It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent Oil Industry Insider: "Theres Another Leak, Much Bigger, 5 to 6 Miles Away"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I say, they somehow lost control of this new well that was found.... Then we hear that BP officials were arguing with engineers right before the blast.. I will go as far as to assume, they knew their actions would cause the rig to blow and then .. As stupid as it may sound .. Hope that the initial lost well... would blend in the the exploding rig and not be noticed??? Some smells really really bad here....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

I tend to think some geological activity was involved.

The gulf is active and has some wierd things in it. They have the only volcanoes in the world that blow asphalt. Plus there are bunches of mud volcanoes all over the place.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
meh... i dunno, this whole story doesn't make sense, sounds fishy to me.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Even if you stop the leaks. What difference does that make? You have the 22 mile long 3000 deep oil plumes underwater to take care of and of course, the beaches.

Plugging the holes of course is a concern but the aftermath is just the beginning.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What a coincidense! Just another reason for them to raise oil prices because it's our job to to pay and clean up there mess. Even though they pocket the benefits of the peoples resources!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I cant believe no one has posted the video.

Where in the hell is everyone who is always on top of this stuff? Off mourning like I should be.

No I wont embed it but it is Matt Simmons video and it clarifies the info.

HARDCORE

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Mobius1974

I tend to think some geological activity was involved.

The gulf is active and has some wierd things in it. They have the only volcanoes in the world that blow asphalt. Plus there are bunches of mud volcanoes all over the place.

I would have to hunt the source down, but industry folks i know (geophysical guys) say that about 12k barrels of oil seep into the oceans naturally every day, conservatively.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

"perhaps that's one reason for all of those reports of additional National Guard on stand-by"

You just reminded me. Governor Jindal, at the live press conference this afternoon on CNN, was talking about National Guardsmen who had gone to Louisiana & what they were doing to help with the spill/ protecting the coast. He was talking so fast, it was really hard to keep up, but I know he did mention Guardsmen from Illinois (as well as several other states) & I wished I had paid more attention to which states were supposed to be standing by for deployment.
It might be on CNN's website.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Excerpt re the history of this project that might be relevant to this story

"BP was drilling to tap an oil reservoir it had identified called Macondo, the same name as the cursed town in Gabriel Garcia Marquez's novel "One Hundred Years of Solitude." As on many past projects, BP hired a drilling rig from Transocean, the largest deep-water driller. Workers from Transocean and other contractors did most of the work, under the supervision of BP employees on the rig and in Houston.

BP started working on the well in October, using a different rig. After three weeks natural gas got into the well, called a "kick." That's not uncommon. But two weeks later a hurricane damaged the rig and it had to be towed to port for repairs.

Joe Shoulak
BP started again in January, this time with Transocean's Deepwater Horizon, a warhorse rig that had worked for BP for years. BP filed a new drilling permit with federal regulators.

According to a company document seen by the Journal, BP approved spending $96.2 million and about 78 days on the well. The target time was much less—about 51 days. By April 20, the well was in its 80th day, owing to delays such as one that had begun on March 8.

That day, workers discovered that gas was seeping into the well, according to drilling reports from the rig reviewed by the Journal. Workers lowered a measuring device to determine what was happening, but when they tried to pull it back up, it wouldn't budge. Engineers eventually told them to plug the last 2,000 feet of the then-13,000-foot hole with cement and continue the well by drilling off in a different direction.

The episode took days to resolve, according to drilling reports, not counting time lost to backtracking and re-drilling. Each additional day cost BP $1 million in rig lease and contractor fees.

Other problems arose. The rock was so brittle in places that drilling mud cracked it open and escaped. One person familiar with the matter estimates BP lost at least $15 million worth of the fluid.

Still, by mid-April, the well seemed a qualified success. BP was convinced it had found a lot of oil. Until engineers in Houston could make plans to start pumping it out, the workers on the nearly complete well, in a standard practice, would plug it and temporarily abandon it."

This is a really outstanding article anyway- as far as details go & about as reliable a source as exists. It is very damning, fortunately or unfortunately.

Source

online.wsj.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If this is true then it is like someone pressing 'fast-forward' on the expiry date of an already depleting resource.

More incentive for the US to attack Iran as I see it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
In two separate T.V. interviews in the past week, Billionaire Oil Expert Matt Simmons has repeated that he is very worried that BP will not be able to stop this leak.

He is worried that it may leak 120,000+ Barrels a day (that's more that 5 million gallons EACH DAY) for the next 24 YEARS!

His recommendation is that we empower the U.S. NAVY to remove BP and stick a BOMB deep into the well and blow it up!

