It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could bring only 1 thing into a new world, what would you bring?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The talk of a new world is all over the place. Not just on ATS, but throughout the internet and even sometimes mention in public. The current world is crumbling, and will have to be severely changed in order to continue societal life.

I started thinking. If you could only choose 1 part of 'old' society to bring into the new (everything else would have to be destroyed), what would you choose?

Personally, I'd choose american football (the NFL). There's nothing like Monday Night Football, or actually being at a game. I cannot imagine what i'd do if i didn't have the NFL to look forward to in the fall (i.e. 2011). It's not the violent nature that i like, it's the legacy, and the burning drive to be at the top. In addition there are amazing things (i.e. immaculate reception) that are then added to a legacy and permanently engraved into people's minds. But i do wish that the players would leave whatever happens on the field, on the field, and not let it boost their ego, or use their status as an excuse to be irresponsible. It would also help if they didn't make millions upon millions of dollars. That goes for the owners too...

So, what would you choose?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Beer, definitely beer.

Everything else can be RESET, thanks!!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I would have to go for as much as I can, so I would bring a solid-edition of every project of wikimedia as it existed on the day before the old world was destroyed. This includes wikipedia, wikisource, the media commons, wiktionary, and so many more. This would be one of the most important things in the new world, Information, and a LOT of it.

I don't know about you, but when the world falls apart and we try to rebuild society, I want a record of things that didn't work. Things that caused corruption, and how to stop it. When we know what doesn't work, we simply won't try it, and that gives society a head start right out of the gate.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by fleetlord]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have to say that I would bring music with me. I can't imagine life without music. It helps me to define myself, either through the words or the melodies. It helps me to express my creativity and just makes me happy....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Scarlett Johannson for sure. It would be such a beautiful world.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A loaded gun to shoot myself.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Signals...because he is bringing beer.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/065fabc6449e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The understanding among all that the only way to live is in complete peace.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

This is a deep question but I will have a go. If I could bring anything into a new world from the old it would be a Universal map of all within this lil Universe showing locations of all my brotheren and where they came from...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Bible. We need stuff to fuel the fires

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How about nothing? New start, new place, new stuff

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Scarlett Johannson for sure. It would be such a beautiful world.

This is so true

I would have to go for as much as I can, so I would bring a solid-edition of every project of wikimedia as it existed on the day before the old world was destroyed. This includes wikipedia, wikisource, the media commons, wiktionary, and so many more. This would be one of the most important things in the new world, Information, and a LOT of it.

I think information such as this would be kinda obsolete in a new world. I also think you chose kinda many things, and not just one.

Beer, definitely beer.
A good source for energy, and oh so pleasantly intoxicating ^^

Me, what would i bring? Thats a tough one. Probably a picture of my true love

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So, with everything else destroyed we would be back to the beginning and back to basics.

Well, I wont go for anything that will naturally evolve due to human nature like technology, music, sports, arts, etc. I wont go for anything that can be synthesised from plants as they would likely remain unchanged.

Knowledge of what has come before us on one hand would be quite a bad idea, especially if parts of it were selected and altered, taken out of contexts and packaged together in a belief structure backed by someone who has figured out how to build the technology (that is now forbidden knowledge and classed as magic or sorcery) and then directs a tribe to start conquering nations. Its not like it hasnt been done before.

But on the other hand, we need to know what our mistakes were so we can work out a way to avoid them happening again. Its a kind of damned if you do, damned if you dont situation.

I think what anyone should take into the new world is gratitude that they made it, and respect for anyone else who did too knowing what they must have been through to get there, and make it their duty to uphold that for the rest of their lives and pass it on to others. Hopefully then with people respecting each other and the environment we will finally be able to progress to the next level.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would bring my spinning wheel and loom. With the knowlege of how to teach spinning and weaving. Weavers could make your new clothes for our new world!

Saxony

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The internet.

Second line.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Like another poster above said I would have to go with music. There is nothing like a great song to bring back old memories or to make new memories to.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The one thing I would bring from the Old world to the new would be Fox news, because they enlighten us all. The 2nd would be Dick Cheney for his wisdom and if I was lucky to get a third choice well! that would have to be war......

With this holy trinity, we would be able to shock and awe all the dumb liberals that may make it through to the new world.....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My Bible!

***Sits back and waits for ATS onslaught***

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I would bring a sleeping bag.

I think.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleetlord
I don't know about you, but when the world falls apart and we try to rebuild society, I want a record of things that didn't work. Things that caused corruption, and how to stop it. When we know what doesn't work, we simply won't try it, and that gives society a head start right out of the gate.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by fleetlord]

I agree. One of the biggest issues we have today is that we are pretty much repeating the past (the fall of Atlantis), because the 'evidence' of Atlantis has been lost and destroyed over the years.

I'd say to bring as much hard evidence we can. Maybe even start recording important news on VHS tapes (VHS last longer than most DVD's).

Originally posted by aimlessly
I have to say that I would bring music with me. I can't imagine life without music. It helps me to define myself, either through the words or the melodies. It helps me to express my creativity and just makes me happy....

But what is music without an ipod or CD Player?

Originally posted by mahis
How about nothing? New start, new place, new stuff

Good idea! Just forget about the old stuff.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join