It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there some kind of "beef" between ATS and Alex Jones?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
His rants turn me off to the though of hearing him speak. However he does have good information most of the time.

At times I wonder if Alex Jones is Controled Oppisition.

Beck and the other faux newz click are controled oppisition.

911 was an inside job. It was ment to be our "new pearl harbor" we are loosing liberites in this country and we are all sitting on our arse doing nothing.

However should my line in the sand be crossed may God have mercy on them.

I will not.

Keep the Hope and Change I want my Republic back!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Heh, this is interesting, thanks for your replies everyone.

I can understand the multiple reasons why people might not like Alex. But I think his sites contain a lot of good newslinks and food for thought, even if you don't agree with everything he says or don't like his style.

There are lots of conflicting arguments on ATS and lots of things we disagree on. Each of us can point to dozens of threads and ideas we consider garbage, YET we keep coming back because mixed in with the garbage is a much of great value. I think Alex Jones's sites offer lots of good info, too (contributed by many different people and taken from many different sources), if you are willing to sift through the stuff you disagree with. So I think its funny that people feel the need to add qualifiers and excuses every time they link something from an Alex Jones site. One man's opinion, anyway.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
» Board Business & Questions » Is there some kind of "beef" between ATS and Alex Jones?

Not that I'm aware of ...

BUT ...

He does seem a rather sensationalist voice in the midst, hellbent on driving his audience to somewhat extreme and/or radical affronts, purposefully ... for profit.

Me?
A coarse-voiced, "personality" solely-focused on profiteering off the very same backs of those he "claims" to be enlightening and making "aware" of the "evils" faced with and/or made "known" throughout his daily ramblings.

Though, to each their own, Y.M.M.V.

Nothing worse than a mouthbreather, mouthbreathing to the lowest hanging and predominant fruits of his labors.

An observant Tool, if you ask me.

Toss in a megaphone and you have little more than a sandwich-board salesman with a paid for street corner soapbox.

*the preferred venue* ... so it seems.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Ok, so ATS might as well get rid of the [HOAX] forum.

They might as well allow all the UFO hoaxers back in the Aliens & UFO forum.

Remove all bans on all the hoaxers that have come here to fool ATS.

Allow link spamming to the hoaxers websites so they can attract more victims.

Just allow people to be continually fooled by these hoaxers...

AJ is hoaxer. Hoaxers get banned on ATS. Any links to the hoaxers website just supports the hoaxer, and funds ignorance.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by doGen0]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

There are lots of conflicting arguments on ATS and lots of things we disagree on. Each of us can point to dozens of threads and ideas we consider garbage, YET we keep coming back because mixed in with the garbage is a much of great value. I think Alex Jones's sites offer lots of good info, too (contributed by many different people and taken from many different sources), if you are willing to sift through the stuff you disagree with. So I think its funny that people feel the need to add qualifiers and excuses every time they link something from an Alex Jones site. One man's opinion, anyway.

Perhaps ... but that's not really what you asked is it?

The question was framed with the subject being AJ not infowars and/or associated sites and forums. Quite frankly I've never been there so I can't speak to the latter ... but it is a little fallacious to ask about a specific person, get a response, and then reply on the context of others who may contribute to his product and compare it to ATS.

If I may say ... it's very AJ of thee.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Like all sources, it's best to gleam what you can from it.

Just realize that Jones does engage in sensationalism and exaggeration. I actually do enjoy some of his articles. Just don't take it at face value or accept his research wholesale.

There was also some suspicion he was an information and disinformation agent along the lines of HAL TURNERr.

As for ATS, a lot of members lost respect for him after the whole Charlie Sheen 9/11 Debacle. You can read about it here in the Hoax forum:

CHARLIE SHEEN 'INTERVIEWS' PRESIDENT OBAMA.

He's not completely shunned, though, and there is no official feud. Some of his work is displayed on the media portal.

But it is true what they say, 'Losing a reputation is a lot easier than building one.'

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Some kind of "beef" with Alex?

How about some kind of "goat" with alex?

Yes, we can now officially say ATS has a goat with Alex Jones!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jwest06
He has a habit of lying

Source, and facts please.
If you provide none, then what does that make you?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Violater1]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I don't care what anyone says, AJ is genuine.

NO ONE can deny that he has awoken many, many people!

Just on that one fact alone he should get a pass.

Sure, he's loud, obnoxious, etc...it's just his personality.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Infotainment = water purification systems and Gold for sale !

This is the type of double think and double standards people apply to Alex Jones.

When Alex has advertisers; it's because hes greedy and a money grubbing fear monger.

But when virtually EVERY MEDIA OUTLET ON EARTH allows commercials selling dangerous pharmaceuticals, oil company propaganda, and every other form of lie/manipulation, ITS OK????

seriously, you don't see a problem with "news" presenting a story on, say,the dangers in the water supply followed by an ad for a water filtration device? In any form of media,including but not limited to the Alex Jones show.

I thought OUR media was screwed up, but we at least have laws protecting anything that wants to portray its self as news. And a little something called Media Watch that would be rigt over those kinda behaviours.

Once any "news" contains advertisments, I stop listening to that channel. There are too many examples of cash for comment. ABC here in Oz is a commercial free zone. Both the radio and teleision stations. It is aboutthe only MSM that is 100% trustable.

I have a feeling though that at least most that visit this site would not tolerate it's kind.