He admits that it may not work, but it can't be worse than letting this out-of-control blowout poison the world oceans for the next 24 years.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I play chess with a buddy in forida and hes just let me know that
a)its been spewing about 15 times or more the amount we were told....
b)He says the new leak EXTENDS for twenty miles.....
It sounds to me like the zone has collapsed after the oil escaped in sufficient quatities to allow the ground to slump from the pressure of the water blanket.
If hes correct and its 20 miles long then we are well and truely screwed.

A post post thought here...
what if anything will the oil do to the atlantic conveyer current which flows south to north bringing warmer water to europe ?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by stirling]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
yep he says its on his tv news twenty miles of leak to stop now.....
Gawd i hope they dont panic and nuke it now....
obviously the sea floor has sunk from the release of the gasses and oil....
catastrophically it seems......

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Being an individual with no expertise but with above average intelligence, and having been on this planet for almost 50 years, I have to say that when my brain puts together all of the information it has received in the past month, of world events combined with this oil disaster, I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about things which are not being revealed to the public, that spell dire things in the near future. Look around you. Life as you know it is going to change soon.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I find it more or less upsetting that for years we have heard how global warming can be controlled by the government, yet even BP can't contain a oil leak and as the Obamanator said they don't have better technology than BP and yet they want to control and tax the air we breath, yeah I don't think so maybe in a thousand years until then they best put their beenie propeller hats on!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
my whole problem with this oil disaster is that BP states 5000 barrels of oil

leaking a day intot he ocean and others non-BP are saying 500,000 to a

million barrels of oil leaked a day into the ocean to this date. and 19,000

barrels presently each day. The worst case scenario

is that you can't trust BP as we all know now, because like any good liar,

they are not telling the truth. It's the perfect thing, they have a problem

5000 ft under the ocean, and really don't have to disclose much about it,

other than the camera footage which they have repeatedly tried to shut

off. I say, when you have a company wanting to shut off their cameras

about what is going on that's more than enough proof of their scandalous

behavior.

[edit on 5/28/2010 by Brainiac]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So more on Matt Simmons.. I listened to his radio interview from about a month or two ago.. He seems to be a very knowledgeable guy. He basically thinks that we are past our oil productions prime and that the "quality" of all natural resources have lessened so that while there might be massive amounts of oil left there is very little "sweet crude" oil left.. which interestingly is the type of oil that is very easy to refine. He says that industry people have underestimated several different aspects of the future oil markets and he thinks that prices will go up in the future. He stated some interesting points on the show such as 40% of the fresh water we use is for energy production.. ie... producing energy needs fresh water to happen. He also states that most of the water that we use is also pumped up and takes energy and that basically the amount of energy that it takes to produce the energy is way higher then what people think. He also stated that we have over estimated the amount of oil in Saudi Arabia. He is also pushing a major energy project in the oceans. It is to be in the Gulf of Maine and use huge wind turbines so he certainly might have something to gain by stating that there is another oil leak.. But you know what... this guy reminds me of Ron Paul.. he seems to be very truthful about things.. maybe he does have an agenda.. but I like the way he talks... either way it would make sense for him to tell the truth if there was another leak. I hope he is lying though. I want this disaster to at least come to a halt and maybe we can deal with what has happened so far much better then if this thing keeps leaking and certainly much better then if the entire Gulf Of Mexico collapsed due to the reduced centrifical force of the earths crust due to increased centrifical force of crossing the center of the galactic plane of the universe.. because that could certainly be a possibility if you ask me and that is what I am concerned about.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by drats]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Plausible denial

Oh look there's a bigger hole over there and it's a natural seep.

... it could be caused by a natural oil seep, although the odds of a seep of that size occurring right around the time of the Deep Horizon disaster is nearly zero.

www.washingtonsblog.com...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tellmemoreok
I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about things which are not being revealed to the public, that spell dire things in the near future. Look around you. Life as you know it is going to change soon.

You are right, I think a whole lot of us have come to the same conclusion.

We have been treated to a double whammy. On one hand, we are witnessing an out of control event that has the potential to change the rest of our lives. On the other hand, we are finally seeing the unmasking of the corporations that wield true global power.

Public sentiment has been overwhelmingly against BP for quite a while now and Obama has been obviously scared to say a word against them. He is obviously not calling the shots, in fact everyone with oversight seems to have been put on ice and put in defense of BP public relations.

That is true power.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by drats
I am just waiting for the whole Gulf to implode.. I mean they have never had a leak like this
[edit on 27-5-2010 by drats]

Really their has never been a leak like that eh?

Someone didn't do there research, the second largest oil spill EVER was in the gulf in 1979-1980, the Horizon isn't even in the top ten.

Ixtoc I oil well: 454,000 Tons
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1351cd630acf.jpg[/atsimg]

The Ixtoc I oil well exploded in the Gulf of Mexico in June 1979. The oil drilling platform then caught fire and collapsed, rupturing valves and making it difficult for rescue personnel to control the damage. The spill continued until March 1980.

[edit on 5/28/2010 by Alaskan Man]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join