It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says 'Official' Explanation Coming 'Shortly' on Alleged Sestak Job Offer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Obama Says 'Official' Explanation Coming 'Shortly' on Alleged Sestak Job Offer

www.foxnews.com

President Obama said Thursday that the White House is preparing to issue a formal explanation regarding the allegation that it offered Rep. Joe Sestak a job to drop out of the Democratic primary race against Sen. Arlen Specter.

The president, addressing the matter in public for the first time since the Pennsylvania congressman leveled the claim in February, said the statement should answer questions about the claim and insisted "nothing improper" happened.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Sestak White House scandal called 'impeachable offense'

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So something did happen... Maybe Obama's afraid of the Republicans who are calling for impeachment ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ).

Of course FOX news is all over this. Can't wait to see Obama's spin on the allegations, and what Sestak will have to say about the 'explanation.'

---
--
-

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Oh, so one American politician tried to get another American politician to do something by offering them a job? THE HORROR!! What kind of sick world do we live in?!? Politicians "scratching each others' backs"? The sky is falling, grab your torch and pitchfork, storm the gates, outrage, etc.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So how many more weeks will we wait to hear the answer he comes up for this?

I just roll my eyes...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cagliostro

It's not that he offered him a job to DO something, it's the fact he offered him a job to NOT run in an election. Big difference and IMO should be seen as attempting to rig an election of a public official and prosecuted accordingly.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Its never the matter in question. Its always the lies afterwards. The initial offer would be excused as the way things are done, in the heat of the moment, etc. Lying afterward is simple.

Obama is just like Nixon. Tight inner circle, mistrusting of others, awkward in front of the press absent prepared notes, paranoid, buggered up childhood, comfortable using thugs. Just like Nixon.

Rahm = G. Gorden Liddy. The difference is that Liddy had the stones to go to jail rather than talk. Rahm will take his tough guy act and cry like a baby.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So, politicians are crooks.
We have no reason to be outraged.
That's that, eh?

Obama lovers live in a pretty simple world, don't they?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Obama says "there will be an official response shortly" on the question of whether his White House offered Joe Sestak a job to prevent him from running against Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter in a Democratic primary. But "I can assure the public that nothing improper took place," he says.

source

Whatever happened to "I will have" as opposed to "there will be"?

"I can assure the public that nothing improper took place."

Sounds like a used car saleman that says "trust me".
...but I'm sure some will just accept this statement as truth, turn a blind eye and continue to idolize him as usual.

But the S is about to HTF!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sestak confirmed that he was offered a job by the White House if he would drop out of the Primary Race.

Sestak is quoted several times that the White House wanted him out of the Primary against Specter in exchange for something. That is a Crime and many in the circles are saying that Rahm will take the fall for this.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes, the WH has had plenty of time to fabricate a response to these allegations. This issue should have been cracked wide open when the story first broke. Long before the primary election.

Sestak has been reluctant to release further details for a reason. Either he is waiting for the investigation or Obama's goons have already influenced him to "get his story straight".

Something happened and Obama's simple statement makes that very clear. Hell, they are probably rewriting the law to make the "job offer" legal.

I'm sure that this is all just a misunderstanding. No lies.... Just misspeak.
Seems to be the popular explanation for this administration.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Excellent illustration of this administration!!

You are dead on.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Its never the matter in question. Its always the lies afterwards. The initial offer would be excused as the way things are done, in the heat of the moment, etc. Lying afterward is simple.

Obama is just like Nixon. Tight inner circle, mistrusting of others, awkward in front of the press absent prepared notes, paranoid, buggered up childhood, comfortable using thugs. Just like Nixon.

Rahm = G. Gorden Liddy. The difference is that Liddy had the stones to go to jail rather than talk. Rahm will take his tough guy act and cry like a baby.

Well if nothing else, your little comparison of administrations and "characters" is thoroughly amusing. Perhaps you can interest Oliver Stone?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Nothing to see here folks.

We shall just make jokes about it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Formal explanation? More like formal excuse...

We should give the accused parties a chance to make a proper excuse. It doesn't even have to be believable as long as its well presented. I'm sure its Bushes fault, not a big deal because every politician does it, a fabrication of the truth, partisan spin, etc etc etc...

Oh the gall of We the People to be upset at the possibility of a corrupt politician. Corrupt politicians are so overrated.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

If I thought they would cast Ving Rhames as Obama, I would drop Oliver a line.

They will make a movie obviously and it will be the biggest piece of puffery since the Blue Lagoon

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sestak-Obama Job Offer: Legal Case Against It 'Looks Silly', Say Public Integrity Lawyers

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Much ado about nothing.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It looks to me like they wanted to get their stories straight first.

second line.

Originally posted by Schaden
Sestak-Obama Job Offer: Legal Case Against It 'Looks Silly', Say Public Integrity Lawyers

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Much ado about nothing.

Well, if the HuffPo says so.....

You know, most all the investigations in to Bush were nonsense too, but that didn't stop Democrats and the media from relentlessly pushing for them did it?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Rowsdowerr]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Of course they are preparing to...........it takes time for the attourneys to go over everything to keep Obama in the clear. Nothing will stick to him, he is like the Teflon Don. Though they got Gotti eventually didn't they?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Did you read the article ? Is that the best argument you can make is questioning the huff post ? The article's author interviewed several experts on the law, including George Bush's ethics officer. This is a false scandal perpetrated for political reasons. I don't think the media should spend time on these mindless distractions. There are far more important things to criticize his administration about than this is nonsense.

Sestek has done nothing wrong. The Obama WH did not break the law.
The national GOP and right wing media are only trying to use this to make political hay. They'll push it as far as you let them.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Schaden]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - The White House acknowledged on Friday that it tried to get Representative Joe Sestak to drop his Senate bid in exchange for an unpaid job with the administration, but said an internal review concluded it broke no laws.

Can anyone here seriously argue that the Democrats and MSM wouldn't be pushing for investigations if this were Bush? Of course they would! They started hundreds of investigations during the Bush administration!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join