It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is now listening to Dr Glenn Beck?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Wow, yeah I read the rest of that quoted garbage. I thought Alex Jones was bad...Beck has completely upstaged him with such false paranoia and you're attempts to shut me down are pathetic.

Context my rear end.

No apology for posting false information? No surprise...

I understand. Posting things out of desperation will get you in trouble from time to time.

Typical you just go into attacking the messenger when the message turns out to be true.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

You're arguments are coming to...

Me: What? That can't be because of x and y.

smurf: Oh yeah, it sucks to be wrong I have been there.

The evidence is pages past, everyone knows.

ACORN was reported by the New York Times regarding embezzlement before Beck ever touched them.

and the prostitution thing...

"conservative activists Hannah Giles and James O'Keefe published selectively edited hidden-camera recordings"

And you credit Beck with what???

I have a big cup of OWNED here for you sir!

Arguing with you does make me feel like I am 12 again though...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Ha! back to that again I see.

Once again recycling old posts. Do some homework and go back to the acorn section of the thread. Its all explained there.

Smurf was just simply trying to convey a sense of sympathy to you because you apparently have such a vested interest in " owning " and " facepalming " him at this point he felt sorry for you because you got caught in a lie trying to twist Becks works around.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

There is no twisting going on here smurf, of course, you make that claim but fail at showing how. Save you're sympathy for people who make more than one profile to post with...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

ahhh, obvious troll is obvious, finally!

Hey look, someone who entirely agrees with me.

scienceblogs.com...

"Glenn Beck's hilariously paranoid delusions continue to pour forth. Everyone who criticizes him gets thrown together into one giant conspiracy to "destroy" him and "silence" him. And he's just the beginning; they're coming after you next:

Polarize that individual and make that individual toxic. That's not coming after all of Fox, because that wakes everybody up. Do it small. Take them out one at a time. I'm just the first. And if you take me out, then what happens? Does [Bill] O'Reilly go? Does Sean [Hannity] go? Do you go? And once they clean this place out, then who goes? Is it Diane Sawyer? Is it [George] Stephanopoulos? Who is it? Who's next? I mean, it's -- I've never seen anything like it before. This, this -- the Nixon enemy list? Please. This is nothing like that. This is targeting and destroying.

"First they came for the Jews." But fear not, whackaloons who love him. Glenn Beck will not be silenced. He will brave the slings and arrows, no matter what the cost:

On his radio program, Beck said: "Let me tell you this: They shut me down on radio, that's fine, I'll do TV. They shut me down on TV, that's fine, I'll do Internet. They shut me down on the Internet, that's fine, I'll do stage shows. They shut me down on stage shows, that's fine, I'll go door to door. You will have to shoot me in the head."

It's like he thinks he's starring in his own movie and he's writing the script. He is, of course, the brave hero of the story and anyone who dares to criticize him for, oh I don't know, being a (edit) lunatic for example, is all part of the bad guys. It's like a really bad Steven Seagal movie starring Glenn Beck."

I knew that I had the right context...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Alright buddy, I gave you stars left and right in the first half of your thread.... and I agree with almost everything you say about Beck. I like the guy too.... but I have to stop you right there. You began to lose the credibility you had with me when I started reading this thread. All it took was this little comment....

I listened to that Medima show. She got what she deserved. I have no tolerance for truthers and its scary when they are running for office.

Good for Beck for dragging that little character flaw out into the light.

First and foremost, a truther is not an evil person. A truther is simply someone who believes our government had something to do with 9-11. Now I don't believe that Bush blew up the towers or shot missiles into the pentagon. I believe they simply knew about the planned attacks and simply let them happen. Point is, your little comment just proved that you will take everything Beck feeds you and run with it.

I said that I liked Beck. I really do because he is grounded with our constitution... but he is very ignorant at times. This deal with Medina was too over the top. He preaches about states rights and here's a states rights candidate for the state of Texas governor's race. But she isn't good enough because she question's our government's role in 9-11? You and Beck are wrong on this opinion. You don't have to agree with 9-11 truthers.. but don't drag them in the dirt or condemn them for "questioning with boldness" and "speaking without fear".

That and the whole "Bilderberg Group" thing. The proof is there that it's real. Here's some video clips for you to watch...

Now, you need to take these videos and do some more research with what these videos give you. The people interviewed have the knowledge of Bilderberg and have had close contact with Bilderberg insiders... especially the doctor at the end.

All I'm saying is don't discredit yourself by spouting all this. You can still support Beck without supporting his "conspiracy theory" views about truthers, fema camps, bilderberg or anything else of that nature. All in all, your OP was great. But from the above quote forward, you lost my support.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's interesting to me in the ratings wars that Bill O'Reilly is now raging against Glenn Beck quite a bit, and Bill Maher is now openly criticizing President Obama on his show on HBO.

O'Reilly could until recently be painted with much the same brush as Beck, and Maher was an ardent Obama supporter until quite recently. Obama has been shown to be completely ineffective in crisis management, to the point where even Maher (and accalimed Democrat supporter) was found to be saying the other night "at least under Bush/Cheney you would have had some action and a decision by now. It would have been the WRONG action or decision, but at least you weren't left wondering what they were up to".

