It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Jesus' Father?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

No Da Vinci codes going on here. YHVH is Hebrew for the name of God.
The Jews back in Biblical times were too afraid even to mention the name
of God. But YHVH means the same for The Father, Jesus, and The Holy
Spirit.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

A miracle birth is one thing. But a virgin birth is different. Joesph was more of a step father who came in later. The birth of Jesus in Christianity and Islam are a lot of like and different.
islam.about.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

How about the Egyptian character named Horus. That should keep you busy for hours and hours, perhaps days. He alone shares nearly 200 UNIQUE similarities with Jesus. When you are done with Horus, let me know and I will continue giving you many more. I can keep you busy for months. Have fun!

Not a nice reply. But why should I do that since Richard Carrier (an atheist by the way) has nicely done the job for me. Read his page about Kersey Graves and you see that he has only found "two real "resurrected" deities with some uncanny similarity to Jesus" (Zalmoxis and Inanna). And since an atheist has stated that HIS research yields only two examples, why should I dispute him. Here is the link:

www.infidels.org...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If you are asking this with seriousness, then I will answer you in the only other way possible if you are unable to extract the answer from my post already. Ok, here goes: Does Santa Claus have a father? Not trying to be funny, but my post contains the answer, so if that doesnt answer it for anyone, then this is the only way easier to explain it. Your answer to that is the answer to the father of jesus. Its really simple.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AeJor_Mn

The same creator everyone and everything has - God.

Your parents only provide the DNA that builds the flesh of your body, your soul comes from God.

Jesus, Lucifer, and anyone else - they are just like you, children of God.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

This should be of better use. listverse.com...
I personally don't believe in Jesus. I'm more of a follower of my own supreme being.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by AeJor_Mn

My only question for you is...
...why is it so important for you to attempt to deconstruct who Jesus father was?

Haven't you got more interesting things to do with your life...
...like going fishing or some other mindless amusement?

Remember that you only have three-score and ten and if more then with struggle...
...if you don't believe that you have continuity of life through Jesus post-mortem...
...then why waste your time trying to sell this nonesense?

Just curious about you motives.

Why does anyone make threads in ATS then?
Let's all go fishing!
Anything to keep people from questioning the order of things, eh?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
some say that a roman soldier named Pantera raped mary and she was ashamed so she made up the story of god impregnating her. dont know if its true but it does have some historical backing

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I am familiar with the "pagan myth theory" for Jesus (or copy cat religion contention). It has been reputed many times by many people. Even an atheist (Richard Carrier) has reputed it. See my posting above with link.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Can you explain to me how that link has anything to do with Horus and Jesus sharing nearly 200 unique similarities? Perhaps I am missing something? That link certainly does not change my opinion in the least bit honestly. To find the correct info try to read PURE UNBIASED history. Read sites that express NO religious or belief system whatsoever. Otherwise you have to read between the lines to find the authors bias and beliefs getting mixed in with the info.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71

If you are asking this with seriousness, then I will answer you in the only other way possible if you are unable to extract the answer from my post already. Ok, here goes: Does Santa Claus have a father? Not trying to be funny, but my post contains the answer, so if that doesnt answer it for anyone, then this is the only way easier to explain it. Your answer to that is the answer to the father of jesus. Its really simple.

Oh Man! you are like really deep, answering a question WITH! a question, you rock dude. So you must mean Father Claus is Jesus's dad, is that right?

It sucks that he played favourites with his two sons, I guess in the end he prefered Santa over Jesus because he trained Santa up to give out presents and how to be jolly whilst Jesus ends up getting himself nailed to a cross and dying...Man! it makes you think, doesn't it?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yea, LOL, its one heck of a world isnt it.

I prefer the son Santa since he brought lots of x-mas gifts! Gifts brought me the smiles when i was younger, and the statue of a man on a cross in church made me uncomfortable to say the least. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. And those church folks also... agghh!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Shine71]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

Can you explain to me how that link has anything to do with Horus and Jesus sharing nearly 200 unique similarities? Perhaps I am missing something? That link certainly does not change my opinion in the least bit honestly. To find the correct info try to read PURE UNBIASED history. Read sites that express NO religious or belief system whatsoever. Otherwise you have to read between the lines to find the authors bias and beliefs getting mixed in with the info.

A lot since any atheist (especially Richard Carrier) would love to post on his web site any such link that exists. The experts I checked say there is no similarities (to which I linked). You cannot back up you assertion with one link or statement of fact. Then you ask me to due the homework. Provide your evidence.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Midichlorians would be the answer you are looking for...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Wait a minute now! You started with the info asking. I could have told you to do your homework as you CLEARLY HAVE NOT! I pointed you in the right direction when you asked, and you provided me a link of honestly NONSENSE.

THE QUESTION STILL STANDS, WHAT DOES THAT LINK HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR QUESTION TO ME?? You are the one weaseling out my friend, dont throw that nonsense at me. Your link is nonsense, about our discussion. if you followed what I was saying, we would not have had this discussion turn sour. You were supposed to research Horus. You reply was a link of nonsense. WHAT kind of BS are you playing? I dont have time for baby games pal.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Horus's story is nothing like Jesus's and it's quite clear to anyone that knows anything about his myth.
For instance, alot of people claim that Jesus and Horus both share a virgin birth.
This is true in a sense, but it's not what you think.
Osiris was killed by his brother set, Isis then gathered up all of osiris's body parts(Except his penis which was thrown in the nile and eaten by a catfish) and used that to ressurect Osiris and a golden penis, which she then used to impregnate herself.

Now, it may just be my ignorance of the bible, but I don't remember mary running around with a golden penis.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Whatever, but just for kicks and giggles I'll give you that ONE single similarity. What about the nearly 200 other similarities???

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71

Whatever, but just for kicks and giggles I'll give you that ONE single similarity. What about the nearly 200 other similarities???

Show me some valid sources and actual ancient texts, not a crappy documentary and charlatans, and sure, i'll believe it then.
But I think you'll find zeitgeist simply lied, quite a bit about the supposed traits of Horus.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well if my memory is correct, back in the days i was being brainwashed at school and church God made Mary pregnant with himself in man form. and then there was the holy spirit which was also god but for down on earth after Jesus did the whole zombie thing and when back to heaven, that was the holy spirit could hang around to keep a presence here.

Back in the real world.... if the person referred to in the bible as Jesus did actually exist then Joseph would be his dad, unless Mary was banging someone else and just told Joseph it was his.

Wow every time i think back to these fairy tales it makes me frightened to think adults who believe this junk also have drivers licenses and are allowed to operate heavy machinery. Scary stuff. By the way I commend you for all of the research you did on this subject, but grow up, its not real, you look silly...really. Do yourself a favor and watch the southpark episode they did on the mormon church. Since it is not your religion you will see how utterly stupid their beliefs are. Thats a good first step to realizing just how silly yours is.

Southpark All About The Mormons

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

So everyone should do your homework? I did mine, thats why I do not believe what you STILL do. And I'll be D@AMED if I am going to do anyone else's homework for them! JEEZ!

I have a question? WHY ARE FOLKS SO DARN LAZY? THERE IS THE LIBRARY, THERE IS GOOGLE. The info is at your finger tips within seconds. Get to searching already! JEEZ

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Shine71]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join