It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sinking of the Cheonan: Another Gulf of Tonkin incident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

If we end up in a conflict then IMHO it's becuase they can not contain any next economic crash.. and any next economic crash will bring about much higher levels of hardship/famine than already exists in countries like North Korea.

Millions dying in war or starvation while the rich get richer simply does not sit well with me.

Thanks for the opinion, which actually is one of the reasons I posted this. It is definitely smoke and mirrors, but to what gain? More power, populations control, or just making some money. Who knows, but your right. The timing of the situation stinks and to me smells like we know a lot more than were leading to.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Hey JIMC5499, thanks for that info. You are right about OK, I remember they found the axle now that you mention it. One of the question I would ask is, if there is such a strong current as is written about, how would you go about finding those pieces like they did? Understandably the ocean was about 30m deep, fairly shallow, but in your opinion would the torpedo not drift far? If it did drift, would they just use sonar similar to what treasure hunters use? If your not sure of the top of your head, no worries.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

what!!! i just created a threaD ABOUT THIS THIS MORNING with more information...please give credit where credit is due tro the original poster

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFORacer56

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

If we end up in a conflict then IMHO it's becuase they can not contain any next economic crash.. and any next economic crash will bring about much higher levels of hardship/famine than already exists in countries like North Korea.

Millions dying in war or starvation while the rich get richer simply does not sit well with me.

Thanks for the opinion, which actually is one of the reasons I posted this. It is definitely smoke and mirrors, but to what gain? More power, populations control, or just making some money. Who knows, but your right. The timing of the situation stinks and to me smells like we know a lot more than were leading to.

I'm of the opinion if the markets crash again (after all those bailout funds have been spent) even one market may set in motion a whole system collapse, which will turn very angry populations from China to the USA on their own leaders..

No nation will be immune, who would Iran and Russia sell their gas and oil to?? their markets will collapse... who would send aid to North Korea.. it's market will collapse... famine will stalk the nation.

When looking at it in that context, it is almost better for those leaders to have a war than it is to let the markets crash.. if the markets crash all their necks will be on the line..

Their behinds, the bankers behinds are safer in war situation. They also get a totalitarian raft of powers they currently don't have to requisision whatever they want and almost do whatever they want.

Tho my thoughts only hinge on a potenial next market crash, so the EuroZone appears to go tits up as this report is released smelt fishy..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I do not think north korea sank the ship. why? becuase ever since theyve been throwing htemselves verbaly around...they have done nothing at all, they have portrayed themselves as nothing but big mouths who dont put thier money where thier mouth is, thats all.
Theirs a story i once heard, how WWII started. The germans went to the polish border, near a radio tower/broadcast station. The needed na excuse to invade Poland, in september 1939. so, a nazi soldier dressed up like a POLE (polish person) infiltrated the radio station, and said over the broadcast threatening bad things abuot hitler, the germans, germany thier way of life. That in return, granted germany permission to attack in self defence. DOnt know if its a true story. they had to have reason* to invade first.
And of course, thier was Veitnam war..i forget the name of the sea. some US ship was shot at, and that started the war. it seems, it was a us ship friing at another ship, and blaming it on the north vietnamese...Lyndon B johnson and the military industrial complex wanted the vietnam war so bad, most likely for profitable reasons, and for the military to test new things.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFORacer56
reply to post by lunchmanstan

You know I think it is interesting that a joint US-SK training mission was going on at the time. Kinda sounds like a SK 9/11. Really interesting article, thanks for sharing info!

Comparing the sinking of a South Korean Naval vessel to 9/11 are worlds apart. Don't get me wrong, this was a horrible attack...but nothing like 9/11.

[edit on 5/28/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
SK said there inside sources on both sides of the border has provided them with ALL NORTH KOREAN MILITARY MANUALS AND WEAPONRY BROUCHERS..

It matched up PERFECTLY with the missile that sank the boat.

Russia is looking to see these brouchers.
Yeah Right.. Matches perfectly ? ehhh..

Courtesy from willoman

The whole thing stinked from the start.

www.reuters.com...
This article dated 6th of may, the metallic debris and chemical residue fpund on the two wreckage appear to be consistent with a type of torpedo made in Germany. ROK operates German Type 214, don't they ?

If NK really did it, they would not shy away from taking credit as history has shown. It just doesn't benefit them, if like what the media is saying they want handouts. I'm sure NK knows they won't get it this way. Another nuclear scare would be much easier. Now, they are even asking for access to the so-called "Proof".

Because, the eye-catching hand-written Korean markings "ilbon" or "No 1" in English found on the propulsion section of the used torpedo allegedly recovered from the sea bed. AKA - the only fresh and unblemished blue markings admidst the heavily rust and corrosion they called "proof" or "9-11 passport" or "magic bullet".

It turns out to be a serious questioning to the credibility of the findings. The use of "ilbon" in Korean script, may look like North Korean writing, which is distinctly different from what is written in South Korea.

But native North Koreans use "ilho" for the English "No 1". "Ilbon" is what South Koreans would use, although North Korean street addresses more often than often not do contain numerals like "ilbon". - Asia Times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join