It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is now listening to Dr Glenn Beck?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Originally posted by DJM8507

This is why I question Glenn Beck.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow, What an incredibly bigoted thread you have there. If that was what you were aiming for then you should be proud...

What did you not like about that thread? Were you offended by Mormon Beliefs?

Do you feel that "Dr" Glenn Beck is not operating as an agent to fulfill Mormon Prophecy?

I'll summarize your OP there:

Mormons are bad....Glenn Beck is a Mormon...Therefore Glenn Beck is bad too.

Like I said it was a bigoted post with no religious tolerance.

Where did I say "Mormons are Bad" ???

Did you actually read the entire post before coming to such a conclusion?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
mediamatters.org...

I think this is the best Beck moment ever.
And If you dont get why, you are propably beyond hope...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by debunky]

I'm glad to be beyond hope. He is spot on with his analysis and I agree with it.

Tell me, break his analysis down and show me where he was wrong. Break down the well established relationship between inflation and gold. Its pretty 101.

Its funny you'd post a video about Glenn beck and have it linked to media matters which is currently waging a smear campaign against Beck. Heres a nice little video of Glenn Beck breaking down the unholy alliance between Jim Wallace, Van Jones, Andy Stern, and Weiner.

Looks like its the new age of McCarthy...

Wheres the MSM on this?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Christ man. Read you own words. So do you agree with what you wrote or not? Dont be slimy, its your thread.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Here, let me post it.

Trust Glenn Beck even though he believes all this!? Pawn of the LDS church? Fulfilling Prophecy?

I have been analyzing Glenn Beck and his platform, as he is a self confessed, devout Mormon, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. Everything he says also seems to align with the LDS Church's plan to control the United States and bring about the end times via this prophecy by the founder, Joseph Smith.

LDS attachment to the Constitution has been further encouraged by an important oral tradition deriving from a statement attributed to Joseph Smith, according to which the Constitution would "hang by a thread" and be rescued, if at all, only with the help of the Saints. Church President John Taylor seemed to go further when he prophesied, "When the people shall have torn to shreds the Constitution of the United States the Elders of Israel will be found holding it up to the nations of the earth and proclaiming liberty and equal rights to all men" (JD 21:8). To defend the principles of the Constitution under circumstances where the "iniquity," or moral decay, of the people has torn it to shreds might well require wisdom at least equal to that of the men raised up to found it. In particular, it would require great insight into the relationship between freedom and virtue in a political embodiment of moral agency. (Encyclopedia of Mormonism, Vol.1, 1992)

Glenn Beck also supposedly believes wholeheartedly in the following teachings from the Mormon Church.

* God was once a man like us.
* God has a tangible body of flesh and bone.
* God lives on a planet near the star Kolob.
* God ("Heavenly Father") has at least one wife, our "Mother in Heaven," but she is so holy that we are not to discuss her nor pray to her.
* Jesus was married.
* We can become like God and rule over our own universe.
* There are many gods, ruling over their own worlds.
* Jesus and Satan ("Lucifer") are brothers, and they are our brothers - we are all spirit children of Heavenly Father
* Jesus Christ was conceived by God the Father by having sex with Mary, who was temporarily his wife.
* We should not pray to Jesus, nor try to feel a personal relationship with him.
* The "Lord" ("Jehovah") in the Old Testament is the being named Jesus in the New Testament, but different from "God the Father" ("Elohim").
* In the highest degree of the celestial kingdom some men will have more than one wife.
* Before coming to this earth we lived as spirits in a "pre-existence", during which we were tested; our position in this life (whether born to Mormons or savages, or in America or Africa) is our reward or punishment for our obedience in that life.
* Dark skin is a curse from God, the result of our sin, or the sin of our ancestors. If sufficiently righteous, a dark-skinned person will become light-skinned.
* The Garden of Eden was in Missouri. All humanity before the Great Flood lived in the western hemisphere. The Ark transported Noah and the other survivors to the eastern hemisphere.
* Not only will human beings be resurrected to eternal life, but also all animals - everything that has ever lived on earth - will be resurrected and dwell in heaven.
* Christ will not return to earth in any year that has seen a rainbow.
* Mormons should avoid traveling on water, since Satan rules the waters.
* The sun receives its light from the star Kolob.
* If a Gentile becomes Mormon, the Holy Ghost actually purges his Gentile blood and replaces it with Israelite blood.
* A righteous Mormon will actually see the face of God in the Mormon temple.
* You can identify a false angel by the color of his hair, or by offering to shake his hand.
* That Joseph Smith re-established the true church on earth and if he had not written the Book of Mormon then there would have been no salvation for anyone.
* Mormons baptize the dead. (including Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun)
* Mormons wear sacred underwear to protect themselves from evil.

SOURCE: www.exmormon.org...
SOURCE: www.carm.org...
SOURCE: nowscape.com...

