It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman to Pelosi: Give up personal jet ($28,000 per flight!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

A Florida congressman plans to offer an amendment to the 2011 Defense Authorization bill that would require House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to fly coach – just as she requires of other Congress members.

The California Democrat commutes across the continent in a jet provided by the military, a policy first authorized for the House speaker following the 9/11 terror attacks. But WND also has reported on the tabulation by corruption-fighting Judicial Watch of Pelosi's apparent excesses on her flights.

For example, a receipt for "in-flight services" for the House speaker included a list that looked like a dream order for a wild frat party: Maker's Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey's Irish Crème, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey and Corona beer.

It was only part of the more than $101,000 taxpayers paid for "in-flight services" for Pelosi's trips on Air Force jets over a two-year period, the Judicial Watch report said.

Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., announced today he applauded Pelosi's new House rules-change that bans all members of Congress from flying first class on the taxpayer's dime.

And to help the speaker enforce the new rules, Posey said in an announcement, he is offering an amendment to the FY 2011 Defense Authorization bill which requires the speaker to lead by example and also fly coach. The move, he said, would spare taxpayers the $28,000 it costs per flight for her personal military aircraft when she travels back and forth to her home in San Francisco.

"I'm glad the speaker decided to create these new standards for cost savings and transparency," said Posey. "But the rules must apply to every member in order for them to be effective and my amendment would do just that. Every time the speaker boards her personal military aircraft it costs the taxpayers approximately $28,000 a flight. The leader of the people's House should travel just like everyone else."

It was several weeks ago when Pelosi confirmed the orders for members of Congress to fly coach or economy class for flights both domestic and overseas, unless the trip is more than 14 hours.

At the time, the California Democrat told the Associated Press, "These travel policy announcements are part of our continuing effort to ensure transparency and accountability in congressional management." Today, her office declined to respond to a WND request for comment about the Posey proposal.

Documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by Judicial Watch, which investigates and prosecutes government corruption, show Pelosi incurred expenses of some $2.1 million for her use of Air Force jets for travel over a recent two-year period.

Source: www.wnd.com...

When are we, as US citizens, going to say Enough is Enough with these people and their thinking. Regardless if they are Rep or Dem. I'm talking about the Elitist ones.

This matter and the cost involved is a joke. Why won't the MSM cover it? Oh, forgot, she a Dem.... nevermind. There time is coming.

Here is what she should be flying-if anything at all.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry -- but you get a star and a flag just for the picture!!

That being said, it's about time government starts practicing what they preach. Since they live off of our money, and we all have less, it stands to reason that they should have less as well.

But here's what will really happen IMO:

There will be some threat on her person or family that will force her to maintain her private jet. This will all be justified by her need for security and the uprising of "domestic terrorists" here in the USA.
In fact, I bet Pelosi is working on an updated list of potential terrorists as we speak...errr...type.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Maker's Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey's Irish Crème, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey and Corona beer

Who gave this woman the right to spend tax payer money like this?
I want to be sick. These people are taking advantage of their position BIG time.
I think its time for a reality check.

This is not the way its supposed to be. She should be removed from office for her arrogance and disrespect. She has plenty of money to pay for that bill but she instead uses tax payer money to get drunk on.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Bravo to Posey.

Even though he's just trying to bring her down as well. Misery loves company.

Politicians - what can ya do?

And as far as all that tax money being wasted on Pelosi.....

Is anyone here really surprised at all.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Once again a classic example of our fine leadership in action. Here we have an elected official spending OUR tax dollars so they can live a cushy life style at OUR expense. That one order of liquor is probably more than I get paid in a weeks time. She should be ashamed....yet we know this will never be the case. Our ELECTED officials have got out of hand people. And the fact that this isn't being reported on the MSM is appalling yet typical. I am really starting to think that there is only one way to send a message to these criminals....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What a hypocrite. I don't know why she thinks she is so special that she needs to keep her private jet but everyone else needs to fly economy class. And what is with all the alcohol? Do we have a little bit of a drinking problem?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Pelosi's robbery of the taxpayers doesn't just end there.

Do you guys remember the personal armada that protected her on the taxpayers dime to go eat dinner at someones house in Florida.

Also when she went to Coppenhagen, Her and her entourage racked up quite bill of alcohol and ammenities.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I can't even stand to look at that witch... Bet she spends more time in the plastic surgery and botox offices than she does doing her job.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well,see is entitled a plane-as she in #3 in line for POTUS but, when she scraped the old one and got this one-about 2x's the size. Come on.

There was some stink about it back then but the Dems were on a roll then.

I wish they would just start showing some common sense and respect to the American people/the tax payers.

It like she is rubbing the elitism in our faces.

PALIN wouldn't do it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
when the hammer falls, and make no mistake it will, the so called "leaders" of this country will run and hide from the common citizens of this country. many have dual citizenship and/or an estate in another country where they can flee to when the SHTF.

Pelosi better run like the wind before the common folk catch her. sadly, i don't think this freak knows how hated by the public she truly is. i always hear negative remarks whenever her name is mentioned in the company of democrats. her own "people" do not like her.

