It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there some kind of "beef" between ATS and Alex Jones?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Infotainment = water purification systems and Gold for sale !

Why does every MSM outlet get to have commercials to fund them, but if Alex Jones tries it, hes now suddenly a charlatan out for money. $$$

Because the MSM is way better at it than Alex, they at least try to make their bull# believable.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by doGen0

none of those videos have any facts, their mostly random people making claims about Alex Jones that can't be proven. ok so he was wrong about Y2K so that immediately makes him a government op???. and I cannot understand how what he does helps the Gov't. In those vids they keep saying that he never gives names and only says "global elite" and "NWO". and couldn't be further from the truth, he drops more names in 5 minutes then most do there entire careers. and I can understand why he doesn't want to talk about the Jesuits because they obviously aren't relevant to the bigger picture and the real people in control don't care about religion.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by TruthWizard]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I don't understand what you mean by sound causality (wikipedia didn't help me out hee-hee)...Could you hit me with a synonymous restatement?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yeah, i really don't mind AJ, followed him for a while, he seems to back everything up, he just goes a bit of the rails lol, and think's his impressions are brilliant, If he would just drop the impression's and be a bit more together, I think a lot more people would take him seriously.

He's not in it to make money, he openly tell's people to copy and download his film's and splay them across the interent, though at the same time he ask's you to buy his films, which is fair, people work at something, people gota make money?, TBH that studio he has look's pretty tip top, his money probably get's forwarded into the studio.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

Ok, explain this...

..do you want to continue to fund THAT by supporting his websites?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by doGen0]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The thing that eventually turned me, more or less, against Alex Jones is that he claims that times are desperate. That we must inform the masses as quickly as possible in order to achieve some sort of impression.

Unfortunately, he also likes to hold off on the release of his informatory DVDs, only allowing people to pre-order copies until a specified date of release.

-----
Some people say things like, "Well, he has to make some money off it in order to function."

Or, "He lets people burn and give out the documentaries he releases."
-----

I'm not a movement leader, but I think it is only logical that you would want to dish out as much info as possible. For free. Especially if the situation is so dire. It seems ridiculous to have people wait, at all, for information that could ... allegedly ... save their lives.

This is much like a 2012 survival guide I saw once. The person selling it claimed that they had the interest of others in mind and merely wanted to communicate brotherly love and help his brethren survive the upcoming catastrophe. ...

Yet, he put a price tag on salvation. Amazing.

I'unno, to me, it just seems a bit weird when you champion the urgency of action and freedom of information.

-----

And like others said ... I don't think someone would be allowed to sit out there and expose the government without any consequences. I feel it's a ploy.

What better way to rule than to control all conflict within the country?

-----

But again, his loud-mouth serves to get people to LOOK this way.

Even though a lot of the people I see posting on InfoWars seem to have ... questionable agendas.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I take your point that infowars needs to sell commercial space to fund the site. However , many of the ads on his site are just cashing in on the insecurities his fearmongering generates.

He is one of the few guys I have a slice of trust left for...

We will just have to respectfully differ on that one .

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by doGen0

Ok, explain this...

If this is all you have on Alex, you fail. Sorry.

Being a pompous arrogant jerk does not make one a liar or a conman. It only makes one a jerk.

If "he is a jerk" is all you have, you have nothing. Everyone is a jerk, imho.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Ok, explain this...

ok, so he's kind of a jerk, doesn't change the fact the he puts out more good info then almost anyone else. people should remember that he is a regular person and not a saint.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Why don't I like AJ? The bastard never picks up a bar tab. Oops, that's my best friend.
Nothing against him personally, I've only heard him once. That was enough. I have WAY more faith in the membership here that him. Sorry fans, just a fact.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

One time was enough for me as well. He always reminds me of David Icke for some reason. Just a little too manic for my taste.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
AJ is AJ. He attracts all kinds. Have you ever read the comments?
Hilarious.
I check in on Infowars, but I already know most of the sites he gets a lot of his stuff from. He is obnoxious, but if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have gotten a lot of great links to some great websites.
So, I like what he is doing, but I can't hang there, too depressing.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SentientBeyondDesign

Even though a lot of the people I see posting on InfoWars seem to have ... questionable agendas.

What is the saying, about how "Christ came to save the sinners, not the saints"?

Plus, I mean, you can't blame SkepticOverlord for what I post, right?

That would hardly be fair.

But I guess it is true that Alex is not too proud to run a tacky joint, that has down-market aspects, in service of whatever his ultimate greater goal might be...but that sounds okay to me...matter of personal taste, obviously.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You are ignoring the facts completely...

Alex Jones has already been proven to be a liar, and a hoaxer. He spreads rumors without fact checking. He makes money from these fearful rumors. He sucks people in using their weakness, and profits from it. He gains peoples trust with rumors, and they follow it blindly.

Did you not watch this video? He is making up stuff as he goes along...

Every link that you post that points to infowars or prisonplanet is potentially funding this lying rumor spreading fear mongering hoaxing jerk.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I choose not to view listen to AJ simply because I really don't have the time to figure out what is the truth and what he is embellishing to be honest..

The truth is shocking enough these days, just connect the dots, and leave the theatrics out of the deal.

Of course I always enjoyed Dragnet...

Just the facts...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Of course I always enjoyed Dragnet...

Just the fax...

That's confusing. "Just the Fax?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Yeah, Dragnet!
I like how they schooled Geithner.
www.youtube.com...
No drama with them two!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You are ignoring the facts completely...

Alex Jones has already been proven to be a liar, and a hoaxer. He spreads rumors without fact checking. He makes money from these fearful rumors. He sucks people in using their weakness, and profits from it. He gains peoples trust with rumors, and they follow it blindly.

Did you not watch this video? He is making up stuff as he goes along...

Every link that you post that points to infowars or prisonplanet is potentially funding this lying rumor spreading fear mongering hoaxing jerk.

that guy bashes alex jones and others and says how fair and good his show is. sounds like the guy is just trying to get more people to listen to his show.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

But this IS a screwed up world, full of fearmongerers, real Doom, everything is upside down, could it be those who are yelling the loudest like AJ, know something???

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Do you not remember when Alex Jones fooled everyone into thinking he had the greatest information ever for a few days, and everyone couldn't wait to find out what it was, and then when Alex finally released the information, it turned out to be a fictional interview between Charlie Sheen and Pres. Obama about 9/11?

HE HYPED UP A FICTIONAL STORY.

ATS was flooded with topics about Alex Jones' information before it was even released, and then the information turns out to be BOGUS. He made it up.... all fictional.

To make it worse, the fictional interview was disguised as real for the first few hours, until finally they added a disclaimer at the bottom.

He made up a fictional story with Charlie Sheen and Pres. Obama, HYPED IT UP BEFORE RELEASING IT causing AJ followers all over the net to get excited and regurgitate the hype on ATS and other forums. Then it turns out to be a fraud.

He probably got a million readers ($$$ from ads) to read his fictional story because he hyped it up and pretended how good it was.

It's a common marketing plan, it's called SCAM.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join