Here are a couple of videos that contain Glenn Beck confessing to being Mormon.

Excerpts From “The Mormon Conspiracy”

* It is estimated that the assets of the Mormon Church have increased from about $15 billion in 1983 to over 50 billion in 2008.

* Over sixty thousand fully-trained, adequately financed and prepared Mormon missionaries are serving in all parts of the United States and in over 124 countries around the world.

* Because young Mormon men have served in and studied the languages of foreign countries throughout the world, large numbers of them have been hired by the federal Central Intelligence Agency and therefore are in control of a significant amount of CIA activities.

* Many Mormon men have been hired by the FBI, a preponderance when considering their proportion to the percentage of the population.

* A top leader of the Mormon Church has stated: “When our leaders speak the thinking has been done. When they propose a plan--it is God’s plan. When they point the way, there is no other way that is safe. When they give direction, it should mark the end of controversy.”

SOURCE: www.mormonconspiracy.com...

Could Glenn Beck be more or less a "pawn" of the LDS Church, with his allegiances lying with the Mormon church rather then the United States? Glenn Beck's religious beliefs appear to be a major part of his life. What he discusses on his program seems to line up with the prophecy of the fall of our nation and the rights of the constitution and the LDS church's duty to rescue our country. Is he using his program as a platform to fulfill the prophecy, create a divide in our nation, and help the "white horse" of the Mormon church ride in to "save" the American people? Will the tea party movement be the vehicle in creating this rift?

With all that, would you risk trusting Glenn Beck? Could he purposefully be trying to bring about the End Time prophecy of Joseph Smith by provoking his viewers with sensationalism? Is that not similar to a Muslims trying to bring about the apocalypse so that the prophet will return? Is it possible that he is an agent of the church and the end game means funneling control of our country over to the LDS Mormon Church and their Prophet Leader?

Do you agree with this garbage or not? If you do you are a non tolerant bigot and if you dont then you just a liar. Its obvios to anyone who reads it that you are anti Mormon and anti Glenn Beck.

You were just trying to get people to hate him because he's a Mormon and you cant refute that based on what you wrote.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A simple thing is wrong with his analysis:
He uses 1980
Not 1979
Not 1981
Actually, he doesnt even use 1980, just a few months of 1980

www.goldprice.org...

But the funny thing is, that he gets it right every other sentence! Then of course bites his tounge and says "If you wanted to protect your money you wouldnt buy gold, i mean you would buy gold"

I am, btw, not writing this for you, but for the other poor suckers out there.
You, my Friend, should call Goldline immediately and warn them! They are making a grave mistake selling all that gold now, when prices are going to soar...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Notice how in this thread no one has even touched any topics he talks about or tried to discredit him by proving him wrong. This is a typical thread full of people saying shill, hack, liar,fraud, gold fraud,dis info agent etc etc.. with nothing else to back it up. The truth hurts doesn't it. Its easier to just dismiss the person as a crazy.

You can tell that nobody has anything when all they can do is attack with name calling and bigotry.

Closed mind anyone?

Got anything other than the fake crying vid where he was doing a photo shoot?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Do you agree with this garbage or not? If you do you are a non tolerant bigot and if you dont then you just a liar. Its obvios to anyone who reads it that you are anti Mormon and anti Glenn Beck.

You were just trying to get people to hate him because he's a Mormon and you cant refute that based on what you wrote.

I am sorry that you were so offended by my post. So I am guessing you still did not read through it? Nowhere do I advocate a hatred for Mormons, nor do I give that as a reason to hate Glenn Beck.

What I do cover though is the fact that Glenn Beck is a Mormon, that his rhetoric matches that of the Mormon Church, and that he seems to be attempting to utilize his position on a major network with impressionable viewers in order to literally bring about end time prophecies and fulfill his perceived role within it.

You may not like what I posted, but I was only bringing to light facts and asking questions that needed to be asked.

I fear your mind has closed completely as you have become incredibly hostile towards anything that endangers your worldview and perceived role within "Dr" Beck's Alternate Reality Role Playing Game.

I wish you success in finding the truth.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here's the deal...

Glen pimpin for Goldline is just business as usual.

But ask yourself this question....

When the SHTF and you need to sell your gold; who will be buying it? No one; the only thing with real worth will be things that can meet your immediate needs. Speculation will be long gone.

Mr. Beck gets paid quite well to chump out his listeners. You think that his advertisers didn't research his demographic? Glen Beck is scripted by the people that hire him to sell their products. Hasn't anyone ever taken an upper division class in marketing. Glen Beck is used to sell his products the people that listen to him, the same way Hanna Montana is used to sell stuff to preteen girls.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by whaaa]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

A simple thing is wrong with his analysis:
He uses 1980
Not 1979
Not 1981
Actually, he doesnt even use 1980, just a few months of 1980

www.goldprice.org...

