It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent Oil Industry Insider: "Theres Another Leak, Much Bigger, 5 to 6 Miles Away"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So what happens to these "cracks" if they blast the well shut? What if these "cracks" are the beginning of a larger problem of geological instability of the Gulf floor?

I wonder if anyone is preparing for the whole deposit to blow out and release itself?

N.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Folks ya'll need to look over the kind of strata they are wanting to nuke. This link is a bit technical but will bring ya'll up to speed on the kind of geology that we are thinking of screwing with.

www.touchoilandgas.com...

We are talking basically of shattering an already brittle porous seafloor that is already being infused from below with oil and gas and hoping it does not release even more than it is already.
I am a guy who really looks for the shiny side of the penny but in this case ALL my education in chemistry(Masters, O-chem) and the years I worked the rigs and fields to get that education are telling me this is a game changer for the planet and the life on it.
IMO we are on the brink of a methane release of possible extinction levels and the wrong move at this point may well decide how we continue life on earth.
At this point I say, May god help us or bring our end swiftly.
N.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Whats bothering me is this new drilling that they are doing. Two new wells starting at the same ocean depth are being drilled down and then slanted downwards to hopefully tap into this well. If they are having so much trouble with this well what are they going to do with three wells all at this depth in the ocean? All three will be taped into the same huge source of methane and oil. This is there long term solution. So lets say all goes well and they cap this well and it stops leaking. They now have two wells at a depth that thus far has been disastrous and that are also siting in hurricane prone waters.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join