Inthe end it is just my opinion that anyone who spends half their time spruiking "truth" and the other half spruiking products makes what is truth even harder to judge.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

damn you dog, you took the words out of my mouth, and re-arranged them into something that sounded alot better than what i was going to say!

in my opinion ... Alex Jones IS the figurhead of the "NWO" (so to speak) !!!

let me pose some questions -

Why does alex jones instantly hate anyone who has power in america, except for those he seems to be friendly with?

If alex jones had his way and managed to turn the whole of society against their government to over throw it, who would then take over power ??

When ever media mentiones RFID, prison camps, florinated water and ect its always made out that those people are trying to de-sensatise the massess so these things can be rolled out to a public who already thinks its normal... Why is alex jones then the person who seems to mention these things more than any other media output?

and thats just 3 questions that i constantly ask myself ... !

The guys the most blatent shill out their but because he is angry and acts like a 5 year old kid when interviewing people, his supporters think thats ok!

@Signals - yes, he has awoken some people , but for the complete wrong reason , he has done it to he can influence them with his own propeganda while they think he is telling them truths about the world .

from what ive seen, and i have watched and listened to alot of jones now - (simply so i know what i malking about and cant be called misinformed) And basicly, his mission seems solely to discredit whoever is in power . ... its the "but for what reason" bit that has always bothered me!

@Violater1 - in reply to the not lieing, i woudl agree, he doesnt lie, but he is awesome at severly stretching the truth and completly godlike at sensasionalisiong the most trivial of things which arent even newsworthy ..

(one great example the yard full of "fema coffins" which was actualy a load of drainage boxes which are used in building, being stored in a yard!)

[edit on 28-5-2010 by boaby_phet]

[edit on 28-5-2010 by boaby_phet]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
It's funny, over the years I've noticed that every time somebody posts something linked to Alex Jones or infowars, etc., they seem to use qualifers: "I know its Alex Jones, but..." or "This comes from Alex Jones, but..."

It seems like there is some longstanding grudge against eveything and every piece of info that comes from Alex Jones. I'm no blind follower of the man for sure, but I have trouble undertstanding why there seems to be a kind of ATS-wide dislike of the guy.

Just something I've always wondered. Maybe somebody can clue me in.

Simply put...

The problem with ATS and Alex Jones is that ATS has a slogan "Deny Ignorance" and Alex Jones takes a much different approach.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I don't care what anyone says, AJ is genuine.

NO ONE can deny that he has awoken many, many people!

Just on that one fact alone he should get a pass.

Sure, he's loud, obnoxious, etc...it's just his personality.

Sure he is a liar, he makes stuff up, he taints stories to sell his wares, he distorts real articles written by real journalist to fit his ignorant world-view, he is willing to say anything - no matter how false - in order to remind you why you should trust him, etc...but hey that is just his personality.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
To op, people like alex jones and glenn beck love people being tortured.

So why listen to scum like that.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
hes full of crap. alway telling lies sbout his personal dealing with the illuminati and the powers that be.

hes talks about these guys who attack him now and then, jumping out of the shadows, with guns. and how he disarms and scares off 4 gunmen with his bare hands.

He looks like he might have some moves, but tbh this is complete rubbish

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
clearly for everyone with some kind of brain, there is some beef between members or even the board and alex jones

I wont get into details, I just read a lot and I notice it along of the years

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
hes full of crap. alway telling lies sbout his personal dealing with the illuminati and the powers that be.

hes talks about these guys who attack him now and then, jumping out of the shadows, with guns. and how he disarms and scares off 4 gunmen with his bare hands.

He looks like he might have some moves, but tbh this is complete rubbish

Uhhh.. never heard that.. EVER.. been listening to the guy for years..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Say what you want about his ego and loud mouth, the man has pointed to the people behind the curtain and caused a mainstream awakening to the fraud that is being perpetrated. Could he be a sheep herder assigned the task? Maybe, but I doubt it.

No one should "follow" anyone though.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I really don't know what the whole deal with the Charlie Sheen thing is?? Did people think it was a REAL interview or something? I don't understand the whole dilemma.. but people seem to have a big beef with that. I've been listening to the show almost daily for the past 6 years..

Sure, he goes nuts, he gets angry, he throws his arms up and screams. But you know what? It used to bother me.. until I tried to listen to other radio shows.. like RBN or NPR.. wheeerrree thhheeyy taaaalllkk liiiikkeee thiiiiiiisss. Sensationalist? Maybe, over the top? Sometimes, but then again, I don't pretend to know all the angles that he sees. Think about it.. this is a guy who researches this stuff every day.. when most of us can take a break and chill out, log off ATS for a few weeks.. and shake off the doom and gloom for while.. Alex has made this his life, so its no wonder that all he sees in the world is negative and horrible actions by the "elites".. and I really don't understand why everyone seems to think he should be perfect.. he's a man, just like the rest of us.. he makes mistakes, has bad days, just like you and me.

Controlled opposition? I really don't think so.. he's doing a really bad job in that department. Most people start off seeing one of his videos, and that catapults them into a long line of further research. At least it did for me, and many others I know. The elites don't want you looking into any of this stuff.. there are now literally millions of people who are awakened to false flag terror and the inner workings of government. If he's controlled opposition, IMO he's doing a horrible job for them..

However, I think it is dangerous those who take his word for gospel.. DON'T EVER BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU'RE TOLD. Whether its Alex Jones, Bill Cooper, the Media, your Mom, ANYONE. Question everything. It's up to YOU to figure the truth out for yourself. - End rant..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join