But the funny thing is, that he gets it right every other sentence! Then of course bites his tounge and says "If you wanted to protect your money you wouldnt buy gold, i mean you would buy gold"

I am, btw, not writing this for you, but for the other poor suckers out there.
You, my Friend, should call Goldline immediately and warn them! They are making a grave mistake selling all that gold now, when prices are going to soar...

Why would that make any difference? A weak currency is a weak currency is a weak currency. It doesnt matter even if it is in this country. It could be Zimbabwe 1950 and it would still be relevant.

He was simply using that recent time-frame for a reference. Its recent enough for people to remember.

Its just not Beck saying this. If you print money you cause inflation, when you have inflation your currency is worth less, when you currency is losing worth you need to stuff it into a shelter like precious metals.

Look at China for example. they've been preparing in this way for years

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Notice how in this thread no one has even touched any topics he talks about or tried to discredit him by proving him wrong. This is a typical thread full of people saying shill, hack, liar,fraud, gold fraud,dis info agent etc etc.. with nothing else to back it up. The truth hurts doesn't it. Its easier to just dismiss the person as a crazy.

You can tell that nobody has anything when all they can do is attack with name calling and bigotry.

Closed mind anyone?

Its crazy how thy all latch onto the recent Gold dustup and nothig else. Shows you ho easily people can be manipulated. They say they dont listen to the MSM but this is exacthly what the MSM is pushing right now.

Funny how they are right in lockstep.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I am sorry that you were so offended by my post. So I am guessing you still did not read through it? Nowhere do I advocate a hatred for Mormons, nor do I give that as a reason to hate Glenn Beck.

What I do cover though is the fact that Glenn Beck is a Mormon, that his rhetoric matches that of the Mormon Church, and that he seems to be attempting to utilize his position on a major network with impressionable viewers in order to literally bring about end time prophecies and fulfill his perceived role within it.

You may not like what I posted, but I was only bringing to light facts and asking questions that needed to be asked.

I fear your mind has closed completely as you have become incredibly hostile towards anything that endangers your worldview and perceived role within "Dr" Beck's Alternate Reality Role Playing Game.

I wish you success in finding the truth.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by DJM8507]

Do you stand by what you wrote 100%?

Do you view it as 100% accurate?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Here's the deal...

When the SHTF and you need to sell your gold; who will be buying it?

Mr. Beck gets paid quite well to chump out his listeners. You think that his advertisers didn't research his demographic?

I dont do well with abbreviations. WTF does SHTF mean?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Here's the deal...

Mr. Beck gets paid quite well to chump out his listeners. You think that his advertisers didn't research his demographic?

So he has a sponsor... So what! This new angle is so lame its laughable. So if he has a shampoo sponsor he is secretly trying to make everybody bald? Try to see past the hate and ignorance.

Most of his other sponsors have been ran off so this is a last ditch effort to rid him of this one too. It is the only hope of shutting him up. Gold investment is not such a bad idea. Most investors diversify their portfolios by buying gold. This is common practice.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Here's the deal...

Abbreviations aren't the only thing you don't do well with!

However an upper division class in marketing could get you squared away.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The fun part of his argument is that he uses a high that lasted for the whole month of january of 1980 (the rest of the year gold was between 400 and 600) to argue gold is undervalued.

If you dont see the flaw in that, you should go buy lots and lots of gold. Preferably coins.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The fun part of his argument is that he uses a high that lasted for the whole month of january of 1980 (the rest of the year gold was between 400 and 600) to argue gold is undervalued.

If you dont see the flaw in that, you should go buy lots and lots of gold. Preferably coins.

lol....that funny debunky!!

Actually you can buy casting grain for 10% over spot price if one is so inclined.
The minting charge for coins is extravagant; the same with bullion.

Anyone that buys Gold from advertisers, deserves what they get.

Schools out....go play

Topic...I listen to Mr. Beck all the time.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

I know he feels the Pres should give back his peace prize, b/c he didn't earn it....

So im wondering, what did he do to earn that honorary doctorate? Should he have given it back?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This was my point earlier. Its easy to find a few mistakes here and there. Anyone on TV and the radio are going to make them periodicly especially when they are a OPED person like Beck is. No one takes his overall arguments and breaks them down to the point where you can dismiss them entirely. The closest they get is cherry picking a few links. Sort of like Gunderson did in response to my earlier post.

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Closed mind anyone?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Here's the deal...

Abbreviations aren't the only thing you don't do well with!

However an upper division class in marketing could get you squared away.

I find your comment shallow and pedantic.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
All of these pages of lobbing insults and not one of you has even attempted to refute anything Beck says. That says a lot. You're just repeating the insults manufactured by the state run media.

Deny ignorance indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join