It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could bring only 1 thing into a new world, what would you bring?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Umm.....

I would want to bring SOAP... Lots of SOAP. Eek.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The Encyclepedia Britannica.

Hopefully I would then be able to replicate anything worth replicating, like beer, and reminding myself of all the things not worth replicating, like religion and politics!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thats a tough decision to make, I guess I would have to know what will already exist in the new world to make the right choice. But right now it's a strong tie between 3 things
1. My cat ( too bad he's fixed or else he would be very usefull in the repopulation of the cat population, I love that little bugger though I don't think I could leave him.
2. My iPod ( music can make the worst days have light )
3. A bag of potent seeds ( I'm sure you can all guess what those seeds will grow)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Pizza ...

... to go with the beer ...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Nothing more. Not even the end of that line.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The New World I envision would not just be a fresh Earth....but an Earth that has moved into the next higher dimension. And only positive people would be able to make the transition. No evil or negativity would even be possible in this dimension. I believe all the negativity will be stuck on the old Earth, where the people will degrade into a Mad Max world fighting over anything that is left. Let 'em have it.
In the NEW world, You wouldn't need to bring ANYTHING, because in this new dimension you would be able to manifest anything needed. You wouldn't need to eat (unless of course you want to). To me the 3 most important things in this world or the next are Art, Music, and the Knowledge of who and what we REALLY ARE.....powerful spiritual beings of light who along with everything else in the Universe make up The Mind Of God. But these things are encoded into our being, and will automatically generate in the New World. But for now, on this crumbling Earth, the most important thing you can do is to AWAKEN and REMEMBER that You Are God.....and you are simply living a dream in your imagination....which is what God has always done and will continue to do forever. He is living the lives of everyone and everything in the Universe! This is what God does for FUN! We are all simply THOUGHTS OF GOD. Oh, and BTW....I am the farthest thing from being religious....organized religion is a blight on the planet. All the spiritual answers you need are encoded in your DNA,,,,waiting for you to look within to find. Nothing else in this life matters. NOTHING. This is the GOAL. To win the game, you have to Wake UP and Remember Who You REALLY Are. Namaste!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
percocet.

sorry about the one liner.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Internet hands down and of course a type of medium like solar a PC or laptop. There will not be many left and communication will be vital in order to maintain a population under 500mil in perpetual balance with nature.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A new world? I guess just carpentry tools.

I would have a real place to call home.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A few books

The Bible
Emmerson's Essays
Sagas of the Icelanders
The Mahabharata
Lord of the Rings
Something Wicked This Way Comes
ect.

Something to remind me of who I am and how I got that way. Books are just mirrors of our own souls and when we find those books that mirror our souls we should hold them close and cherish them.

If it wasn't books that I brought it would be a guitar and a few sets of strings.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Without a doubt. I would bring my son. 9 months old.

By the way, if the new world has grain, I can make us all beer.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My PC as it is with a load of music, movies and most importantly games.
Then i would hunt down the guy who has the beer, steal it and have a good time with the two best things combined

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
My PC as it is with a load of music, movies and most importantly games.
Then i would hunt down the guy who has the beer, steal it and have a good time with the two best things combined

1 thing, how do you charge it???

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

was what I was thinking so I added solar powered to mine. lol

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh this is just too easy.

I'd bring a tonne of soil.

So that all the potheads, if any of you are fortunate enough to be smoking cess, and not just female buds with no seeds, I can, ya know, help a brother out.

Of course, somebody would have to bring a shovel along...
and nutrients

damnit.

Okay, I'm changing my answer to
my garden!
Apples and hops and peaches and peppers and mints, and of course, cannabis sativa and indica and, well, in the new world ruderalis won't exist so bugger off to that, and st. johns wort and phalaris grass and mushrooms, edible and poisonous and hallucinogenic.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Myself ?

second line?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Women....

Lots of NAKED women!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My acoustic guitar.

Music is a UNIVERSAL language, so who knows, it may help with the natives of this new place....until we get enough people there to force them off their land.

Plus, since acoustic guitars are hollowed out, I would stuff as much stuff as I could inside the damn thing.

Handgun, bullets, painkillers, clean underwear, bottle of booze, and (in regards to the poster above me) lots of condoms because you know what they say: What happens in the New World, stays in the New World

[edit on 28-5-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
One seed of Cannabis or beer.
Its ironic as i just finished watching avatar last night.
I'll be honest it did make me feel like intergalactic locust.
Of course I was overwhelmed by their connection to the planet and I too, wanted to be a one of them and not human.
So I would bring, a seed. The best seed ever. I would love to see if eywa would reject it.
Its funny because in conclusion of the movie, all I could think was
"at least it was better than Titanic."

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well, we have food, beer, a fridge ( very important - thanks to Lady Tuatha ), a carpenter with tools, gardeners with seed of all kinds
, a weaver (can use a hemp like product along with wooly pig wool), music, books, loved ones, philosophy, toilet paper and bibles, beloved pets, transportation, communication ....

Does percocet work for hangovers?

Revmoofoo, I have the lighter. THAT works for hangovers!!

I don't think the guns will be needed though, this sounds like a happy place so far. We don't want anyone getting drunk and shooting the wooly pig

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join