It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert - Drano Bombs - common yard trash bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

you had better check out that trash before you pick it up - you
will not make it to the trash can.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Now the average tax paying, non questioning man on the street with no criminal record has another thing to worry about. Good thing scare tactics like this are on the internet otherwise we would all be thinking for ourselves instead of watching government run TV!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow that cop was probably right behind whoever was setting them. They usually explode right away, 30sec-1minute after setting them.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Man I hate this kind of thing. If you don't share the information people may get hurt and if you do, idiots may copy it. What the hell is wrong with people? It's fun to blow stuff up but why would you want to hurt someone?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
Wow that cop was probably right behind whoever was setting them. They usually explode right away, 30sec-1minute after setting them.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

No, it sounds like whoever made the bomb made it so that the two substances would not mix until it was moved, maybe by taping the aluminum foil to the side or using gum to stick it to the bottom and putting it upside down, something of that nature.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Drano bombs? Wow its been 12 years since the last i heard about the "easy homemade bomb" . I remember making one in the woods with a friend. We did it with a 2 liter bottle. It took a little longer to react, but when it went off it was loud. It was cool but it wasn't anything we wanted to mess with again. Is this really new to some people? (excluding the the youth/teens).IMO It's more likely that you'll end up hurting yourself before you find an effective way to have it detonate at just the right time in order to hurt someone else.

our attempt took way longer to react. My guess is because we didn't shake it enough and used a large bottle. I remember debating if we should ditch it and leave ( we had enough sense to not go and re shake it) or wait it out( didn't want it going off on someone after we left) This was no longer then 5 minutes though.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by JROMO303]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamecock

I was thinking the same thing after I posted.

Maybe figured a way to delay it some how. I have heard that once item A mixes with item B, it becomes very unstable very fast.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JROMO303

No not new, maybe lost for a little bit tho, I think the younger gen is learning older tricks from brothers or uncles.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I understand that people that do this more often than not end up the victims of there own making as these things are quite volatile to say the least.
Here of it happening once in a while in the City of 2.5 Million where I live.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

that's what i was thinking although I wouldn't tell the younger ones in my family about it. I remember getting a hold of some second rate Anarchy cookbook off AOL through a chat room server. the first way i remember getting free music/ content at the time. Anyways it had ways to wreck someone computer via floppy disc/ how to rip off coin machines/ some outrageous tennis ball-strike-anywhere match bomb/ Drano bomb/ the list goes on. # like that just doesn't fly like anymore.( Cliche as that sounds, each generation has some sort of "we could do this and get away with it."

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JROMO303

Haha that old cookbook, I totally forgot about it til just now when you mentioned it. That thing had all the how to ingredients for the teenage rebel. It's was for the greater good that it was wiped clean of the interwebs since some people and kids have no control over themselves.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Vinegar and baking soda.

Coke and mentos.

There are more, but why tell the kids how to do it?

top topics

join