It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of ghost, New Lanark, Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
New Lanark is a small village in southern Scotland, a 200 y/o historic mill village & UN Heritage Site, on the banks of the River Clyde.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93749026d1b2.jpg[/atsimg]

It's always been an active area for ghostly goings on, I'm reliably told many researchers have caught peculiar things on video & sound recordings.

The latest one has been caught on the cctv at the mill hotel ... since c 1990 it's been a hotel, before that it was a working mill from about the late 1700's onwards.

A bit of history. The village & mill were established by a man called David Dale in the late 1700's, with a chap called Robert Owen formulating and putting into practice some revolutionary ideas for the time ... free healthcare for the millworkers & their families, free education for the children, subsidised healthy food for all. Many of the employees were from the Scottish Highlands, folk who'd moved to Southern Scotland ... and many being lured off the boat to America by Owen, who encouraged them participate in his great experiment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6f1be5373f2.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyway ! Enough of the history ...

Check out the video and let's see what you think ... ! It was filmed on the night of 12th May and has only just been released.

Click here
New Lanark Ghost on camera / Real Radio

New Lanark Trust Website

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

I suggest you take a quick look at this link though.

Ghost Finders Scotland - EVP Files 1 - 8 Captured at World Heritage Site

Further down in that link you can read up on the investigations that also took place as well as the supposed evidence captured which leads from light anomalies on cameras to apparitions.

Summary

There definitely seemed to be a lot of unexplainable happenings at New Lanark World Heritage Site. We got EMF and Trifield readings, lots of light anomalies on camcorders and still images and lots of apparent voices. We feel that although things seemed to be very quiet at times, we still managed to capture some very interesting evidence. We have no doubt that New Lanark would be well worth returning to for a future investigation. New Lanark World Heritage Site is a great location that has had many reported ghost sightings and experiences. We would love to return at some point in the future to carry out further investigation. We would like to say thank you to the staff of New Lanark World Heritage Site for their assistance, warm welcome and excellent hospitality.
(See Link Above)

Sounds like an interesting location and somewhere definitely worthy of a second look.

ETA in Response to The Video Provided: After watching the video I'm like others here not convinced at all that it's anything paranormal, although yes, it can be a convincing video to most ‘normal people’ who see it but I can't see anything there that can't be explained away in a scientific way in all honesty.

Also the fact that we can see something right from the beginning automatically disproves it for me personally as we MUST see a video claimed to be paranormal fully from Start to Finish for obvious reasons.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've got to be honest, I don't see anything in that video. The time code didn't even move. It appears to be a video of a still image.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I can't see anything! I will have to watch the video a few times. I am focusing on the bottom right of the screen.

edit: That is strange, no wonder why I was not seeing anything... I had to put it up on full screen to watch... Must be because I am using an old browser or something..

edit again: Okay, after seeing that video, I think it is kind of sketchy how that thing stays there the entire time. I am calling that to be a light artifact/reflection.

A) As the viewers we do not know what happened before the clip and after the clip. It would have been good if the owners included the video of when the thing actually disappears and appears. Otherwise I am dismissing this video as light reflection and because it is raining, it is causing the light to shift around.

I see at about 1:19 the thing completely disappears and reappears in a matter of a second.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by fordrew]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what I am supposed to be seeing here.

If you look closely you can see that it is raining. This may have something to do with bright spots on the CCTV lens.

If there is something else please direct me to it and I will take another look.

Edit. I am fairly certain after another look, that when the "ghost" moves, it is probably wind pushing a wet patch that is reflecting a light in the car park.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by faceofcydonia]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Hey there Ulala,

That was a great OP ... the only thing to let it down was the video unfortunately.

Can you point out what we're supposed to be looking at because all I can see is the rain ... a bit of pixilation in the top righthand corner ... and something that looks to be a mark/speck on the lens in the bottom right corner.

Woody

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

"Between 0130 and 0300 in the morning, we were startled to see, quite clearly, a mysterious ghostly shape in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen which came and went. At one point it disappears through a door, without opening it, and reappears."

"No staff, guests or members of the public were outside at the time, so it is definitely not human nor a trick of the light."

The camera is looking downwards from the top right corner of the hotel and shows a small bright figure, about four feet high, possibly a child. Dressed in luminous white, it is seen bending and nodding before becoming motionless for a while.