[for the record, i live in very liberal Austin, Texas.]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I love her!
she is a one woman Democrat party wrecking machine
the more BS she pulls the worse it gets for the dems.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Well then, you'll like these I found when I found a CBS transcipt from the story back when she wanted the plane when she first became House Leader:

Katie Couric:

“Now, to a story that has Washington buzzing tonight. At a time when they’re cracking down on congressional perks, the new Speaker of the House is apparently asking for a big travel upgrade. Sharyl Attkisson reports from Capitol Hill.”

Sharyl Attkisson:

“Ever since 9/11, a small military jet like this has been made available to transport the Speaker of the House for security reasons. The Speaker is second in the line of succession to the presidency. Back then, it was Republican Dennis Hastert. Now it’s Democrat Nancy Pelosi. But she may be getting a little more leg room. Speaker Pelosi is reportedly asking for a much bigger jet, a government version of the Boeing 757 that can make the trip between Washington and her San Francisco home without stopping to refuel. The Speaker’s critics have dubbed it Pelosi One. Military officials are said to be grumbling about it, and the Speaker finds herself on the defensive. Today she insisted size doesn’t really matter.”

Nancy Pelosi, House Speaker, clip #1:

“It’s not a question of size, it’s a question of distance.”

Pelosi clip #2:

“We want an aircraft that can reach California.”

Attkisson:

“But an aircraft like that can comfortably seat 50. And Republican leader Roy Blunt is among those questioning how all those extra seats might get filled.”

Roy Blunt, House Minority Whip:

“You know, if you can say to your supporters, you want to fly with me from San Francisco this week, spend the week in New York, and then fly with me back, that’s an incredible perk. It’s an incredible fund-raising tool.”

Attkisson:

“Pelosi’s office told us she’ll follow all the appropriate guidelines. Problem is there aren’t any yet. Because of the flack, the Defense Department is now said to be quickly writing rules for the Speaker’s plane, everything from size to who can go along for the ride.”

Source: nedgrace.wordpress.com...

Notice the source title part: skipped-by-other-networks! Enjoy

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
As the third highest official in The United States right now alone means this is defeated. State Department, Secret Service, DHS will not allow this so this is nill.

According to the current order of succession if anything happens to either Obama or Biden she becomes President. Her safety, protection and security is paramount above all else. This bill will be tabled indefinately in by the end of the session today.

Obama was not born in Kenya. He's a biracial Christian/Baptist American who was born in Hawaii. Enough with the Birther crud. That does nothing positive for anything but create unessacary noise right at the point where this nation right now can really shine.

Pelosi will get to keep the jet. The United States Federal Government maintains that aircraft in conjunction with The United States Secret Service and The United States Department Of Defense and is nicknamed Air Force Three.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

There are already security measures in place that generally do not allow all three of them to be at the same place at the same time unless it is for events such as the State of the Union.

Keeping the three of them separated is the best security since it would be unlikely to have multiple events at different locations all at the same time.

When she becomes second in line, she can have her jet back. Until then, she may have to learn to live with refueling halfway home. I know, the tradegy of inconvenience.

Refueling has nothing to do with security. I'm fairly certain they know the basics of security which would require a differing refueling schedule in order to prevent anyone from knowing her routine and thereby targeting her.

This is absolutely unacceptable in my opinion and is nothing more than typical wasteful spending and hypocritical actions.

As for your birther comment, can we stay on topic please since I'm pretty sure Obama's religious viewpoint and birthplace have very little to do with the millions of unnecessary dollars this is costing taxpayers every time she decides to hop a ride home.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

For example, a receipt for "in-flight services" for the House speaker included a list that looked like a dream order for a wild frat party: Maker's Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey's Irish Crème, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey and Corona beer.

What a bunch of lousy, mass-produced, pseudo spirits. None of them are worth a damn, and all maintain their market share with advertising designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I don't have a problem with Pelosi politically, but I CANNOT TOLERATE someone who drinks cheap booze.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

I don't have a problem with Pelosi politically, but I CANNOT TOLERATE someone who drinks cheap booze.

LOL Too funny man, what a nice ice breaker for the weekend to start on. LOL My wife busted a gut on that one. Me too.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
must have a good life living off us at no expense. Jeez, wish they were in our shoes and see how most of us are suffering.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I must have missed the part where Obama became a christian/baptist. I think you may want to do a little more research.As far as I know he is muslim. So before you go on an on about him you should get your facts right. This thread is not about Obama it is about Pelosi spending taxpayer money like she won the lottery.I guess with all that liquor she is goipng to get whoever tries to do her harm drunk. If she needs that much alcohol for her trip she may want to make a stop at the Betty Ford clinic on her way thru.This is just outrageous to say the least.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

The only refueling she is doing is for herself at the liquor store. Maybe we need to get Dr.Drew to call her for the next celebrity rehab since they are looking for new cast members.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Can you imagine what you could do with 28000 dollars. The real question should be how many times does she fly back and forth. I think she should have a budget on her flights and whatever she spends over that should be coming out of her wallet then we will see how many times she goes back to cali.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join