It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Blood (Season 3) Starting June 13th...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant
First episode was great! got off to a good start imo! I just want more!....was a little confused by Sam's dream about Bill?

Me too, but then I figured it out.

If you can remember Bill saved Sam’s life by giving him his vampire blood.

When sookie got tricked into drinking eric's blood, they made a connection and now she has erotic dreams of eric.

It's the same thing haha.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yep, I called Sam's dream, right when it started (though I let my wife's eyes get big before I told her, hehe..., but did let her know before he woke up)...

There is a new book out (fairly recent). It wraps up the whole war pretty nicely (those reading the books will know what I mean)...

You're right though, she does get beat up a lot in the books....and isn't nearly as likable as her on screen character.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yep, got the new book! Of course, reading in the pool on a floatie not the best idea I've ever had. ::grumbles:: Page 8, one lil shift, and off I slid into the pool! Managed to keep one arm up and book out of the water LOL Prolly woulda made a hilarious video! Classic.

In case ya missed it or just wanna see it again, for your entertainment:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I love watching the mini-sodes.

The dancer hired in one of them was the gal Eric was with in the first episode of this season....

Last night's was great...finally got to see Pam lez out a bit...
And how the heck did Tara do that thing with her eye flutters? Wow...that was pretty impressive...even if an effect....

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Don't think it was an effect and that vamp sure knew what he was doing lol.

Loved the ending of the episode, it was crazy! but maybe I'm sick for loving it lol. It made me laugh, but I think we were supposed to feel sorry for him, oops.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by Gazrok

Don't think it was an effect and that vamp sure knew what he was doing lol.

Loved the ending of the episode, it was crazy! but maybe I'm sick for loving it lol. It made me laugh, but I think we were supposed to feel sorry for him, oops.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by _Phoenix_]

I just watched it and wow! I just couldnt stop my eyes from bulging at the ending
guess i'm sick too

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That was kind of messed up (the ending), but paves the way for Sookie and Eric to get it on (and of course, Alcide will be in the mix there sooner, too)...

As in the books, Sookie is kind of slutty, when you think about it...hehe...

My favorite moment though, was Bud's resignation....that was classic... "I'm done!"

Priceless!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

My favorite moment though, was Bud's resignation....that was classic... "I'm done!"

Priceless!

Yeah that was funny.

I think I can now predict that Detective Bellefleur will replace him, and now with his new power and a bit of hesitation, Jason will be able to use him to join the police force and make his new dream come true lol.

p.s I haven't read the books, I gotta be careful reading this thread!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The show only LOOSELY follows the books though, so can't really go by them. For example, in the books, Lafayette would have died in season 1. (he would have been the body in the car, instead of the shaman lady)...

And Bill didn't propose in the books. Tara, was almost a non-character as well. (in the books).... Lots of other differences, even the Mynead was just a footnote, instead of a season long antagonist....

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The show only LOOSELY follows the books though, so can't really go by them. For example, in the books, Lafayette would have died in season 1. (he would have been the body in the car, instead of the shaman lady)...

And Bill didn't propose in the books. Tara, was almost a non-character as well. (in the books).... Lots of other differences, even the Mynead was just a footnote, instead of a season long antagonist....

Lafayette is one of my favourite characters in the show! i'm so glad they changed that, I did think he was gone after the season 1 finale, very pleased he turned up in season 2!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

p.s I haven't read the books, I gotta be careful reading this thread!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by _Phoenix_]

Nah, you're okay man. Those of us who have read the books are pretty good about keeping our lil lips sealed in this thread. We may tease you from time to time Muhahaha but I can't see any of us letting big story lines slip or anyones 'nature' revealed. I'll let you stew in that one for a few ;P

And yes, the show isn't following the books so even those who have read 'em don't always know where the shows story line may go.

Buds resignation was classic for sure! I was laughing so hard!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yeah I knew that.
But anything from the books could still give clues that I may not want to hear

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
True, like what Sookie really is....
(and why supes like her so much...)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wow, Sookie looked damn good on last night's episode... She's obviously working out. Yikes!

Seems it's really setting up to follow the books (i.e. giving Sookie the out, to cozy up to Alcide and/or Eric)... (yeah, she's kind of a slut in the books too...)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm just grabbing episode 4 now! nearly died when it never appeared last week!

Sookie is a slut?
I hope they don't do that to her in the show! I like that innocence about her, part of her appeal!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well, lets just say, in the books, she bounces around a bit, not more than one at a time, but in the books.....she kind of goes from supe to supe (vampires, weres, etc.)

Of course, the show often goes in different directions, so it's only a loose guide...

I'm sure they'll do the relationship bit with Eric though, eventually, as the circumstances are "interesting" to say the least, and the book fans mostly love this part of the series....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I was watching G4's coverage of Comic-Con, and Pam from True Blood confirmed that someone (male) will have amnesia, and will be seen in a different light, also loosely confirmed werepanthers, and that we'll find out what Sookie is...(for those of us who read the books, we know what this all could mean, but of course, the show only loosely follows the books)....

What a cliff-hanger last night! Can't leave us hanging like that!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow, two vamps biting it the same night....lots of work for the cleanup crew...eeewww....

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

From the preview (and the books), I'm betting Sookie blows Debbi away with a shotgun, in Sookie's house....

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This last episode had the best ending cliffhanger yet...

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Russel Edgington is off the reservation after Eric killed his boy toy...so what does he do?

He goes onto the set of a live newscast covering the ratification of the Vampire Rights Act, and simply rips the spine out of the anchorman...while saying that he is a true representation of what it means to be a vampire... Priceless!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join