It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there some kind of "beef" between ATS and Alex Jones?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's funny, over the years I've noticed that every time somebody posts something linked to Alex Jones or infowars, etc., they seem to use qualifers: "I know its Alex Jones, but..." or "This comes from Alex Jones, but..."

It seems like there is some longstanding grudge against eveything and every piece of info that comes from Alex Jones. I'm no blind follower of the man for sure, but I have trouble undertstanding why there seems to be a kind of ATS-wide dislike of the guy.

Just something I've always wondered. Maybe somebody can clue me in.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Well ... personally I find fearmongering snake oil selling narcissistic megalomaniacs a waste of time, but that's just me.

I do give him credit for making more folks aware of conspiracy theories ... but really more on account of the volume of his voice than any actual substantive information.

But like I said, that's just me.

ETA: As far as "ATS" officially having a beef with AJ, I haven't noticed anything on the forums that would indicate such disposition ... as per everything ATS hierarchy seems neutral.

[edit on 27 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
He has a habit of lying and the fact that he's Christian concerns me with all he knows on the subject. I don't hate the guy but look back to what he did with the Charlie Sheen & Obama interview.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Well ... personally I find fearmongering snake oil selling narcissistic megalomaniacs a waste of time, but that's just me.

I do give him credit for making more folks aware of conspiracy theories ... but really more on account of the volume of his voice than any actual substantive information.

But like I said, that's just me.

+1 (me) to this explanation as well.

oh and add: Rush L., Glenn B., Hannity and it's quite the four-some.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a pure sensationalist, fear-mongering fraud.

Other than that, he is a genius.

But Glenn Beck is even better at it, in fact when it comes to exploiting fear and paranoia no one on the planet is better than Beck.

At the end of the day, they just want to sell stuff and make money, the good old fashioned way, by using manipulative propaganda, fabrications, distortions, lies and topped off with a major dose of sensationalized fear-mongering.

Either should do well here at ATS, as long as they come with source links and pics and, a really good story.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well, I honestly can say I have never really watched his show except for a snippet here or that I always have viewed as being way to melodramatic.

To me he is kind of like the Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern of Conspiracy Theorists. Personally I just want news; with out the showmanship, hype, musical scores, etc, that turns it into info-drama.

You will never see me do anything so shameless, like say for example having a logo made just to hype one ATS Thread!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I like Alex, and I defend him on here sometimes...

It's stupid of me to speculate about the thoughts of others, out loud and in print, but I will...I think Alex suffers on here for style points, he's not sufficiently Apollonian top-culture tweedy professorial more-in-sorrow-than-in-anger...and I think a lot of the ATS demographic has social-class-anxiety, they listen to Alex emote man-of-the-people style and they think "I don't have to listen to him, he is no better than I am!!!"

I do think (hard to prove, yet fun to consider) that if you repackaged Alex's exact message with a lot more upper-class signifiers (even just a slow boring John Kerry pace-of-speaking, maybe)...numerous persons on here at pains to disrespect Alex would lap his message up like cats on buttermilk.

Other persons have concrete factual disagreements with Alex...that is, of course, hardly difficult...I'm just sayin'...hee-hee...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sometimes he is just too over the top for my taste. I haven't visited his site or listened to his show for about a year. I'm just not his target audience.

I think his methods of presentation are necessary to attract attention from his target audience. Somebody who speaks calmly and without any antics just isn't entertaining enough for some (most?) people.

I do want to see if he has any articles about the pope in relation to the priest molestation scandals. Some people have said Jones is "suspiciously uncritical" of the Catholic church.

For the most part, I think Jones relies on fairly logical reasoning. I have never felt his Christianity has detracted from any points he has made. I don't consume his media all that often though, so my opinions aren't the most valid.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
ya know I'm gunna have to defend AJ on this because this guy offers nearly 100% if his videos/movies for free, and as for the fear mongering when we have people putting fluoride in our water, mercury in our vaccines, Aspartame in our food and openly tells us that they want a one world government I think there absolutely something to fear and if people aren't afraid then they wont get mad and if they don't get mad then they will do nothing. AJ can be very intense sometimes but I think it's just because he believes in what he does.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I will give you my response thru the posting of two links:

here:

"Executive summary: Conspiracy theorist for a buck"
www.nndb.com...

and some of comments in the link below :

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

And as I mentioned in one ATS thread here, what has happened to his
voice? It has gotten very gravelly in the last year--watch any video from 2009 and compare it to 2010 to see what I am referring to; this is not an asset for someone who is on the radio and/or television, as it irritates the audience, even if unknowingly. (not referring to the message he is trying to relay, but to tone quality) Not a physician, but sounds like he has developed voice polyps to me, and needs to get those taken care of soon, before they cause loss of voice.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I personally have a level of distrust with Alex Jones because of the feeling i get from watching him. I feel as if he is over zealous with his approach and that typically turns people away and loses them permanently to any sort of cause.