It then becomes more agitated and appears to change position by jumping onto a higher level. During the footage a number of bright surreal flashes can be seen.

"It is the strangest, eeriest thing I have ever seen, it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

"We were very fortunate to capture it on screen and it has caused considerable debate here in the village. Originally I was sceptical about ghosts but now, after reviewing the footage again and again, I'm not so sure."
(Source)

There ya Go.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I think the "ghostly apparition" is represented by the white patch at the bottom right of the screen ???

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Oh thanks RA, after watching it again I agree with your first post ... it doesn't seem to be anything paranormal ... but to the OP that doesn't necessarily mean the place isn't haunted. It very well may be.

Woody

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
I think the "ghostly apparition" is represented by the white patch at the bottom right of the screen ???

Certainly, no one would be so foolish as to think that water drop light reflection is some kind of ghost! They would have to be drooling morons or something.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Certainly, no one would be so foolish as to think that water drop light reflection is some kind of ghost! They would have to be drooling morons or something.

Bit harsh ... you could have made your point without being offensive. Ulala made a good OP by adding some background to the place and simply supplied a video asking for feedback. Your reply was unecessarily rude.

Woodwytch

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It took me forever to figure out what I supposed to be seeing until the thing I THOUGHT was light moved up the right edge of the frame.

I going to have to hold my judgment though as it only seems like a reflection of light until it moves. Then it SEEMS to be a transparent apparition of a person's body (head and all). but that could be only because it resembles the shape of one.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Have to confess I'm not entirely convinced either ! But it's really quite intriguing.

The Sun newspaper has conveniently enlarged the area in question ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67aab841af2d.jpg[/atsimg]

SPOOKED staff at a 'haunted' hotel were left baffled last night after a ghostly figure was caught roaming the grounds in this creepy CCTV footage. Stunned boss John Stirrat was watching the routine security tape when he saw a glowing spectral figure glide across the car park and appear to vanish through a closed door.

It's just the latest in a string of creepy sightings at the historic New Lanark Mill Hotel - but the first time a 'phantom' has been recorded on film. John, 35, said: "It's the strangest, eeriest thing I have ever seen. "It makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

THE footage is mind-blowing. I was drawn to the lines that constantly flashed across the screen. I noticed the object in the right-hand corner. At one point it looks like the mysterious figure is controlling the lines. Usually when the spirit world tries to get in touch, there are bars and long things. Things stretch out a bit too. There's the possibility that someone could be trying to send a message. Eerie The blob in the right-hand corner looks like someone is stuck and struggling to move on. In the end, they don't seem to know what's going on around them. In the middle of the video there appears to be one big blast, like a burst of energy. And you see the object retreating. I've been to the New Lanark area before and it's quite an eerie place, with real history. This is the latest in a long line of supernatural stories from the village.

The Sun / New Lanark ghost

There's also some very interesting audio files available online, taken in the village a few years ago, where researchers appear to have made contact with a ghost/phenomenon. It's actually quite eery to listen to.

Ghost Finders/Scotland/New Lanark - audio

*resolves to visit New Lanark again !*

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Bit harsh ... you could have made your point without being offensive. Ulala made a good OP by adding some background to the place and simply supplied a video asking for feedback. Your reply was unecessarily rude.

I disagree. Occasionally, something is just so ridiculous that it literally invites ridicule, and that is the best and most proper response.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

The 'best and most proper response' would include being polite in the process.

Your post is nothing short of a pro reason for the negative star system that some people want so badly.

Simple as that.

ETA: Sorry for the off topic post Ulala.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

*cough*

I think you mean "healthy scepticism" rather than ridicule ? Hey I can live with that, but don't ridicule me please, it's not agreeable, English isn't my first language, I'm trying my best here.

Look, let's not fall out ... I think it's quite an interesting story, I thought I'd share, simple as

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Interesting story. The blown-up newspaper photo sorta looks like it could be a ghost. Can't prove it of course, (can we ever?) but interesting nonetheless.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I dont see a ghost. it's clearly raining and the rain dropps are interacting on the bright video glitch.. the "head" of the ghost is a raindrop on the lens. The body of the ghost is getting more rain on it and is making it look like it's moving.. nothing to see here.. move along folks...

new topics

top topics

join