Beck has a lot of things correct, especially in his recent attempts to educate Americans about their Founding Fathers, but his delivery can be a little over the top at times.

OReilly just mostly has it all wrong, and don't even get me started on Hannity.

Maher is the one that I most relate to, except for his unwavering support of Obama. Now he's starting to question Obamamania, I'm paying even more attention to him. I like his take on religion especially, and his take on the Tea Partiers is along my own lines of thinking (apart from his insistence on calling them teabaggers - it's okay to disagree with them but no need for derogatory name calling each time you refer to them).

Of course, we have our disagreements - I'm all for the Arizona bill and he thinks it's an idiotic piece of legislation.

I don't like some of his attacks against some groups in general (such as Muslims as we can't call every Muslim a terrorist), but in general, he's about the best of the bunch.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
BTW - I also disagree with Beck about truthers and birthers.

I definitely think Government had something to do with 9/11 and don't think Obama was born in Kenya.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Whatever Beck is and I can't be sure, the "Constitution" is meaningless. It has been undermined by amendments and later documents and Beck never gets into that. That's the scariest part. He continues singing the praises of the "founding fathers" and they were complicit in making us all slaves to the European bankers, the Rothchilds and such, ad infinitum. Who owned us then? International bankers. Who rules us now? International bankers. Who keeps Beck riding high on the Fox network? International bankers. Who keeps the grassroots revolutionaries clinging to their Bibles and Christian universities? International bankers. Who runs the Vatican? International bankers.

Beck and the Fox network has been set out as bait. He might believe his own intense ramblings, who knows. Do you think this one man can come up with these intricately woven diatribes on a daily basis all by himself? They've given him a staff that feeds his egotistical needs. An admitted former alcoholic DJ who believes in a religion made up by a proven con-man. That's all part of his "charm". False humility before God and man and yet he oozes hubris. He makes believers feel empowered and emboldened. They are identifying resistance. And they are likely identifying you and I on ATS. Our privacy is fleeting.

Continue to watch and listen to Beck but open your mind. Watch and listen to it all but open your mind. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
OMG

Was that a serious OP? Or is this some sort of joke to get people going. He sucks man. Seriously, he is playing you like a puppet.

I didn't bother to read any of the other posts.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
One thing is for sure, only fear brings out the emotion seen in this thread. When people want to silence someone they are very afraid for some reason.

Interesting that just his name brings out the Christian Haters in such force and with such force. They don't even know how much like the KKK they sound and are. It would appear that Racism which is waning has been replaced by an equally insane hatred of Christians. Same people, different target. Same intolerant haters in different clothing. Same small minded Bigots only without the white sheets. Christian is the new Jew. Progressives are the new Nazi's.

It also exposes those who believe Free Speech only applies to them and those who agree with them. If you want to silence people who don't agree with you, you are the problem my friends. Is it not interesting the Progressive crowd wants to silence dissenting speech while those they oppose, never call for silencing them in return. It shows clear as a bell who the phonies are and who truly believes in freedoms.

Interesting little show this thread. Thanks OP. I'm not a huge Beck fan, although he is very entertaining and often correct on single issues. He is a great tool to expose the intolerant and control freaks among us. Just the suggestion the rights of the individual are inalienable sends the Progressives into fits. The very idea things like honesty and integrity matter is like a stake through the heart of a Vampire.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is all that is wrong with America.

He's a delusional bigot and simpleton, a fear mongering reactionary that stands against everything Christ was truly about.

And he's no PhD either, ok? Liberty University is more interested in spreading fundamental Christianity than providing people with an education. They'd grant anyone with one of their phony degrees if they thought they were brothers in faith. Beck failed to get one of their "real" degrees; he might as well gotten his PhDs from a diploma mill, his acolytes would be just as impressed.

How are there so many "Christians" out their so eager to embrace this fool? I'd sooner stone him than call him my brother.

I'm all for his supporters openly praising him though...makes my life easier, when I see you exalt a phony like Glenn Beck I know I don't have waste my time talking to a fearful bigot.

On a final note, props to the OP and his infallible logic for deciding to embrace Beck not because he believes Beck makes cogent points and sensible arguments but because so many people dislike him that he must be worth devoting oneself too.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
d i s i n fo - - - a g e n t

If so, he is a very poor one, because, he always points out when he gets it wrong.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
Glenn Beck is all that is wrong with America.

He's a delusional bigot and simpleton, a fear mongering reactionary that stands against everything Christ was truly about.

And he's no PhD either, ok? Liberty University is more interested in spreading fundamental Christianity than providing people with an education. They'd grant anyone with one of their phony degrees if they thought they were brothers in faith. Beck failed to get one of their "real" degrees; he might as well gotten his PhDs from a diploma mill, his acolytes would be just as impressed.

How are there so many "Christians" out their so eager to embrace this fool? I'd sooner stone him than call him my brother.

