It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Media Giant Still In Operation Today! (Bertelsmann) Help Needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSer!

Ok so while doing some research for one of my other threads I discovered that a large media conglomerate has ties to the Nazis and The club of Rome.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

^^ Have a quick look at the thread if you want to see how I discovered this^^

Ok where to start...........well I came across a company called Bertelsmann. Lets get to know this company first. Bertalsmann is a worldwide media outlet based in Germany. Bertelsmann currently consists of five corporate divisions:

RTL Group- Europe's biggest broadcaster
Gruner + Jahr- a magazine publisher, the biggest in Europe
Random House- the world's largest trade book publisher (popular literature)
Direct Group- the world's largest book and music club group
Arvato AG- an international media and communications service provider

And BMG the music company.

Now lets dive into Bertelsmann dark past.

"Bertelsmann Verlag was founded as a publishing house and print shop in July 1835 by Carl Bertelsmann. At first Bertelsmann concentrated on Christian songs and books. In 1851, led by Carl Bertelsmann's son Heinrich, the company began publishing novels. During the following years Bertelsmann expanded steadily. By 1939 the publishing house employed 401 people. During World War II, Bertelsmann was the biggest single producer of Nazi propaganda. Owner Heinrich Mohn and his son Reinhard Mohn were both members of the SS."
en.wikipedia.org...

So the single biggest producer of Nazi propaganda was allowed to carry on after the fall of the third reich. This isn't all.

"Mr. Mohn was an honorary member of the Club of Rome. He was also the founder of the Bertelsmann Foundation in 1977."

www.theglobalist.com...

So not only was Reinhard mohn a member of the SS he was also part of The club of Rome.

For those of you who do not know of The club of rome this video will help:

www.youtube.com...

To be honest i'm not sure what any of this means yet and there is a lot that i'm missing. Thats why I would like the help of my fellow ATSer in getting to the bottom of this.

Let the research begin..........

Thanks

[edit on 27-5-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nothing to say. I just don't want to see the thread die!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A link to someone who has a lot more knowledge than I on this subject:

newsmine.org.../bertelsmann-nazis.txt

Its a "Must read".

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

German media giant Bertelsmann has admitted it lied about its Nazi past and that it made big profits during Adolf Hitler's reign in Germany using Jewish slave labour.

A commission set up by the firm found Bertelsmann rode the rise of the Nazi party to restructure itself from a religious and school book publisher to supply millions of anti-Semitic texts.

"Bertelsmann published a variety of papers and books that clearly had anti-Jewish bias," Independent Historical Commission (IHC) Chairman Saul Friedlaender, an Israeli historian, told a news conference.

The Commission found that Bertelsmann made "indirect" use of Jewish slave labour in Latvia, and Lithuania but not at its German headquarters.

The then head of the company, Heinrich Mohn, also made donations to the SS, Hitler's special forces and concentration camp guards.

"True, he never joined the Nazi party, but his membership in the SS patrons' group signalled his readiness for a political arrangement," the report said.

BBC News

In all honesty any successful company during the Nazi period will, more often than not, have links to the Nazi party and therefore negative connotations.

It's dog eat dog in the business world and especially under an opressive regime such as the Nazis. There is that 'you're either with us or you're against us' mentality.

Business is business at the end of the day and money doesn't talk, it swears.

[edit on 27/5/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Hi liveforever thanks for commenting

Your have a point but in the Age of "TV programming" a company as big as Bertelsmann, that has ties with the Nazi has me worried.

And what about Reinard Mohns connection with The Club of Rome? That alone makes me believe that Bertelsmann still has an agenda.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
What kind of programming do they undertake these days? Is it anything that lures in the masses? If not then I wouldn't give it much thought.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Well I really wouldn't be worried if I were you. You can't base the current legitimacy of a company based on it's inevitable associations with the Nazis - some 70 years ago.

What about the engineering company 'MAN SE' who built many of Germanys tanks and heavy trucks? Or Volkswagen who were specifically chosen and sponsored by Hitler himself to create 'The Peoples Car'?

There are many companies with Nazi pasts (some minor, some major) but this is an inevitability for Germany companies formed before and during the Nazi regime.

As for Reinhard Mohn and his connections with The Club of Rome....he is an honorary member (whatever that means) and this is a title that was never hidden away. I don't know enough about The Club of Rome to comment really but it would seem that Mohn wouldn't be a major player, if one at all.

Mohn's reputation was that of the model German postwar democratic capitalist and philanthropist: he established a profit-sharing scheme for employees that earned him the nickname "Red Mohn", and often lunched in the cafeteria with his staff.

Source

He certainly doesn't seem like a master conspirator to me and anyway, he's dead now, so his string pulling days are over.

[edit on 27/5/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Thats a good point.

Perhaps i'm pushing for a conspiracy where there is none. Still I see the words Nazi and media conglomerate and my red flags shoot up.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So....It was founded in 1835, about 100 years before the Nazi's came along. And then during the Nazi rule they published literature for their government. Big deal....That doesn't mean that they're now publishing Nazi propoganda and slipping subconcious images into our heads so that we start saluting Adolf instead of the star spangled banner. Wouldn't worry about it. Focus on our own messed up government propoganda and false flag operations about US

new topics

top topics

join