If he was more subtle in his approach i think i would appreciate him more.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

I like Alex, and I defend him on here sometimes...

It's stupid of me to speculate about the thoughts of others, out loud and in print, but I will...I think Alex suffers on here for style points, he's not sufficiently Apollonian top-culture tweedy professorial more-in-sorrow-than-in-anger...and I think a lot of the ATS demographic has social-class-anxiety, they listen to Alex emote man-of-the-people style and they think "I don't have to listen to him, he is no better than I am!!!"

I do think (hard to prove, yet fun to consider) that if you repackaged Alex's exact message with a lot more upper-class signifiers (even just a slow boring John Kerry pace-of-speaking, maybe)...numerous persons on here at pains to disrespect Alex would lap his message up like cats on buttermilk.

Other persons have concrete factual disagreements with Alex...that is, of course, hardly difficult...I'm just sayin'...hee-hee...

I agree, I think people are to quick to "judge a book by it's cover" and don''t actually listen to what he has to say. If he sounds angry it's probably because he is lol.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a HOAXER. I don't think ATS should support links to the hoaxers website.

Here is a list of videos that fit the topic...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by doGen0

Winner winner.

And to boot, he is a government shill. No one gets out in public unless THEY put them out there. You've gotta admit, pretty smart plan. Control every demographic of the population with a face, even the conspiracy theorists.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I think S~Dog summed it up quite succinctly .

Over the years ATS members have been exposed to a lot of his bullhorn hyperbole .It can be a little grating over time .

Infotainment = water purification systems and Gold for sale !

Turned a lot of people on to many topics, turned as many off with the `delivery` of the message.

For me , a turning point came after i heard an interview he had with Noam Chomsky ........ particulary the bragging he engaged in after he finished the radio interview .

Alex Jones :
"Chomsky .... you are a New World Order shill , and i`ve got twice the brain you`ve got, with both arms tied behind my back "

That`ll learn um` !

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Alex Jones is one of the few I actually still like lol.

I don't mind his personality or his drama.

For years I have wondered if he is a PsyOps Agent, but as time has progressed I have come to the conclusion he must not be one.

Every time that he had an opportunity to follow the agenda he took opposite turns.

Like on the illegal immigration issue, he is saying what I was saying. That it is all a conspiracy to get both sides provoked into a conflict to justify martial law, rex84 camps, etc.

I totally expected him to just act pissed and say something like "these illegals need to get out" but he didn't say that at all. He totally exposed the whole thing as a elaborate conspiracy, and provided links etc.

This (And many many other events like it), have shown me time and time again, that rather than fear mongering and being a headless chicken; he quickly comes up with rational arguments and finds sources to back them up. This is top quality behavior IMO.

For example when the H1N1 "Swine Flu" scare hit. He was out saying it is all fear mongering propaganda right away. He was trying to calm people down. ALEX JONES was trying to CALM PEOPLE DOWN when the H1N1 broke the news.

This move is the exact opposite that a psyop agent would take.

Unless of course, he works for a faction within TPTB that is on our side?? It's hard to tell...

Anyways, Alex Jones is a good guy IMHO. I have been debating over his true motives for years and every time he shows me he is for real and truly a good guy on our side.

He is not the fear monger everyone makes him out to be. He actually combats the fear mongering lies that the mainstream media pumps out daily.

Listen to what he is saying about the North + South Korea potential war stuff. He is exposing it as a crime. He is not fear mongering to lead us into war with North Korea.

No, quite the opposite, he is trying to deescalate the situation and counter-act the mainstream fear mongers.

He is one of the few guys I have a slice of trust left for...he has proven me wrong enough times to heed his warnings.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Has gold gone up since you first heard Alex talk about it?
(I haven't been paying attention...)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
Has gold gone up since you first heard Alex talk about it?
(I haven't been paying attention...)

Yes, and so has the price of sound causality ... you know, on account of evidently increasing scarcity.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

This is the type of double think and double standards people apply to Alex Jones.

When Alex has advertisers; it's because hes greedy and a money grubbing fear monger.

But when virtually EVERY MEDIA OUTLET ON EARTH allows commercials selling dangerous pharmaceuticals, oil company propaganda, and every other form of lie/manipulation, ITS OK????

Why does every MSM outlet get to have commercials to fund them, but if Alex Jones tries it, hes now suddenly a charlatan out for money. $$$

It's double speak.
Double standards.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I remember trying to watch some of his stuff a while back.. At that time he was into the whole 9/11 truth stuff. . .

Something about his personality just didn't "click" with me. I got the impression he was an actor playing his role, there's something dishonest about the way he delivered what he had to say. He was loud and almost seemed manic.

Some other guy said it. Style points. I wish there was someone more down to earth outthere representing this message with such eagerness though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join