no guest and caller only shows.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
Yeah, he's like that band u kinda like, they have a few good songs across a handful of albums, so you either use the seek button alot on your player, or just compile the good songs together on 1 cd.

Most of the time I listen because he'll have an interesting guest. I skip the no guest and caller only shows.

I see what you mean. Like America:

www.youtube.com...

The Kernel can live with it but it sure isn't Skynyrd.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

LMAO.

edit to fix spelling

I research almost everything I read that I take interest in. I never just read one article. I use google for a living =p

I think what your going here is making a big assumption.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Ciphor]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I spent *years* dissing Alex Jones, up to several months ago. I passionately disagree with any number of his favorite points and because of that I never gave him a "fair listen." Shame on me for beings so judgmental without much more than superficial understanding.

Several months ago my life took a minor twist and I found that I needed to hear what was being said to have a better gauge of a segment of American. Although I still passionately disagree with any number of his favorite points I found myself understanding that he is an American "voice" that is ignored at some peril to America.

Reading this entire thread reminded me of the introduction to Lee Harris' The Next American Civil War:

[A] long-range view of history makes it clear that if the so-called lower classes had waited around until the ruling class decided to give them their liberty, they would have never had any liberty at all. What liberty they have managed to create and maintain for themselves has been the product of their own acts of defiance and rebellion, some bolld and violent, others relatively peaceful, but all inevitably rowdy adn unruley. The champions of liberty have not all been knights in shining armor - more frequently they were rebellious peasants, riotous apprentices, outraged artisans, thwarted smugglers, unruly mobs, and lawless vigilantes.

Just as there are far too many liberal intellectuals who were caught clueless by the latest populist revolt [Town Hall meetings about Healthcare reform] and who see it only as a frightening outbreak of mass lunacy, so there are those on the right who are prepared to shamelessly manipulate and exploit populist anxiety to serve their selfish purposes. The incomprehension of the liberal elite is dangerous because it underestimates the potential explosiveness of the current populist upheaval - those who ignore it, or prefer to wish it or explain it away, do so at their peril - and at the peril of their society. The opportunism of the populist demagogue is equally dangerous, however, because the demagogue all too often call into being demonic forces that take on a life of their own, beyond his control, creating havoc in the body politic.... There is an inherent danger in all populist revolts: Once resistance against authority has reached a certain point, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep it in check.... Eventually a point of no return is reached, when all efforts to govern the society are baffled, so that no other options remain except revolution and civil war. Many other societies, including our own, have reached this point in the past. Ours may well reach this point in the future.

It may not be clear from the two paragraphs, but Mr. Harris is NOT advocating revolution, rather he fervently warns against it, and the signs of it we may be witnessing -- and some would say, unleashing. Alex Jones has a piece of that, as does this site. As do innumerable other sites and outlets and public outlets. Ignoring something because it doesn't rise to one's standards may well mean an important signal or moment in a turning tide is missed.

This is not Bush 41's or Clinton's America. Alex Jones is not speaking to the same audience he did during his previous iterations of FEMA camps and chemical warfare being waged upon us via our water and deliberately contaminated vaccines.

I listen two or three times a week now. I don't listen because I want him to inform me of my world, I listen because I want to be informed about what is being said... and believed by a growing segment of my world. Which, truth be told, is what brought me here initially.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join