It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
hi, i'm starting to become little confused on how people can beleve that the world will end on the a data which was predice a coupley of thoused year ago. man, it starting to get alittle out of hand. i meen if this is not debunked in a way everyone will understanted before exmist go to the great lengs because of the shock when it does not happen.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by 2ded12]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ded12

After I have a few beers, I usually end up with the same grammar issues - no worries...

Go Here...

Hopefully between the facts and conjecture you get something out of it...and utilize the search bar in the top right - this place has some damn good info on the subject.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ded12

"Mr. [2ded12], what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever [read]. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having [read] it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

[edit on 27-5-2010 by KILL_DOGG]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ded12

I hope English isn't your first language? Because your post made no sense at all, It did give me a good laugh though!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Did you happen to notice the OP's join date???

2nd line.........

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
i think you actually believe something will happen on that date. obviously that date has significance to you or you wouldn't have registered on that date. i don't believe in coincidences....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why not? It is only two years away and people are wanting it to happen, some claim even dreaming about it, as far as I know it has something to do with mayans and calendars plus it sorta feels like the end to me. The world sucks! more than at anytime in human history, everything is ashes.....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
First of all, the original 2012 idea doesn't involve the world "ending" or even disaster coming. It involves a kind of change. Exactly what kind of change this would be depends on who you talk to.

As far as I know, there are three main reasons for the 2012 thing. (I shouldn't have to reitierate this; google and wikpedia are your friends. But anyway...)

1) The Mayan Long Count " b'ak'tun cycle" of their calendar supposedly comes to an end, signaling a transition. I've heard it said that actually it is an Olmec rather than Mayan tradition and a misrepresented one at that, but anyway it seems simply like the calendar rolls over and finishes its cycle.

2) There is a Hopi prophecy about the future that lists a lot of phenomeon and people have tied it into astrological events that will occur in 2012.

3) Terrance McKenna created a mathematical/computer program called "Timewave Zero" based on an anaylsis of the ancient Chinese text I Ching. His program analyzes "novelty" in history and predicts that a point of extreme novelty will occur in 2012. Again, this is not a disaster secenario, but simply the advent of "something mind-bogglingly novel." By "novel" he means new, astounding, etc.

So bascially the evidence is to "major change" rather than disaster or doom per se. I'm sure the 2012 pundits on this board can tell you more.

[edit on 5/27/10 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
next stage in evolution, trinary. yeah?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
2012 is nothing but satanic deception. I wouldn't be surprised if things predicted to occur in that year actually happen sooner. I understand the Maya were great astronomers, I've studied it greatly. But their civilization practiced ritual human sacrifice, so I don't put any credibility in anything else they prophesied. Their society was greatly flawed and thankfully fell.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
Why not? It is only two years away and people are wanting it to happen, some claim even dreaming about it, as far as I know it has something to do with mayans and calendars plus it sorta feels like the end to me. The world sucks! more than at anytime in human history, everything is ashes.....

Just look at the world it is falling apart!
It is only 2010 and hate to see what 2011 looks like!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Patriot
2012 is nothing but satanic deception. I wouldn't be surprised if things predicted to occur in that year actually happen sooner. I understand the Maya were great astronomers, I've studied it greatly. But their civilization practiced ritual human sacrifice, so I don't put any credibility in anything else they prophesied. Their society was greatly flawed and thankfully fell.

So Enlil is causing mischief against the human race again?

new topics

top topics

join