It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google's Popup Spanish Translator?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Today (actually only about 30 minutes ago) I logged on my PC and came to ATS to educate myself on the days events.

While typing a reply to a previous post, I noticed something was very different. Anytime I hovered my cursor over a word, a small popup appears. It contains the Google "g", the word beneath the cursor and some Spanish translations. Also, I just discovered that if I it the spellcheck button and move my cursor too quickly to the text screen, the popup suspends the spellcheck function.....Lovely......

This is new from less than 24 hours ago, when I was last on this PC.. No one else has used it, since then.

Is this something Google has chosen to do, arbitrarily? I do have the Google toolbar and use (I should say used) Google exclusively. Has anyone else noticed this change?

I realize the popup also contains a "disable" button, but that is beside the point. Is Google trying to make a statement, regarding the current illegal immigration debate? If so, I will be making a statement of my own. I'll switch to using Bing, effectively immediately. Unless an ATS member can suggest a better option.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Are you using Google Chrome web browser? Nothing is happening for me.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
haven't seen anything myself either.

But look at this way, and please remove your red white and blue blinkers.

Spanish along with English, Mandarin, is one of the most used languages in the WORLD.

And Google, as a Global company, not just an american company. wold be right to use the functionality. I would not be surprised to see the same things for Mandarin.

it just makes good business sense to tailor your products to you global market, and not just the USA.

Hell by rights everything on the internet should be in Korean, as the WORLDS most connected country!!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

No, I'm using IE8.

top topics

join