I'm all for his supporters openly praising him though...makes my life easier, when I see you exalt a phony like Glenn Beck I know I don't have waste my time talking to a fearful bigot.

On a final note, props to the OP and his infallible logic for deciding to embrace Beck not because he believes Beck makes cogent points and sensible arguments but because so many people dislike him that he must be worth devoting oneself too.

If you beliefs are true, please explain why Liberty U. would give an honorary degree to a Morman (which most "fundamentalist Christians" don't even classify as "Christian") ?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I love how the people who support Beck's madness use fallacies to argue.

Thinkers: Yo, Beck's a bigot and a con man. Look at the doom and gloom he portrays on his show, coupled with the poorly-backed, highly opinionated views that spew from his mourh on a daily basis. I mean come on, GOLDLINE?

Followers: Oh really? Well he makes mistakes, and he sells fear to ppl so they invest in gold but where's your proof that he's a nut? I don't just mean specific examples.

My question to followers is... where's your proof? Do you really research the bologna he says to see if he's got it right, or do you just let the sensationalism sweep you into believing him? This is why Comedy Central constantly roasts Fox News. People like Beck.

Of course he says true things and of course he makes mistakes. Him admitting his mistakes does not make him a truthful person, he is only admitting he is human.
I was once Christian, and I was taught that the Devil will tell 1000 truths to back 1 lie. Of course Christian church would back him. He does their job for them, by preaching things that keep people under control without the need to ask for tithes.
Although I STRONGLY encourage you to invest in gold.

He's definitely got bad juju. And for anyone who says Glenn Beck isn't mainstream... come on, who are you fooling.

The main point is that he uses methods we ATS users should AUTOMATICALLY recognize to employ fear and lead people away from real issues. What would be the best way to do this, you may ask?

By bringing up points that seem problematic and judging anybody who offers a solution as a crazy conspiracy theorist. 9/11 anybody? I am pretty sure it was an inside job from my own personal sources, but if Bek says its untrue, IT CAN'T BE!!!!

I mean seriously, this is how people get led to drink Kool-Aid. An outspoken "leader" crops up, bringing up questions like "We have to ask ourselves as a country, what do I believe in," and then addressing them by leading listeners like the pied piper leading naive children.

Comparing Obama to Satan... please.
That's like saying Pinocchio was a child molester.
It's not the puppet, it's the puppeteer.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by prepared4truth]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Because even though Mormons and fundamental Baptists have significantly different views on many of the basic tenets of Christianity, they share a common belief in Christ at least. And Glenn Beck, no doubt, appeals to the fears of Christians who think our world today is to secular and accomodating to other belief systems. Basically, Liberty U and Glenn Beck are brothers in bigotry and fear mongering, that is why they would support Beck and bestow upon him a phony degree. Their "friendship" might well best be described by that old adage: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Threadfall]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Anyone allowed to speak "OPENLY" to the American Public ( The REAL DEAL WAS BILL COOPER, author of "BEHOLD A PALE HORSE") on the American Airwaves is a bought and paid-for disinfo SHILL.

You have to read to REALLY get to the truth.

"Brotherhood of Darkness" by Stan Montieth

"None Dare Call It Conspiracy" by Gary Allen

"Tragedy and Hope" by Prof Carroll Quigley

"Apollyon Rising 2012" by Tom Horn

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I am Glenn Beck fan and have learned a great deal about history from him. Just today I learned that the present-day state of Israel was due to the assistance of President Truman and his long-time Jewish friend and former business partner Edward Jacobson. I learned how after the Truman Jacobson joint haberdashery venture went under in 1922 they refused to declare bankruptcy. Instead the two men paid every last creditor to whom they owed money which took until the mid-1930s. I wonder if any man today would be that honourable.

Glenn Beck sticks his neck out to inform the people of what is actually going on in politics and government, something most MSM journalists are apparently afraid to do. I have only one issue with him and that is his disdain for 911 Truthers. I am not a "truther' in the sense that I believe the US government orchestrated the events of 911. I dont know who was behind it. I just don't believe the official story. There are too many unanswered questions. Why Beck so flatly dismisses the issue I don't understand. Nevertheless, he is a great patriot, incredibly talented writer and speaker, and my favorite radio and TV talk-show personality.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I love glen Beck, although He does go overboard sometimes and he double talks you can look up any fact he says and it is "FACT" Hes not a bully like libaugh or /Hannity he just loves his country and is greatly saddend and worried for our future, but librals extreme lefties cannot hate him foe telling the truth>>

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Interesting that just his name brings out the Christian Haters in such force and with such force. They don't even know how much like the KKK they sound and are. It would appear that Racism which is waning has been replaced by an equally insane hatred of Christians. Same people, different target. Same intolerant haters in different clothing. Same small minded Bigots only without the white sheets. Christian is the new Jew. Progressives are the new Nazi's.

The KKK is a Christian organization. The chances that the KKK are here Christian bashing are a bit slim.

Beck is a Mormon and yes, there are Christians that hate Mormons.

I think you got your talking points crossed so I hope that helps. Back to your regularly scheduled lack of rational thought...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join