It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Weird site I found by mistyping google...

www.googe.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I didn't see anything, screen was just black. Did you see anything? It did say "hell" in the upper left hand corner of my toolbar.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The website tries to hack into your computer clock and various system files. Look at its source.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'm not up on HTML commands...Is that what
LINK="#101bbe"ALINK="#681299" VLINK="#fbff1b"
is supposed to do?

If so, how do we report it to the host server?

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
No that sets the colors of an active link and a link that has been active. You know you click on a link it turns green, and then you when you go "Back" it is red for instance.

At least that is if I remember correctly

It's all the other stuff, the "prxopen win.sys" stuff (off the top of my head) or maybe I am misinterpreting that, but I doubt it.

Either way doesn't seem he was successful, all it must do is be a "trace" or such that just gives him the listed data from the computers that visit his site...certain specifics such as time//date some programs on your comp.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Not likely from here...I've got a firewall (that deliberately warns me of any info that's "requested" from a site I visit), a traceroute utility that also warns of an invasion attempt & another utility that "cleans" out any type of java/HTML coded "cookies", whether or not the site asks my permission to let it set up spyware on my comp. There's a few other things I've got here, but it's generally not wise to give out all of my own secrets...Even so, I got not even so much of a "blip" for a warning.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Well if it is than we are screwed, cause I was at least the fourth person to open it. I wonder what happens to those who do open it? Say by the way, is there any historical refernce to Pandora's Box that anyone is aware of????

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Hmmm...
McAfee's Virus Library doesn't even have an entry for it...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   
That's because it isn't a virus, it's just html, and way too much of it for a black screen. It's doing something but whatever it is it is rather benign, like a benign tumor

It's not simply a black screen, we'll leave it at that.

It has some function written into it, and whether it works or is flawed or doesn't do anything but peer in at your system files, it is there for a purpose less than an oddity.

And it is well placed like a spider web, to catch visitors who mis-type Google.com

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
[Edited on 8-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Under the guy Googe's name there is "Masters Of Reality"...

Weird...

top topics

join